Thread: Green Fire

Green Fire

Since this is being turned into a FoS with 6.0, I'm looking to get it done. This isn't a request for guides, as there are plenty of those out there, but rather a list of supplies. Things my self and others can bring to make the fight easier.

So far I have:
    -potions
    -flasks
    -food
    -drums of rage

Are there other consumable items that can be used in the instance to make it easier? Perhaps like the spectral pandaren items from the timeless isle? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Wait, so, are they taking the ability to get Green Fire away? Or is it becoming the standard?

I'm under the impression it's staying level 90. You will still be able to do it post 6.0 but won't get the title or FoS. (at least that is my understanding)

Gold. Lots and lots of gold for the anvil.

Edit: Missed the 'consumable' part, sorry.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2014-09-08 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I never had to use any consumables. All I did was DPS him down to 5mil health, while dealing with the different phases. From there, I used the Pit Lord (who had 18mil health) to finish off the boss. I was dead, while the pet wasn't. I still had control over the pet, so I was using his abilities. This was all done with 515il (boosted, Timeless gear, and some LFR stuff). No legendary cloak/gem or other items used.
    Last edited by DeleteThisUser; 2014-09-08 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as hard as it used to be. With nerfs, and it being a tier behind in terms of difficulty it's much easier than it was.

I only used drums of forgotten kings with 496 ToT raid finder gear on an alt I leveled just to get green fire. If you're close to that amount of noobness make sure you can be extremely patient, I went through 1.5 drums so ~75 wipes before I got it down. If you got SoO gear I seriously doubt you'll need all those buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadlington View Post
    Wait, so, are they taking the ability to get Green Fire away? Or is it becoming the standard?
    You will be able to faceroll the scenario at level 100 and get green fire there, but you will miss:
    -A feat of strength
    -The "Of the Black Harvest" title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludafrank View Post
    I only used drums of forgotten kings with 496 ToT raid finder gear on an alt I leveled just to get green fire. If you're close to that amount of noobness make sure you can be extremely patient, I went through 1.5 drums so ~75 wipes before I got it down. If you got SoO gear I seriously doubt you'll need all those buffs.
    ToT LFR gear is 502. Do you mean Timeless Isle gear?

Deleted
    The spectral pandaren items doesn't work in this encounter. And depending on your gear, it's really not worth spending a fortune on consumables. Except maybe getting the Timeless Isle 'flask' and using it when you're feeling confident about getting the kill. The boss is all about knowing the fight and how to handle the adds that he spawns.

FWIW I did it yesterday on my lock alt (mix of Timeless, LFR, Celestial and Ordos gear, average ilvl 534) and DPS wasn't an issue at all. I even screwed up and forgot about the boss taking double damage when stunned, so a lot of DPS wasted there. I got him down as he was running to spawn the second set of felpups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Drums of Forgotten Kings which give +4 to all stats, BoE made from LW.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a guide and killed it after a few tries. Only used crystal of insanity and sac imp for dispels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me two attempts at 509 with just a flask and food. Don't let these people talk it up, it's not hard. Just do it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Potion of Purification > every other consumable, since it doubles the enragetimer.

I went there with ~502 ilvl with Potion of Purification, Flask and Intpot, and ragequit after 5wipes.
    Went there again with ~510 ilvl a few months later (WL isnt my main this days), with the same consumables and killed him 1. try without using the Potion of Purification.

Things like Flask, Drums etc are nice - but you need to learn the fight, its not the DPS you have to bring what makes it hard, and the consumables doesnt really helpm with the mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just have to learn the fight and it gets really easy.

- Use the Pit Lord fire to dispell you.
    - Use your teleport properly on Chaos Bolts (re-apply it everytime you teleport just in case)

When Pit Lord comes to the fight, just Fear it and keep DPS'ing the boss until Imps are about to come. Enslave Pit here.
    Just AoE Imps without using any Cooldown/Pot.
    When Felhounds are about to come, just move away your Pit Lord a bit and pop Dark Soul to kill quickly the Hounds.
    Banish the first Inferno that arrives and keep DPS'ing the Boss.

Just re-do another round on the adds and fear the 2nd Inferno that appears and voilá. You got green fire on your warlock!

Note: Don't forget to interrupt Cataclysm using your Pit Lord Charge every time it comes.

About supplies, I just used Flask, 2 Intellect Potions and 1 Banquet to get my buff.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

As others mentioned - if your dps is very low (or if your gear is sub 500 ilvl at least as a precaution) purification potion.

bring any food / flasks / the herbs from timeless isle that heal you 30k/second if you want, but it is 99% a mechanics fight. More dps just gives you less time to mess up, and if you're walking around in 540+ just practice on doing as much as dps as possible and you could even skip fel puppies.

If you are really low gear/dps and are possibly facing third (or maybe 4th?!) doom guard, if you get your pit lord to attack them for 5-10 seconds with a shatter you shouldn't get aggro on them. He won't die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

When you understand you need the Pit lord fire breath to dispel those curse/debuff it's gonna be easy

And don't forget the glyph of enslave demon, things will be alot easier

But for the consumable, you're should be okay with what you have