Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you have games that you like yet you have not finished?

Do you have games that you like yet you have not finished?

What I mean to say, I have this game, Divinity: Dragon Commander, for example, which I thought was great (it is in a way like a simplified steampunk Starcraft 2). I reached the last chapter like 5 months ago and I stopped playing. Not because the game was bad, on the contrary, I thought it was awesome. I was not bored with it either, but... I just did not finish it. I don't know why. The icon is still here on my desktop, and it made me wonder if I did not finish it because I didn't want it to end? I can't think of another reason, what do you think?

yes, probably 3/4's of the games I have, I haven't finished them. And for the most part I enjoy all of them. I have ADD or something with video games.

I dont know why, but I never finished kotor 2. Yet, the 1st one is one of my favorite rpg of all time..

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    demon souls... dark souls...

/weep
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I've done everything in KoA:R except finish the main quest, or even the DLC that I bought. I probably should do that.

I also haven't beaten World of Warcraft yet.

Most. If I finish a game that's an odd exception in the list.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF13 ... I always give up when I get to Pulse.

The difficulty spike was stupid.

At least a few dozen spanning back from my old PS1 games to recent releases. I'm really bad at finishing games that I start, even when I try to make it a point to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    FF13 ... I always give up when I get to Pulse.

The difficulty spike was stupid.
    Heh, that was where the game fell apart for me and I stopped playing for the better part of a year. That one open world zone they just toss you in with enemies of vastly different difficulty was obnoxious.

Though it gets back to corridors again pretty quick and things get back on track.

Deleted
    LA:Noire. I really like the game,but I could bring myself to finish it when I was playing. I suppose its just a bit too repetitive for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many tbh lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Hard Reset

Those are my more recent ones but I used to be a lot worse about it back in the day with games like The 7th Saga (got to the last dungeon then restarted, not sure why), Ogre Battle (PSX), and all of the legacy of kain games.

The Last of Us/The Last of Us remastered.

I love the game and love the online. Just haven't gotten around to finishing the SP story. Yes I have owned both
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your definition of finished. Do you mean simply beating the campaign/s? Or does it include doing achievements or collecting all x of y side tasks? Either way, yes. There are some games that I like and have not finished IE: Diablo 3, WoW, GW2 etc but since they are mmos do they really count? If its simply playing through a games campaign then no. I have beaten the campaigns of all my games that are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

There are a lot of games and even TV shows that I have trouble finishing. Not because I don't enjoy them, but because I do. Once I win, or watch the last episode, it's over. A lot of the time I'll put off finishing in things, just to savor the story a bit longer in my head before it comes to a conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thief reboot. I also enjoyed AC4 for a while but eventually it got to be too much sailing which i didn't enjoy so i stopped. Still enjoy the multiplayer though. It's the first AC game I've ever played the multi-player on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I dont know why, but I never finished kotor 2. Yet, the 1st one is one of my favorite rpg of all time..
    It does not really have much of an ending anyhow, not much missed there aside from a plot twist or two in regards to companions.

Deleted
    Still haven't really finished Parasite Eve 2 and Silent Hill 3. I found the endboss in both too hard and gave up, but that was years ago, so I hope I'll get around to finishing them one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Mass Effect 3 but just never got around to finishing the story.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

3rd birthday (damn those reapers) and most monster hunter games since they are a bitch high lvl with no friends to help you out.