Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well you could always just hook it up and let the motherboard overclock it for you
    Even with the stock cooler you should be able to get 4Ghz+ pretty painlessly and having the Z97 board will give you a upgrade option(to the 4690k) for the future.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Well you could always just hook it up and let the motherboard overclock it for you
    Even with the stock cooler you should be able to get 4Ghz+ pretty painlessly and having the Z97 board will give you a upgrade option(to the 4690k) for the future.
    I'm not going to be overclocking anything. It's not a hobby of mine, and nothing I'm interested in doing regardless of how easy it may be, so that option is a no go for me. But thanks for the enthusiasm.

Do you have any feedback on the CPU I've chosen? i3 4360.

This is the motherboard I was looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Is this going to be compatible with the i3 4360? It keeps coming up as a compatible board, but the i3 says "Compatible with Z87 and Z97 motherboards. Z87 motherboard users may need to apply a BIOS update for compatibility. Not compatible with Intel Motherboards." So I'm not sure what this means.

Any help is welcome.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2014-08-25 at 09:14 AM.

I'm stubborn so i'm going to point out that it's quite literally a free 15% performance boost and it would only turn into a hobby if you started doing overclocking for world records :P

If your dead set on a i3, I believe the 4150 is the best option. In regards to the motherboard you could probably go with something a bit cheaper as well to help make the price a bit less harsh.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

I'm stubborn so i'm going to point out that it's quite literally a free 15% performance boost and it would only turn into a hobby if you started doing overclocking for world records :P

If your dead set on a i3, I believe the 4150 is the best option. In regards to the motherboard you could probably go with something a bit cheaper as well to help make the price a bit less harsh.
    Okay thanks a ton. Any reason to take the 4150 over the 4360? I've been digging through so much this weekend that my head is a little boggled at all the different ratings and why one thing is good for one thing and not another, etc..

Price vs performance mainly. A .2Ghz boost, a bit better IGP(that doesn't matter) and a bit more l3 cache ain't really worth the ~$45 price jump.

Price vs performance mainly. A .2Ghz boost, a bit better IGP(that doesn't matter) and a bit more l3 cache ain't really worth the ~$45 price jump.
    Ah gotcha. Thanks for the advice