Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Only Blizzard could screw up something this bad.

People were hitting level 70 and killing t6 Malthael ~2 hours after the start. This is just epic fail on Blizzard's part. I was under the assumption that they would be similar to how a new season starts in PoE. You log in and its just like you bought the game and are logging in for the very first time. No blacksmith, no Jeweler, no Mystic, no Torment, no stash tabs, no Adventure mode. But sure enough they managed to screw up something that would have been nice. Instead of playing through the game like you do with each new PoE season every single person was doing Miner's Gold runs. Whats the point of a race if no one is actually playing the game. I was leveling normally but finally just said screw it. I mean why give everyone else a 2 day head start while I tried to play the game the way its supposed to be played. The sad thing is wasnt Season play on the PTR? I read in one post on the official forums that people even tried to tell Blizzard this was going to happen and they ignored the feedback. Honestly they should just do a full wipe and then start everyone over again and have them play through the game.

Salt.

Please stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Honestly they should just do a full wipe and then start everyone over again and have them play through the game.
    A la Diablo 2 ladder resets.

I am not sure Blizzard screwed up anything really. People just figured out efficient means of progression in a game solely about progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not sure Blizzard screwed up anything really. People just figured out efficient means of progression in a game solely about progression.
    Theres efficient means of progression, then there is avoiding to actually play the game to get the most efficent xp/min.

I highly doubt something like this was intended. But atm I don't think whining about it would do much good, and a wipe/reset would cost even more whining.

Consider this season 1 as a test for simple concept. A quick fix for this issue would be to require the enemies to die in the quests being exploited.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit perturbed by this to be honest. Not that I was racing to get on the leaderboards or anything but c'mon. What is the point if people just "beat it" after 2 hours? No reason to even have seasons if it takes 2 hours to complete.

Either way, I'm having fun again, rediscovering stuff. Having to play without twinking and stuff.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by Gisen View Post
    Theres efficient means of progression, then there is avoiding to actually play the game to get the most efficent xp/min.
    Is not one playing the game by seeking efficient returns in xp/min actions?

That is in fact one of the progression goals.

Deleted

Well, you're ignoring the fact that the ladder RESET wasn't actually a complete reset. Some people had very much an advantage over other people. A reset of a ladder should be fair (in my opinion)...which means no paragon levels, no extra stash tabs, no extra difficulty unlocks etc.

That statement is true.Though Diablo was not a game meant where such an efficient action involves talking to NPCs and killing nothing. Or so I believed, could be wrong.

Deleted
    Was led to believe from the title that Blizzard had decided to close all online servers for all their games while blocking access to cancel various subscriptions and had issued a statement reading "nah nah nah boo boo, stick your heads in doo doo".

I was very dissapointed to find something which did not at all warrant the title.

Torment difficulty does not unlock until you are level 60
    Adventure Mode does not unlock until you clear Act 5

Why were they available from level 1? They should have been turned off like you were playing the game for a very first time. I mean I coudlnt open up the Map room in PoE during this new Season even though I had opened it up during the previous seasons. I had to clear Merciless Gemling Queen again. Should have been the same thing for Diablo's season. Nothing is unlocked until you unlock it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I was very dissapointed to find something which did not at all warrant the title.
    People have been looking forward to Seasons since the game came out. This debacle has pissed a lot of people off. I wonder if this is why they did a weekend launch so no one would have to be at work and give an explanation for what happened.

Also this isnt a general blanket Blizzard bash. Im just keeping it to the way this Season was handled. I have been very pleased with RoS thus far and had every class at 70 with T4+ gear. I was really enjoying the game for the first time and I have played since the first second D3 came out. I just wanted the Season ladder to actually mean something and because of EXP quest loopholes and ignorance on Blizzard's part a lot of that has been ruined for a lot of people.

In fact I will go so far as to say that this cost them money. If people were going to RoS because D3 finally had a ladder im sure they probably decided to keep their money after the way the first season launched.
    Last edited by tiffy33; 2014-08-31 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    the season is completely pointless anyway

15 new items wow and they're garbage or average too.

I can climb the ladder on normal mode too, why bother playing with crap items?

I farmed the events with 3 buddies and we 'immortalized' ourselves on the leaderboard but what now? it seems so pointless
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-08-31 at 01:24 AM.

Yea starting season is fucking boring to high heavens. "Race to max level" like really? And they don't even clear adventure mode? This wasn't even thought out.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I agree too. I was all hyped for ladders but never kept up about what exactly was changing since I wanted to be surprised. Back now and I'm pretty much disappointed, but I guess I should have expected this from D3 instead of getting my hopes up.

wow. people already in 5 pc class sets with trifecta everything ~24 hours since Season started. I mean why keep playing if you already have bis gear a day later? Or is the game no longer about the grind and trying to find upgrades?

Making torment unlock at level 70 would have helped I guess, master gives like 200% bonus xp, torment 6 gives 1600. :/

But it was to be expected really, just like in WoW, you need to have played the beta to find out the quickest way to level to really stand a decent chance at server first. Except that in diablo it's a race against an entire region rather than just a server. It was pretty silly to see the level 30 rift reached less then 24 hours after the launch and kinda ending the race already.

Torment difficulty does not unlock until you are level 60
    Adventure Mode does not unlock until you clear Act 5
    I'm guessing they unlocked adventure mode since alot of people are did the campaign so often already. Completly agree with the torment thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Well, you're ignoring the fact that the ladder RESET wasn't actually a complete reset. Some people had very much an advantage over other people. A reset of a ladder should be fair (in my opinion)...which means no paragon levels, no extra stash tabs, no extra difficulty unlocks etc.
    I did not gain any Para levels, starting gold or other bonuses on the ladder reset.

The difficulty setting unlock was universal. No advantage.

Did some players retain their non-season bonuses? If so, then that is a screw-up.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That statement is true.Though Diablo was not a game meant where such an efficient action involves talking to NPCs and killing nothing. Or so I believed, could be wrong.
    The gameplay only incites that the goal of the game is a linear progression of character stats. There is no gameplay demonstration in D3 by which the express killing of monsters is the only means of progression, though it is the dominant means of such.

That is to say unless Blizzard only rewarded progression through monster killing any means of obtaining progression through the gameplay of D3 is valid.

Torment difficulty does not unlock until you are level 60. Adventure Mode does not unlock until you clear Act 5 Why were they available from level 1?
    Blizzard gave their reasoning for unlocking all of that in the podcast two weeks ago.

http://youtu.be/KscEHWUf04c?list=UUx...g6awRnZS-aqg0g

These modes were unlocked for all season players. No advantage. One actually had to take a risk or demonstrate efficacy to use either mode optimally.

They should have been turned off like you were playing the game for a very first time. I mean I coudlnt open up the Map room in PoE during this new Season even though I had opened it up during the previous seasons. I had to clear Merciless Gemling Queen again. Should have been the same thing for Diablo's season. Nothing is unlocked until you unlock it again.
    Not sure POE's design is comparable to D3. They are games in the same genre but aimed at a differing design goals. Almost totally contra to each other.

The process of leveling and building a character in Path of Exile is central to the gameplay goals; to level in Path of Exile is expressly not a design of introduction. D3 treats the leveling process as introduction; it is an inevitability all players will reach level 70. D3's gameplay goals are situated in the linear progression of character through post-level cap gains.

POE's seasons, or leagues, are gameplay changing and/or additive. Diablo 3's season are not.

They are really not the same design goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Making torment unlock at level 70 would have helped I guess, master gives like 200% bonus xp, torment 6 gives 1600. :/
    Those modes were open to everyone so I do not see any inequality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    15 new items wow and they're garbage or average too.
    You have clearly not yet seen the "CM wizard" Crusader.

Who the hell cares about 1-70, at this point in the game it means nothing.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle