10+ Year Old Account

How to counter these?

There are two things I have had no luck into being able to remotely counter, and was wondering if I was just missing something. I play mainly Ranged assassin characters, so keep that in mind with my questions.

1) Zeratul, even with the times I break him out of stealth it's a up hill battle. Most of the time he just slows me and blinks away to reset and then just kills me out right then before I can even get to a safer area. It feels like i'm at the point if the enemy team has a Zeratul I should just concede right there.

2) Nova's triple tap. Is it even possible to out-range or dodge it?
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    There are two things I have had no luck into being able to remotely counter, and was wondering if I was just missing something. I play mainly Ranged assassin characters, so keep that in mind with my questions.

1) Zeratul, even with the times I break him out of stealth it's a up hill battle. Most of the time he just slows me and blinks away to reset and then just kills me out right then before I can even get to a safer area. It feels like i'm at the point if the enemy team has a Zeratul I should just concede right there.

2) Nova's triple tap. Is it even possible to out-range or dodge it?
    1) You have to just postilion better and pay attention to the map and know where he is.

2) Maybe a change of hero like going dragon knight or getting eaten by stitches or zag might cancel it. Other heroes and structures can take the damage for them if they lined up correctly. And I believe the sanctuary will stop the damage?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    1) It's all about positioning yourself and predicting where he is going to aim his attack. Also, i guess you already know it, but pay attention to terrain you are standing at, on less "obstructed" terrain its easier to see him while invisible so you can position yourself better/kick him out of stealth.
    Stay close to heroes like Tassadar, Uther, Tyrande, Zeatul moves quite predictable, they can either see him coming very early thanks to detection, they can save you from damage via heals/sheilds and CC Zeratul for retaliating strike.

2) I don't think it's possible to out-range it, but i'm sure you can block it with structures and i'm sure that you can block it with allied heroes. CCing her while she casts it also works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh Ice Block andZeratuls prision might stop it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Isn't it a channelling? So basically any stun, control or displacement effect should stop that?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays a lot of Nova (you can find me running around with her master skin) the best way(s) to live through triple tap really depend on who you're playing and your current position in the battle. If you're near her and you have a knock back or stun at your disposal just hit her with that and you'll be fine. If you (or nobody else) is near her or can stop her then you can use other heroes or structures to take the damage for you, if you're going to use other heroes to take the damage though, just be sure you don't kill them in the process.

It becomes really important to spread the damage out or stop the spell channel once she hits level 20 (assuming she takes Rapid Reload). If she's allowed to score killing blows with Triple Tap against your team she can almost single handedly turn the tide of team fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best counter to Zeratul/Nova- Don't go alone, and NEVER be below 50%. Heal up whenever you can, and stick to a partner/group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Zeratul:

He has no sticking power unless he uses his ult. Just run away from him, or don't go below 50% if you don't know where he is. Keep an eye out for the shimmers, he will almost always run up to you because he wants to save Blink for when you try to get away.

As a rule in HotS, past around 10-12 you should no longer be laning and instead staying in the general area of your allies unless it's Dragon Knight map, and even then you should be with one person at least. Don't be alone. Zeratul can beat a lot of heroes 1v1 and if he can't or you ult to kill him he can simply run away easily. Don't overcommit to killing him, because you probably won't 1v1.

Triple tap:

Any structure (even the barricades that usually go undestroyed) will block it. Allied players can block it. Some abilities can block it. Other than that, you're screwed.