Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Jesus Christ just look at that top 10...

Dark Souls PC port was bad

Mass Effect 3 was the worst game in its series

TF2 has been bad for years

Skyrim isn't even the best game in its own series so how is it 2 overall?

Mass Effect 2 as number 1 is risky as shit but I can't say that it wasn't a great game because it was. One nice thing I will say is that Freespace 2 was on the list at 96 something that most people would forget entirely but that game is better than 90 of the games on top of it.

- - - Updated - - -

14 COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE
    13 BIOSHOCK INFINITE
    12 DAYZ

I'm so fucking done

- - - Updated - - -

Dishonored and Diablo 3 are above WoW, please tell me this is a joke. There are no Warcraft RTS games on the list.

League of Legends and FEAR are higher than Oblivion...

Deleted

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/30/th...er-top-100/11/

Now here's a damned good list; not littered by dozens of novelty, thoughtless, mainstream console games that are completely overrated by the dumb youth of this so-called "modern" age; but one written by a close group of old timers who remember a true golden age. It's a list remembering real masterpieces from a time long lost, to timeless indies that no one's ever heard about, and even a few remarkably high quality gems of today.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Yes yes, everyone would've placed the games listed at different rankings. But you got to admit; it's better than all the other crummy lists out there! It's got all your favorite PC games...

Mod Edit: List for those that are lazy.

Code:
    100 THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND
    99 COMPANY OF HEROES 2
    98 SPLINTER CELL: CHAOS THEORY
    97 KINGPIN: LIFE OF CRIME
    96 FREESPACE 2
    95 STARBOUND
    94 THE SIMS
    93 PLANETSIDE 2
    92 ASSASSIN’S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG
    91 OPERATION FLASHPOINT: COLD WAR CRISIS
    90 KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM
    89 CALL OF CTHULHU: DARK CORNERS OF THE EARTH 
    88 QUAKE III
    87 ASSASSIN’S CREED II
    86 VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE—BLOODLINES
    85 BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2
    84 BROKEN SWORD
    83 X-COM / UFO: ENEMY UNKNOWN
    82 ULTIMA VII
    81 TOTAL WAR: ROME II
    80 SUPREME COMMANDER: FORGED ALLIANCE
    79 NO ONE LIVES FOREVER 2
    78 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
    77 DON’T STARVE
    76 COMMAND & CONQUER
    75 BASTION
    74 WARHAMMER 40K: DAWN OF WAR
    73 DOOM 3
    72 THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION
    71 FAR CRY 3
    70 STALKER
    69 FEAR
    68 BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY
    67 EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR
    66 LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
    65 EVE ONLINE
    64 BRAID
    63 FIFA 13
    62 THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND
    61 COMMAND & CONQUER: RED ALERT 2
    60 UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004
    59 FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS
    58 FINAL FANTASY VII
    57 SAINTS ROW 4
    56 RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN
    55 MONKEY ISLAND 2
    54 CAVE STORY+
    53 HOTLINE MIAMI
    52 LEFT 4 DEAD 2
    51 COMPANY OF HEROES
    50 BATTLEFIELD 4
    49 OUTCAST
    48 ARMA 2
    47 FRONTIER: ELITE II
    46 DUKE NUKEM 3D
    45 DAY OF THE TENTACLE
    44 HEARTHSTONE
    43 SPELUNKY
    42 THE WITCHER 2
    41 ARMA 3
    40 MAX PAYNE 2: THE FALL OF MAX PAYNE
    39 GUILD WARS 2
    38 FALLOUT
    37 CRUSADER KINGS 2
    36 BATTLEFIELD 3
    35 PLANESCAPE: TORMENT
    34 WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    33 MIRROR’S EDGE
    32 DISHONORED
    31 THIEF II: THE METAL AGE
    30 RISING STORM
    29 PAPERS, PLEASE
    28 FALLOUT 3
    27 DOOM
    26 DIABLO III
    25 CIVILIZATION V
    24 BALDUR’S GATE II: SHADOWS OF AMN
    23 ALPHA CENTAURI
    22 SYSTEM SHOCK 2
    21 GRIM FANDANGO
    20 THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 1
    19 PORTAL 2
    18 MINECRAFT
    17 DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
    16 DOTA 2
    15 DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS
    14 COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE
    13 BIOSHOCK INFINITE
    12 DAYZ
    11 FTL: FASTER THAN LIGHT
    10 DARK SOULS
    9 PORTAL
    8 MASS EFFECT 3
    7 TEAM FORTRESS 2
    6 XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN
    5 BIOSHOCK
    4 DEUS EX
    3 HALF-LIFE 2
    2 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
    1 MASS EFFECT 2
    Lol where do I begin?
    No Freelancer.
    No Knights of the Old Republic (I OR II!)
    No Sam & Max: Hit the Road
    No Jedi Knight game
    Mass Effect 3 in the list (lol!)
    Mass Effect 2 before Dragon Age:Origins!

I could go on, but... there's really no need.
    Last edited by mmoc12ebfdbb38; 2014-08-31 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    #5 should be 1
    People actually think any of those games are good...

I'd also ask where is HOMM III. I don't say it should be in top 1-20 but in 100? Come on...

Deleted
    I love these lists, gets people so riled up as if the list somehow is offending them or telling them that their opinion is mute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/30/th...er-top-100/11/

Now here's a damned good list; not littered by dozens of novelty, thoughtless, mainstream console games that are completely overrated by the dumb youth of this so-called "modern" age; but one written by a close group of old timers who remember a true golden age. It's a list remembering real masterpieces from a time long lost, to timeless indies that no one's ever heard about, and even a few remarkably high quality gems of today.

i hope that post was sarcastic because this list contains so many bad games it makes me sick to my stomach.
    mass effect 3 #8? cant stop laughing.....
    also most of these games are indeed modern games that have come out in the last 5 years.
    the fact rome 2 is even on there is evidence of how bad it is. that game is complete garbage and is a complete mockery of the original rome. there are only a handful of games that were made before 2005 on that list.
    the fact that neverwinter nights isnt on that list is laughable.
    skyrim #2 oh please. that game had the worst ui ever made by mankind.
    what is dayz doing in this list?
    i want to know how much money pc gamers got paid to make this list.
    edit:nvm was thinking of duke nukem forever.
    OMG wtf is empire total war doing anywhere near 100? that game deserves to be in the 100 worst games of all time list.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-08-31 at 11:06 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    its not an awful list (like most of them turn out to be), but ME2 number 1, ME3 on the list at all? Starbound? you are kidding me right?

Wow, I only just saw D3 on that list......lol
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-08-31 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    BG2 was definitely better than BG1, especially with the Throne of Bhaal expansion for the same reason IWD2 > IWD, the updated Infinity Engine just allowed devs to do more, and also enabled modders to do more; I can't imagine a better conclusion to the series than Throne of Bhaal with the Ascension mod.

Of course, now you can play BG1 and BG2 together with BGTrio or BGTutu, so you could kind of consider them to be a single game now! \o/

I wonder if that project to port BG1/BG2 to the IWD2 engine (complete with 3E/3.5E rules) ever made any headway. Baldur's Gate II in 3.5E sounds delicious.
    i would pick that up in a heartbeat if they did that. i love 3.5 edition. as long as they dont restrict the levels to level 10 like temple of elemental evil did WHICH DEFEATS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF PRESTIGE CLASSES WHICH ARE A BIG PART OF 3.5
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another one of these? I find it rather funny you criticize a list of opinions (and basically insult those opinions), then post one yourself that you consider "better" because it's more in line with your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I love these lists, gets people so riled up as if the list somehow is offending them or telling them that their opinion is mute
    I dislike these lists because it delusions people into thinking that the list is correct even though it is so far from it. I couldn't make a list if you asked me to but it doesn't mean this one isn't shit because it is. There are way too many games from the past 4 years on there and the order they are put in looks like it was thrown into a lottery machine.

My only concern is that lists like these keep people close minded about games and strokes their dicks about the games they want to see. I guess if we've learned anything in the past few weeks about gaming journalism is that its parasitic and wrong. Sites like pcgamer and IGN are becoming the people's magazine of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top 10 should really just be basically the most important games in PC gaming, games that defined genres, set huge trends, etc. I don't really care about the order, but nominations I can think of would be:

- Brood War; set the bar for what an RTS is and should be
    - Deus Ex; defined what it means to be an RPG/FPS hybrid
    - Doom; defined what a shooter is
    - Counter-Strike; invented the tactical shooter subgenre
    - Baldur's Gate; together with Diablo, basically saved RPGs on the PC
    - Diablo; together with Baldur's Gate, basically saved RPGs on the PC
    - World of Warcraft; does this really bear elaboration?
    - League of Legends; started the ARTS/MOBA craze and proved that F2P is financially viable and successful
    - Minecraft; does this really need elaboration?
    - Unreal Tournament / Quake 3 Arena (pick your poison); defined the arena shooter genre together, both are equally important and could basically be a single entry
    - Mass Effect 2; could almost be considered a third-person shooter/RPG (like Deus Ex is FPS/RPG), many gameplay elements and systems have been copied from it
    - Neverwinter Nights; the modding tools for this game alone make it onto this list, the ability for players to create persistent world games out of the engine is just amazing

That's just off the top of my head. Every single one of those games has had enormous, lasting impact on the games industry and should be in the top positions of any "best PC games ever made" list, and there are plenty missing (Crusader Kings series, Age of Empires series, and... yes... the Call of Duty series for starters) that have slightly less wide-ranging impacts and appeals.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Another one of these? I find it rather funny you criticize a list of opinions (and basically insult those opinions), then post one yourself that you consider "better" because it's more in line with your opinion.
    Maybe everyone should just keep their opinions to themselves instead of posting a huge matter-of-fact article that thousands of people are going to read and become influenced by.

Gaming journalism is complete shit.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2014-08-31 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top 10 should really just be basically the most important games in PC gaming, games that defined genres, set huge trends, etc. I don't really care about the order, but nominations I can think of would be:

- League of Legends; started the ARTS/MOBA craze and proved that F2P is financially viable and successful
    - Unreal Tournament / Quake 3 Arena (pick your poison); defined the arena shooter genre together, both are equally important and could basically be a single entry
    - Mass Effect 2; could almost be considered a third-person shooter/RPG (like Deus Ex is FPS/RPG), many gameplay elements and systems have been copied from it
    - Neverwinter Nights; the modding tools for this game alone make it onto this list, the ability for players to create persistent world games out of the engine is just amazing

That's just off the top of my head. Every single one of those games has had enormous, lasting impact on the games industry and should be in the top positions of any "best PC games ever made" list, and there are plenty missing (Crusader Kings series, Age of Empires series, and... yes... the Call of Duty series for starters) that have slightly less wide-ranging impacts and appeals.
    why do you say baldur's gate/diablo saved rpgs?

B-but where are my favorite games from 8th grade like Skyrim and TF2? Those crappy old games don't even have memes!!! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    B-but where are my favorite games from 8th grade like Skyrim and TF2? Those crappy old games don't even have memes!!! xD
    and where is rome 2? those games dont have tons of dlc and preorders exclusives they suck!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't be more unimpressed, not a decent top 100. However its a subjective matter so I wont denounce the author for their choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls is fine, because the PC version is unquestionably better once you fix the UI and run dsfix, dscfix, etc. Final Fantasy VII makes absolutely no motherfucking sense; the original PC port was a fucking disaster, and I have no idea if the updated Steam version is any better (after discovering the RE4 re-re-re-release is still a fucking terrible port, I'm gun-shy around any Japanese games being ported to PC.)
    I don't think how good a game is when its loaded with community fixes and mods should be accounted for when games are being ranked, imo its how good a version that has not been modded or hacked in order to fix issues by the community that should mather.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe everyone should just keep their opinions to themselves instead of posting a huge matter-of-fact article that thousands of people are going to read and become influenced by.
    Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but no, I don't think everybody should just keep their opinions to themselves.

Lists like this are fine too, but everybody should clearly see it for what it is, one giant opinion. And then respect that, rather than insulting it, or turning it into some competition by saying the games you like are clearly objectively better.

Oh shit I didn't even see it

18 MINECRAFT

upvote me on r/funnycreepermemes

Deleted
    I dislike these lists because it delusions people into thinking that the list is correct even though it is so far from it. I couldn't make a list if you asked me to but it doesn't mean this one isn't shit because it is. There are way too many games from the past 4 years on there and the order they are put in looks like it was thrown into a lottery machine.

My only concern is that lists like these keep people close minded about games and strokes their dicks about the games they want to see. I guess if we've learned anything in the past few weeks about gaming journalism is that its parasitic and wrong. Sites like pcgamer and IGN are becoming the people's magazine of games.
    Do you have any proof it delusions people? Or that there is any causality from these lists and close mindedness?
    Honestly, if it wasn't this list it'd be the next one. There is popular opinion in every single medium in the world, gaming sure as hell isn't going to "dodge" that bullet.