How is the new file system that WoD uses?

I remember reading some months ago that WoD has a new file system for WoW as a whole that makes the game faster to load and easier to hotfix and whatnot, has anyone noticed a difference?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh that I'd like to know

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed any significant difference. I'm running fewer addons on beta, but I'm also running it off a mechanical hard drive instead of my SSD (which houses my live WoW install).

I do remember a post about that.

Seems interesting, though.

I wonder if it'll combat input lag at all, like in the 100v100 Southshore BG. Anyone noticed any input lag in big Ashran battles?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I wonder if it'll combat input lag at all, like in the 100v100 Southshore BG. Anyone noticed any input lag in big Ashran battles?
    Input lag is improved but that has nothing to do with the file structure change.

They changed for input to the server was handled, it used to mass up multiple requests form players then send them in batches at set intervals. Now every request is sent immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Input lag is improved but that has nothing to do with the file structure change.

They changed for input to the server was handled, it used to mass up multiple requests form players then send them in batches at set intervals. Now every request is sent immediately.
    Is there a blue on this? Because, frankly, if batching that you are talking about was there to begin with, it was there for a reason, and that reason was most likely performance, so the above sounds a lot like CM talk.

I can only imagine there has been tremendous changes under the hood. I haven't heard about anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Is there a blue on this? Because, frankly, if batching that you are talking about was there to begin with, it was there for a reason, and that reason was most likely performance, so the above sounds a lot like CM talk.
    There is. It's a decent few weeks/months old iirc so can't dig it up at the moment. It was basically talking about how when you press Guardian of Ancient Kings on a Hpally and heal, the tank would still die due to it popping late and the heal wouldn't go through in time, but it will now. Some of those "I totally used it!" excuses I've heard over the years started to make sense.

And mind you, performance 10 years ago and performance now is hugely improved, which is most likely one of the reasons they're doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    There was a reason when it was implemented, which at this point was well over 10 years ago. That reason likely no longer applies.