Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Let's talk Orcs ! The good , the bad, and the very ugly

So what do you like about Orcs or dislike and even hate? Anything from racial features, portrayl in games, lore, new direction of lore, history - going from green skin to brown skin, demon blood, no demon blood, genocide, world focus, leading the horde, defining the horde, graphics, racial abilities, model features, new model looks, warlords? Gul'dan etc -- responsible for all the evil? Best class for hunters? Love the hunch? hate the hunch?

you name it, you claim it, show and say what you want, it's all about Orcs.!

For me, I think warcraft has the fantasy genre's best depiction of Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

and I for one, think the hunch should stay !

orcs are disgusting. it's no wonder orgrimmar is the place in the entire videogame industry that has the largest population of dung beetles, ever.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I don't like the shamanistic heritage they tried to push. It seems like something that was kind of brought up out of nowhere to make people feel bad, but contradicts a million other things (including this expansion).

Some of my best friends are Orc's. So I love them <3

I relate to the Alliance more then the Horde so my post is from the point of veiw of an Alliance player.

I am tired of haveing to kill orcs. There was a time where killing an orc was its own reward, but after so long, and so many orcs dead, it seems like I have not even made a dent. Now Azeroth is getting invaded by another orc filled army. Seems like no matter how many orcs I kill, there will always be more. Is that an orcish superpower? Do orcs breed like bunnies? At this point I would rather stop fighting the orcs and just have them join us.

Sure the orcs are a constant cause of strife between the surface dwelling races of Azeroth. Sure the orcs are the most effective tools the Burning Legion has ever unleashed on Azeroth. Sure the orcs are like parasitic invaders from another world. Sure the Tauren and Blood Elfs would probably join the Alliance if the orcs dissapeared. Sure the orcs have done a few things to help Azeroth, but does a few good deads make up for all the misery they have and continue to create?

The only way I can see the orcs becomeing something other then a source of misery for the Horde and Alliance is if they get their violent tendencies under control. Or maybe the orcs could channel their violent tendencies at a common enemy. Like they did aginst the Scourge and Deathwing. I would not mind fighting beside orcs. Orcs are an enemy that deserve respect for their fighting prowess. Haveing them on our side would be a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by zettazlow View Post
    Some of my best friends are Orc's. So I love them <3
    I have an Orc friend too

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the Warcraft III Shamanistic "Orcs used to be noble savages before the demonic enslavement" change. One of the few retcons I've ever liked.

What I don't like now is this whole SoO/WoD "Oh, they're all a bunch of assholes without the demon blood anyway" schtick.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orgrimmar is what I don't like about the orcs.
    Seriously, why did they have to make it so damn ugly and hard to navigate?! Everywhere there's spikes, pointy things, huts made of stone and held together with I don't want to know what...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The good Orcs: dead ones, slightly charred
    The bad Orcs: ones not cleansed by the flame
    The ugly Orcs: Orcs in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Orgrimmar is what I don't like about the orcs.
    Seriously, why did they have to make it so damn ugly and hard to navigate?! Everywhere there's spikes, pointy things, huts made of stone and held together with I don't want to know what...
    Protip: it's related to orgrimmar's huge population of dung beetles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Protip: it's related to orgrimmar's huge population of dung beetles
    Uuuh... I... I don't want to know...
    So let's just say that.... they're held together with dung beetles! Yeah! Hopefully...

I don't like them very much. I feel as though they're too overused and that Blizzard do a very poor job of justifying their continued existence when they're the cause of so much of Azeroth's recent issues. The sheer number of orcs that exist doesn't make much sense either given the circumstances surrounding how they came to Azeroth and what has happened since that point. I also loathe their architecture as I find mud huts and excessive spikes to be rather dull.

here's one more thing about orcs. this one is a masterpiece:

orcs use poop as ink to "write" letters

here are some quests to prove it:

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Illegible_Orc_Letter
    http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Minx%27ll_Fix_It

<Boog takes the letter from you and begins to examine it.>

Interesting.

<Boog smells the parchment.>

Hrm... Troubling...

<Boog folds the paper in half and looks at you.>

Can't understand a damn thing written here - if that is writing. Could just be toilet paper. Sure smells like it.
    <Minx takes the letter from you and begins to read it.>

Uh oh...

<Minx smells the parchment.>

Disgusting!

<Minx folds the paper in half and looks at you.>

The good news is that this isn't toilet paper. The bad news is that the ink on this paper is a mixture of kodo poop and blood. That's not the worst of it, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I don't like them very much. I feel as though they're too overused and that Blizzard do a very poor job of justifying their continued existence when they're the cause of so much of Azeroth's recent issues. The sheer number of orcs that exist doesn't make much sense either given the circumstances surrounding how they came to Azeroth and what has happened since that point. I also loathe their architecture as I find mud huts and excessive spikes to be rather dull.
    I believe I've read somewhere that the orc population is but a fraction compared to human's. Don't quote me on that though; gonna see if I can find that.
    Also yeah, if what I said is true, it would only make sense that there were really few orcs. Also because of SoO, where a lot of orcs (be it known, unknown, named or unnamed) died.

Orcs are also mostly dumb and illiterate. Here's a quest about one of the so so rare orc "writers":

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Firestone_Point_%28Horde%29
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50162

I've been on top of this silithid situation for almost a month, which makes me the local expert. Just last week the Earthen Ring was visiting, and wanted me to write down everything I know.

<Crawgol hands you a tattered book.>

I'm not much of a writer. Or a reader, for that matter. But this book is probably the most definitive thing ever written about this foe.

Deliver it to Tauna Skychaser down in Firestone Point. It's south of here, just west of the main road.
    <Crawgol's handwriting is large and uneven, little better than a childlike scrawl.>

The sillu- scilla- <Several misspellings are crossed out> silithid are bug-type animals, not vegetables (at least without a fight). They live in the under the ground, except when they are not. Some of them fly? (I think).

They taste REAL BAD.

Most silithid are made of bug parts. They have between none and eightish legs (depending on how they died?)

Burning makes them die. They have shells (called ?cara pieces? because they are made from cara obviously) that can't be stabbed unless you do it hard.

They can dig fast but I don't know how fast because they dig in the dirt.

THE ORIGIN OF THE SILITHID

Almost all silithid come from holes, usually in the ground.
    Is this from Crawgol? Wonderful! Despite all the turmoil in the world, we can't turn our back on the silithid threat. It is important to have people like Crawgol studying our enemy closely and learning its secrets for the fight ahead!

<Tauna opens the book and glances over the first page. Her face falls.>

Oh. Well. I suppose it's something, at least.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dirty mongrel retards with insane plot armor.
    This is coming from a huge Horde fan up until Cata. Hunch is going overboard as well. An option to turn that shit off wouldn't hurt.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Huh, a city full of people without toilets and there are a lot of dung beetles. SURELY THIS IS BECAUSE THE ORCS ARE SMELLY!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Huh, a city full of people without toilets and there are a lot of dung beetles. SURELY THIS IS BECAUSE THE ORCS ARE SMELLY!
    look at it through another prism. orcs are smelly because they live in a city without toilets so their streets are essentially paved with shit. they are also smelly because they live in the desert, their only water suply is poluted by goblins and so they sweat a lot and don't take any showers. basically orcs smell like a mix of poop and sweat.

Deleted
    orcs are the master race

deny that fact and you shall burn heathen