Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just give "For the Horde!" and "For the Alliance!" skills to every player that start at 5 min CD at level 10 and go down to 90 seconds (I'd prefer 60 tbh) by max level, and leave the racials as the toher aspects, ensuring everyone gets the "PvP trinket" effect.

Then make PvP trinkets more interesting by getting rid of the mandatory CC break part and putting something more fun on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Choosing the race you want to play is hard.

It is probably intentional. They want more people to reroll to Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Since the introduction of this racial in WOTLK, humans have been the best possible PvP damage alliance race. In Europe this resulted in systematic transfer to alliance side and now the alliance is the dominant faction in pvp and humans represent 95% of the PvP damage races.

9/10 Warriors are human
    9/10 Hunters are human
    8/10 Rogues are human
    7/10 Monks are human
    and so on, just check the euro ladder.

I tested human warrior and hunter on the beta and I did more than 20% dmg with the second on trinket versus not having a second trinket.
    This madness has to stop. You are not forced to play human but you are gimping yourself badly.
    Devs are doing good job but this *oversight* (since WOTLK) is just pure incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    In Europe this resulted in systematic transfer to alliance side and now the alliance is the dominant faction in pvp and humans represent 95% of the PvP damage races.
    I agree with the rest of your post, but in the US the dominant realm is horde based. My point is that there is more to it that decides the dominant arena faction than the best racial (such as history of realms, etc ...).

You know. PVP trinkets themself - are the biggest crutch in PVP aspect of Wow. I really think, that next step after removing resilience - should be removal of PVP trinkets. There should be a "natural" way to brake CC.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-08-26 at 01:31 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    You know. PVP trinkets themself - are the biggest crutch in PVP aspect of Wow. I really think, that next step after removing resilience - should be removal of PVP trinkets. There should be a "natural" way to brake CC.
    If I had to choose between EMFH for everyone (which would be the "natural" way to break CC) and EMFH for noone, I'd choose the latter because it makes you prefer PVP trinkets to PVE trinkets for PVP.

On topic, they believe the effect from EMFH will be small, but we'll have to see, and, frankly, I am not optimistic, because they thought the same many times already and failed every time. It is absolutely possible to make EMFH a non-factor, but given that they want to still have it have some meaning... I really am not sure how this will play out, I guess they will just fail again.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-08-26 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I agree with the rest of your post, but in the US the dominant realm is horde based. My point is that there is more to it that decides the dominant arena faction than the best racial (such as history of realms, etc ...).
    NA is horde because we chased the best racial too. I'm sure you remember everyone was alliance through cataclysm; we only switched over because wotf was necessary against blood fear. EU went horde at the same time for the same reason; they just switched back after it was fixed. I'm not exactly sure why NA is still horde, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see both regions all alliance again in draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Then do so. People are totally overestimating the actual power of racials, especially those like EMFH that can be rolled by anyone through trinkets. In the end this racial boils down to a DPS "advantage" because what it really does is it clears one (half) trinket slot, thus that "advantage" has to be counted against other DPS racials you miss out on at the same time, and once you went through those calculations you'll probably see that it doesn't matter as much as people like to believe.

And that's what GC addresses a lot in his posting as well, players tend to conceive things as being more or less powerful than they really are based on their own, faulty, community-inspired beliefs rather than actual data, which is a big problem in game design since it stems from the misguided mindsets of actual players rather than real in-game issues. It's nothing a developer could address without adding further imbalance to, or removing some parts of the game. Based on that problem I fully understand why Blizzard remains hard and doesn't change the racial; none of you could provide actual empiric data that proves EMFH is too powerful, thus it is indeed alright as it is. You "agreed" it's too strong isn't valid data.
    The way you think of this problem (which is very common) does not account for the moments where this racial makes the difference, which is everyday use. Of course everyone else will have a trinket when entering a bg, arena, etc they are expecting to be CC'd. But almost no-one will remember to equip their PvP trinkets during questing, etc. And are those moments where you are in the open for an ambush, that's the reason why this racial is better than any other racial in the game Period!.

The same was for Druid Night Elves with their shadowmeld, which fortunatelly all ended with the pandarian toy which enables everyone else to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    If this is to increase number of Alliance raiding guilds then there should be more raid encounters where EMFT is actually useful. Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't looked at all of the raid encounters) but there aren't many/any(?) in which EMFT shines.
    Useful on Spoils. The 6-8 second incap is a raid wiper if it goes on the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If I had to choose between EMFH for everyone (which would be the "natural" way to break CC) and EMFH for noone, I'd choose the latter because it makes you prefer PVP trinkets to PVE trinkets for PVP.

On topic, they believe the effect from EMFH will be small, but we'll have to see, and, frankly, I am not optimistic, because they thought the same many times already and failed every time. It is absolutely possible to make EMFH a non-factor, but given that they want to still have it have some meaning... I really am not sure how this will play out, I guess they will just fail again.
    No. I'm not talking about EMFH right now. I'm talking about overall need in extra dedicated mandatory item/ability, used to eventually "unnaturally" brake CC. Don't you think, that it's one of those obsolete design features, like targeted using of abilities and combat mode for example? Most of you don't even realize, how many features in Wow are obsolete and outdated long time ago. I guess, it's just because you've never seen other designs and can't even imagine, that something could work some other way. You should clearly understand, that at those old days, when MMOs was something new and developers had much lesser experience and resource to develop MMOs - using all this crutches was reasonable, cuz in most cases it was the only way to solve some game design problems. But don't you think, that today, when developers have 10 years of game developing experience, modern technologies and tons of resources - there should not be place in game design for crutches and props?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Honestly, I don't care what they do to EMFH. Just leave the 10% rep gain alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    They want more pvp players to play alliance. The answer is obvious.
    At first I thought that may be why, but even that does not make sense. Human Race is already hugely popular, so they are not going to actively try to increase people rolling human. Secondly they would buff all Ally races in that case.

I personally roll the Race I want to play and do not let Racial's sway my decision. But you would expect blizzard to make sure racials are balanced in the first place....

Seriously it isn't even that powerful. I really, really don't understand why it is worth so much of the Horde's tears, "Oh we don't have the advantage in a very small aspect of the game over everyone else, boo hoo hoo". They even reworked the trinket to do the same thing AND added stats so you get basically the same thing AND get to keep your current racial which are above and beyond what the Alliance has in most aspects of the game. If the human's free out is wrecking you shit in PvP perhaps you should get better instead of whining. I play human but it isn't for the racial, I would love to have any Horde racial instead as most all are of greater use in more situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Seriously it isn't even that powerful. I really, really don't understand why it is worth so much of the Horde's tears, "Oh we don't have the advantage in a very small aspect of the game over everyone else, boo hoo hoo". They even reworked the trinket to do the same thing AND added stats so you get basically the same thing AND get to keep your current racial which are above and beyond what the Alliance has in most aspects of the game. If the human's free out is wrecking you shit in PvP perhaps you should get better instead of whining. I play human but it isn't for the racial, I would love to have any Horde racial instead as most all are of greater use in more situations.
    I'm pretty sure it's all of the Forsaken who laughed and laughed for 2 expansions now crying that they lost their toy. Maybe not, but it's kind of what it always has felt like. Who knows, though? In the end, Racials probably shouldn't be deciding factors in which race you are - but there's a portion of people that will choose something even if it gives them a .000000000001% advantage.

I don't get why everyone wants racials removed so badly. The game is already so damn homogenized and uninteresting; removing racials would be stupid since it further dumbs down the game.

On EMFH, I don't have beta nor have I followed it all that closely but it will all depend on trinket options. Plus the other racials look amazing, like dwarf and gnome, so I dont think humans will be as ridiculous as people seem to think (*cough US ladder is like 90% horde cough*)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I don't get why everyone wants racials removed so badly. The game is already so damn homogenized and uninteresting; removing racials would be stupid since it further dumbs down the game.

On EMFH, I don't have beta nor have I followed it all that closely but it will all depend on trinket options. Plus the other racials look amazing, like dwarf and gnome, so I dont think humans will be as ridiculous as people seem to think (*cough US ladder is like 90% horde cough*)
    I dont think anyone wants racials removed but id rather they just be novelty, like worgens ability to transform into a human, or minor stat changes like nelfs crit/haste buff that chanhges during the day/night.
    If you plan on ever doing high end pvp/pve it sucks that you basically have to pick the "best" race or you just gimp yourself.

And US ladder may be 90% horde now but with most of the horde racials getting nerfed, especially wotf and the orc racial nerfs which were hordes best racials and what horde play 90+% high end pvp i really dont see any reason to play horde, now that alliance racials have been buffed and horde nerfed theres really no comparison.
    For basically every class the best racials are on alliance side, compare the wod gnome rogues to ud rogues and its kind of a joke how better gnome is.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2014-08-26 at 05:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    Since the introduction of this racial in WOTLK, humans have been the best possible PvP damage alliance race. In Europe this resulted in systematic transfer to alliance side and now the alliance is the dominant faction in pvp and humans represent 95% of the PvP damage races.

9/10 Warriors are human
    9/10 Hunters are human
    8/10 Rogues are human
    7/10 Monks are human
    and so on, just check the euro ladder.

I tested human warrior and hunter on the beta and I did more than 20% dmg with the second on trinket versus not having a second trinket.
    This madness has to stop. You are not forced to play human but you are gimping yourself badly.
    Devs are doing good job but this *oversight* (since WOTLK) is just pure incompetence.
    Why would a monk want to be human? Undead would be much better, but I guess most eu are allaince so they are forced into ti.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but there are a lot bigger issues in PvP than this. A somewhat overpowered racial is the least of a PvPers worries. I'd rather they make PvP itself viable before they start worrying about all the people making/swapping to humans. As long as there are racials, there will be a "best" racial, and people will flock to it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im surprised people are surprised by this.