Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When blacklist goes, I go.

Blacklist is the only thing that makes bgs playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most other people here that in addition to Call to Arms being removed, the ability to Blacklist specific battleground's should also be removed.

As an Alliance player who completed my honor grind every season during IoC and AV Call to Arms, I'm definitely disappointed in this change. But then, PvP for my has always been secondary to PvE. Don't know how primary PvP players might think.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I would actually be cool with them removing the Black List feature, if they made an attempt to turn Alterac Valley into less of a zerge fest.
    I still have a blast in the place, if we manage to turn it into a turtle, I normally que a 3-5 man group into it on the Weekends if we go in, and successfully do so. QQ flows, but it is literally the only way I have to make the place enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

This is a huge hit to Alliance players, seeing how most Horde pvpers blacklist AV and IoC.

As a Horde player, I love this change xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jwlol View Post
    This is a huge hit to Alliance players, seeing how most Horde pvpers blacklist AV and IoC.

As a Horde player, I love this change xD
    I play both factions and I welcome a change to the blacklist feature, and removal of Call to Arms. They just need to add Wintergrasp and Tol Barad as 40-man battlegrounds and we'd have more variety within that battleground size and most of my issues with the PvP system would be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    They just need to add Wintergrasp and Tol Barad as 40-man battlegrounds
    I would love this.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

god forbid people want to play a pvp battleground rather than the pve battleground that is AV/IOC.

Also Holinka said that blacklist doesn't affect queue times and less than 20% of the playerbase even uses it.

@theo they eventually plan on making WG and TB battlegrounds but ofc the Ashran/expac stuff comes first.

I used CTA alot when it involved my favorite BG's, avoided it during other times.

What I would like is a system that allows you to que random and blacklist as many battlegrounds as you like, but if you blacklist more than a certain number (say 2 or 3) you become ineligible for bonus rewards.
    That way I for one could just que random without risking getting into IoC or any post-Wrath bg's. Gives to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandal View Post
    god forbid people want to play a pvp battleground rather than the pve battleground that is AV/IOC.
    Then you must be doing it wrong? I find more than enough PvP in those two battlegrounds...

10+ Year Old Account

Also Holinka said that blacklist doesn't affect queue times and less than 20% of the playerbase even uses it.

@theo they eventually plan on making WG and TB battlegrounds but ofc the Ashran/expac stuff comes first.
    I wonder how many of those who don't use it, are bots. I think that is a honest and legit question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    Then you must be doing it wrong? I find more than enough PvP in those two battlegrounds...
    AV I find PvP if we can force a turtle. IoC, I find PvP if we get wiped before they cap our Graveyard.
    The vast majority of those in the bg avoid PvP like the plague.
    Like I said previously, make winning by resources more likely then downing the end boss in AV would go a long way to probably making more Horde desire to que for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    Actually I'd assume you're doing it wrong if you're finding a lot of pvp combat. The most effective way to win is capping towers and backcapping. Backcapping sees the most pvp (outside of wasting time on the roads) but is usually just a numbers game unless the enemy defenders stink. When I cap and defend towers (as you're meant to) almost no alliance come to back cap the towers. This usually involves spamming aoe on the flag. Once 2-4 towers burn we call for an all in and try to kill the boss asap.

In AV most players just mount all the way to the end boss or middle boss and afk completely ignoring the key to winning, towers, which is why there's little pvp combat around them. If the bg functioned properly there would be a struggle for tower control or the chokepoints outside icewing bunker and frostwolf tower.

Actually I'd assume you're doing it wrong if you're finding a lot of pvp combat. The most effective way to win is capping towers and backcapping. Backcapping sees the most pvp (outside of wasting time on the roads) but is usually just a numbers game unless the enemy defenders stink.
    Right, not saying there aren't problems: being able to kill the general with any number of towers still up completely destroys Alterac Valley. As a player with well over 500 towers defended, I'm someone that rarely goes on offence and plays defensively. I'm *that* person that is always yelling for defence at Balinda and Galvangar and will do everything in my power to ensure the game takes longer than the 10 minutes it takes to get to the end and kill the boss.

That's probably doing it wrong but I hate AV in its zerg state and have the most fun in that battleground when there is actual PvP in there.

Isle of Conquest was actually very enjoyable at release when Alliance went Hanger, Horde went Docks and it was a struggle for the middle. Games weren't over in 8 minutes, people were fighting in the keeps defending their commander and it wasn't so bloody boring. I can 99% of the time predict what will happen in a Isle of Conquest game which is something that should never, ever happen in a PvP environment.

That's not the fault of the map, that's a player problem. Horde went from winning AV equally and winning IoC the majority of the time to losing both despite there being no changes to the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be sad to see it go from a nostalgic point of view. I still remember my first battleground, it was Warsong Gulch CTA!
    Me? Sarcastic? Never.

Fine with Cta going, I never use it anyway.

But if you want Blacklisting to go then you're going to have to re-balance some battleground maps too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most other people here that in addition to Call to Arms being removed, the ability to Blacklist specific battleground's should also be removed.
    But horde might be forced to think an iota about battleground strategy when they can no longer ignore AV and IoC, then...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I play both factions and I welcome a change to the blacklist feature, and removal of Call to Arms. They just need to add Wintergrasp and Tol Barad as 40-man battlegrounds and we'd have more variety within that battleground size and most of my issues with the PvP system would be fixed.
    I would love to play Wintergrasp properly again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    RiP call to arms, endless hours of fun spamming wsg, sigh. Yet another old feature i wish they hadn't got rid of. Need new bgs pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    "Let the players choose what type of PvP they prefer!"

Are you saying that AV and IoC involve PvP? Pardon me for a moment while I laugh at you.
    So you follow the group all the way to the end and then stand there complaining.

Perhaps you should actually try doing something to help your team win. Organize a small group and capture Stonehearth bunker. Defend it against the Alliance backcap team. Backcap Iceblood tower, or Tower Point. You know, the exact same thing you would do in AB, BfG, DWG, etc. You don't HAVE to run to the end and stand around waiting to attack Vann. There is plenty of PVP in these BGs, and it is your own fault if you are a sheep and just follow the other honor-farming PVE heroes who queue into the 40mans.

Here is what they have to do:

MAKE BGS FACTION-NEUTRAL (ie, A vs A and H vs H are possible - heck, maybe even teams can consist of a mix of A and H)

I don't know how many times this should be said - faction-specific BGs are nothing but a relic that hurts BGs and does nothing else. Rated BGs and arenas are faction-neutral, because THAT WORKS.

And if BGs are faction-neutral, both blacklist and CTA can be left alone. (See? That's just one issue that faction-neutral BGs turn into a non-issue. There are many others.)