Deleted

Levellings current state in beta

Can I ask what Levellings state is currently in beta, specifically normal geared characters my main is a 573 ilvl ww monk. I know it was about 11 hours pre nerf in a premarital character. Thanks if you could give your own beta experiences

- - - Updated - - -

If I could get as much info about your char, method of levelling, what slowed you down etc id be ever so thankful

I'm a slow leveler and I think it took me around 15h because I played with the garrison a lot.

But I was completely alone on the beta leveling realm 02 most of the time, and in full rested xp most of the time.

From people who got realm first many times in my guild, it went between 9 to 12h.

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm a slow leveler and I think it took me around 15h because I played with the garrison a lot.

But I was completely alone on the beta leveling realm 02 most of the time, and in full rested xp most of the time.

From people who got realm first many times in my guild, it went between 9 to 12h.
    Thanks for your response, was this before or after the levelling changes roughly about a month and a bit ago?

It was after the last character wipe 3 weeks ago, so after the changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It was after the last character wipe 3 weeks ago, so after the changes.
    Thanks, one last question what was your item level? Do you feel having an additional player would increase speed? Also was this solely questing? Had you done draenor quests before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Race:Blood Elf
    Class
    : Priest
    Spec: Shadow / Disc
    iLvl: 507
    Faction: Horde
    Type of Leveling: Casual Questing (w/o Dungeoning)

I started playing the beta back in late June. I have leveled a total of three times to level 100 (with 99-100 being from dungeons, Nagrand was buggy for me) between characters wipes and am currently on my 4th go around. Each time I took my time to learn the quest flow of the zones as to be a help to myself when the expansion goes live in November. Unfortunately, I cannot provide much feedback on Nagrand as I haven't fully experienced it. Hopefully someone else will chime in on it!

So here's the breakdown...

Tanaan Jungle - Level 90 - 91
    Your first stop, it is a instanced version of the unopened zone. Once you find yourself in Draenor you'll be greeted by Khadgar, and your factions respective hero (Thrall for the Horde, Vindicator Maraad for the Alliance). From here you will begin a long quest chain introducing you to the world of Draenor as well as providing back story to those who are unaware of the lore we are diving into. The quest chain takes roughly 45-60 minutes to complete to which after your character should be within 2 XP bars, if not level 91 itself. Nearly all of the bottlenecks in this zone have been fixed as of the latest build.

Frostfire Ridge / Shadowmoon Valley - Level 90-92
    Your second stop, Frostfire for Horde, Shadowmoon for Alliance. In this case I will be referencing Frostfire Ridge. Upon arrival your first order of business will be to establish your garrison which opens up the rest of the zone to your leisure. Questing in Frostfire took me on average 4-6 hours taking my character level 91 to just shy, if not level 93. There are a few bottlenecks in this zone, mostly due to bugs or erratic spawning but the majority of them have been squashed. As with all of the primary leveling zones in Draenor the zone is broken into chapters with optional side quest along the way.

Gorgrond - Level 92-94
    Our third stop on our journey, your enter this zone likely by following the available breadcrumb quest from the previous mentioned zones. Upon arriving here your once again be offered another garrison upgrade shortly after arriving and completing a few quest to open up the rest of the zone. Gorgrond from my experience is the shortest zone in the expansion. It took me on average of 3-5 hours to complete the main chapters and most of the optional quest I could find. Every bottleneck I had ran into in previous leveling attempts have been resolved as of the current build. You should be close to, or level 95 after completing everything offered here.

Talador - Level 94-96
    Our fourth stop in Draenor, and to quote Chris Metzen "Its a doozy." As with every zone in Draenor your first order of business is expand your satellite garrisons when you first arrive opening the rest of the zone. Talador is likely the third, if not second largest leveling zone. It took me on average between 5-7 hours to complete the chapters and a handful of optional quest in this zone. To my recollection there isn't a single bottleneck in this zone, kudos Blizzard. Upon completion of the zone you should be at the fringe end of level 96, if not level 97 itself.

Spires of Arak - Level 96-98
    Our fifth stop on what is becoming a excellent adventure. By far the largest questing zone in the entire expansion. When you arrive here you will once again upgrade a satellite to your garrison. However, in this zone the choice determines the speed to which you will level. If you opt to build a Inn in your factions outpost you will recieve a passive 20% XP bonus in the entire zone. I myself took this choice... even so questing here has taken the longest amount of time at a average of 7-9 hours with the buff. I imagine without the buff it will likely tack on a additional hour, your mileage may vary. As for bottlenecks the only one that comes to mind is in a few areas where mobs hit incredibly hard and can easily dispatch a cloth wearing in 3-5 hits. I assume this will be fixed before launch, though it may be intended. Once your done here you should be level 98 and ready to head to Nagrand.

Nagrand - Level 98-100
    TBA - I'll leave feedback here in a few days after I have a clear view of the zone.
    Last edited by Valexie; 2014-09-02 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuPanda View Post
    Thanks, one last question what was your item level? Do you feel having an additional player would increase speed? Also was this solely questing? Had you done draenor quests before?
    588. I started replacing gear in Nagrand. Not sure about more people, depends on your play style I guess..

I leveled to 95 before the wipe, but I barely made out of Frostfire, so most of those zones I was doing for the first time.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, if anymore else has their own information would be useful especially time levelling vs ail. Also your own experiences in each questing zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys some people online have said as much as 36 hours, is this just crazy talk?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuPanda View Post
    Hey guys some people online have said as much as 36 hours, is this just crazy talk?
    Possible. Depends on how much you're willing to meander.

If you're following normal questing routines then definately not 36 hours.

Deleted
    36 hours, they had naps for 20h then.

First time it took me 12 hours with ilvl 500 character to start with (damn EU copies so late)

Second time done in 8-9ish with my main (587) just blasted through the shit and havent tried again after wipe.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW, that sounds bad.

I am expecting a fastest leveling of around 17-20 hours, or else there is no level up race, so no fun :/

Deleted
    That seems better, I'm planning on levelling as my 573 monk with my brother a 570 mage

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I am expecting a fastest leveling of around 17-20 hours, or else there is no level up race, so no fun :/
    Not sure what you mean. There is no race when leveling is faster? There's no race at all, seeing realm firsts are gone so no one knows who's first anyway.

I'm feeling some classes will have major problems if you come straight from pandaria questing(so all characters not 90 at launch).
    They go in with 430-435 ilvl and will be wrecked. Even as a premade rogue 500ilvl stuff hit really hard.
    There were some normal quest mobs at my level hitting me for 10% of my max health.
    Wasn't a huge problem as I could kill mobs before they killed me.

A freshly leveled character doing no level 90 content before going to draenor will probably go down in 7-8 hits, and with their gear they won't be able to just burst mobs down,unless they pop everything, which will give them a nice 2 minute wait before they can kill the next mob.

TLDR: Leveling in WoD seems to be scaled for higher entry itemlevel than it should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Not sure what you mean. There is no race when leveling is faster? There's no race at all, seeing realm firsts are gone so no one knows who's first anyway.
    Achievements are gone, but I'm quite sure there will be announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The starting area gives a full set of 500 ilvl+ blues I think 507? So players will at least have that.

Deleted
    The perception of beta testers is pretty off I guess. My first run in the first week of beta was basically just running into bug after bug and reporting them like mad. I took around 12 hours dicking around in SMV trying to deal with bugs and creating suggestions for spawns and such. Then I made a new char and did the same.

Now every new run I do I already know the zone and have a good grasp of the flow and optimal routes. Any leveling time I log now in that zone will be heavily tainted by that foreknowledge and experience.
    If I say I do SMV in about 3 hours and end up close to, if not full, lvl 93, it says nothing about the speed a new person in the zone will take or at what level they end up with.

15+ Year Old Account
    We should also keep in mind that right now, all the rares and treasures are up all the time, and they give a decent chunk of XP. As well as herb and ore nodes seem to be on the same individual tap system (or maybe I am just seeing a TON of nodes for some other reason). Add an extra few hours to account for the fact that you won't have these all the time in Live.

Sig by Isilrien