Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sadly, even if it is shit terrible WoW fanboys will say it is incredible and based on the large number of fanboys its initial sales will say it was a success.
    Whats it like to be so shallow that you're mad at a video game?

diablo 3 failed on so many levels and they haven't fixed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    hots is a easy/casual version of LoL and if you don't agree with the prices why not report it to them? instead of whing on prices on a non official forum. and no it won't fail.
    Lol k. DoTA was created as a casual version of rts for Warcraft players that didn't want to care about bases. LoL was a more casual DoTA for mega casual players who wanted to participate in multiplayer without any preparation. Heroes of the Storm is CASUAL VERSION OF LOL... haha. Imo, thats seriously TOO casual. LoL is too casual already.

The fact that it has HALF as many Heroes as its likely to on release should be evidence enough that the game isn't even remotely close to complete.

If we Base games success as Twitch Views.

Wildstar Currently has 80 viewers whilst Habbo Hotel has 92.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Droxx View Post
    Says a person who obviously has never played the game and likes spouting shit.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Lol k. DoTA was created as a casual version of rts for Warcraft players that didn't want to care about bases. LoL was a more casual DoTA for mega casual players who wanted to participate in multiplayer without any preparation. Heroes of the Storm is CASUAL VERSION OF LOL... haha. Imo, thats seriously TOO casual. LoL is too casual already.
    What the fuck? What does the word 'casual' even fucking mean anymore? Is it now like the word 'fuck'? Can I just insert into a sentence randomly and still have it make sense? Can I use it as a noun? A transitive verb? A preposition? How casual can the casual casual get before he's too fucking casual?

Lol this game will not fail, it is a solid, casual LOL, based in funky Blizzard lore. It will do as well as Hearthstone.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Yeah Diablo 3 is basically the exact same game that it was on release day. I mean what with that shitty auction house, the horrible inferno scaling, the completely broken gearing where everybody wants attack speed and nothing else...

Wait a sec

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

Genuine question: why would you watch a stream of Habbo Hotel? Why would you watch a stream of a chatroom D:

diablo 3 I think was blizzards for real failure. it wasn't a financial failure because it rode on the coat tales of one of the greatest games every made(diablo 2).. but as a game it was pretty horrible for a blizzard production.

I feel like forum trolls and normal everyday folks define "fail" differently. Because in no objective way did Diablo 3 fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

Incidentally, those viewers are likely the entire Wildstar playerbase.

*drops mic*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Twitch views of a game in alpha are how we rate games success now?
    Inorite? I remember the old days picking up Game Informer magazine to get hyped about games since the dial up internet was too slow and unreliable to get any information about upcoming titles. We certainly weren't streaming Twitch...

EDIT: Other than plot which I might concede to you, can you guys point at objective reasons why D3 is worse than D2? I've yet to hear one, yet constantly hear that it's terrible and a failure. Enlighten me as to why that is
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-09-12 at 05:25 PM.

Problem with being Blizzard is if you aren't number 1 in the market it's considered a flop and if it is number 1 in the market it is considered dying. #internetlogic

See what I mean, the word must be out that someone said they didn't like a Blizz game. And here is our first white knight. Calling me simple minded and yet he demonstrates exactly what I described. How's that for simple minded.

To those that enjoy the game... GREAT! I never tried it and didn't say i like or don't like it - all I'm referring to here is the OP's post that it might fail. I told him, No, it won't fail because of idiots like "The Kao". Thank you "The Kao" for backing that up.
    You're basically saying that it won't fail because stupid fanboys will play it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I do not support any small cheaply made game period. The more generic crap people buy, the more cheap generic crap we all get. This goes for all things, not just games.

I play WoW, and nothing else Bliz is currently doing. I see these smaller games like fads that require support far into the future. D3 and SC are fine, just not a long term game for me, I simply get tired of them quickly.
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2014-09-12 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    EDIT: Other than plot which I might concede to you, can you guys point at objective reasons why D3 is worse than D2? I've yet to hear one, yet constantly hear that it's terrible and a failure. Enlighten me as to why that is
    Because nostalgia.

Sadly, even if it is shit terrible WoW fanboys will say it is incredible and based on the large number of fanboys its initial sales will say it was a success.
    Fuck off with this generalization bullshit. Just because someone enjoys WoW doesn't mean they'll enjoy every product Blizzard puts out.

So we're moving from WoW killers to LoL killers now.

The game isn't even in the beta yet, it cannot fail yet.

The game looks mediocre at best to me, I doubt it will be any better then LoL or DotA2. It'll still do well because it involves Blizzards 3 major franchises, and the ''fanboys'' will without a doubt try out their favorite hero and even throw in around 100 dollar or so. Even if they don't like the genre at all they'll still play it, just for the IP.

And the first Blizzard game that failed is Diablo 3, maybe not saleswise but thats not the only defination of failure. Personally I think Cataclysm is a failure aswell, but thats an expansion.