Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have a question. Let's say that you cast a poh. Does divine aegis have a separate chance to multistrike? So... PoH hit has a chance to multi strike, it does, crits, procs DA, and then that can also multi strike?

Deleted
    Thank you for the topic, was looking for something like this, as I didn't have a lot of time to play the beta. Is it alright if I transfer the breakdown of changes to the european wow boards?
    I didn't get to try raids yet - just 5 mans. I like the new "inner focus" baked into archangel, I guess if they wanted to remove the extra button, this way made most sense. I like the nerf on atonement, feels back to what it was in Cata. I absolutely hate the cast time on prayer of mending, feels un-natural after it being on the move for years. I also dearly miss binding heal for disc, I don't see why it was removed, disc already feels pretty bare in ability number. Trying to adjust to holy nova - still feels weird, reminds me of the coh spam at the end of tbc for some reason.

Deleted
    Don't you have raid awareness to be working on?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I have a question. Let's say that you cast a poh. Does divine aegis have a separate chance to multistrike? So... PoH hit has a chance to multi strike, it does, crits, procs DA, and then that can also multi strike?
    There is no double dipping, you only benefit once. If your PoH multistrikes and crits in order to create an aegis, your created aegis won't multistrike separately. This applies to all specs that have such mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    There is no double dipping, you only benefit once. If your PoH multistrikes and crits in order to create an aegis, your created aegis won't multistrike separately. This applies to all specs that have such mechanics.
    Indeed. I believe the wording used was "Multistrike can mastery but mastery can't multistrike" or something like that in a tweet a while ago.

Can the multi strike hit, crit & proc DA then?

Deleted
    Yes it can, dependent on your crit and multistrike chance of course. For your example of a non-crit PoH, each heal has a chance to "heal again" for 30% efficacy up to two times. Those two "heal agains" have independent chances to crit, and any crits will produce the appropriate amount of Divine Aegis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rylai21 View Post
    Some logs from the other night, we mostly 4 healed iirc:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ealing&fight=7

I was disc for most of Beastlord and the numbers were quite high (maybe too high?). The few attempts I was holy just wasn't comparing. It is possible I'm just rusty at holy, however.
    Nice numbers on Divine Aegis - what was the major source for this? Empowered AA --> PoH? And any reason for running Glyph of Power Shield? Going by the tooltip on wowhead this still looks like an HPS loss. The spread of healing sources is pretty encouraging though. It would be nice to see Smite buffed up a little but I'm a major Atonement (not the person though they are pretty okay I guess ) fan girl.

Are we still decided that 5 stack Evangelism AA is the way to go, so long as Smite can be avoided? Poor Smite. Also poor PoM.

Deleted
    I don't think it's safe to foresee our next rotation with T17 bonuses in mind. Bliz already said that the tuning of those bonuses is far from beeing done right now. I think our 4pc isn't very likely to change but our 2pc on the other hand... There's a slight possibility that they will nerf it.

Other topic : has anyone worked on a disc's spells relative HPS and HPM spreadsheet yet ? That could be of great help if we want to establish our priorities and standard "rotations".

Quote Originally Posted by Healeze View Post
    Yes it can, dependent on your crit and multistrike chance of course. For your example of a non-crit PoH, each heal has a chance to "heal again" for 30% efficacy up to two times. Those two "heal agains" have independent chances to crit, and any crits will produce the appropriate amount of Divine Aegis.
    I've seen this two times thing again somewhere. For a 10% chance to multistrike, it's like poh hit-> 10% chance to multistrike -> your crit chance to crit for the multistrike-> DA procs if multistrike crits, and
    PoH crit->Procs DA->PoH crit multistrikes and crits itself->procs DA.

Do I get it right? Or is there a 2nd check for multistrike for each single heal hit/crit?

Deleted

Some logs from the other night, we mostly 4 healed iirc:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ealing&fight=7

I was disc for most of Beastlord and the numbers were quite high (maybe too high?). The few attempts I was holy just wasn't comparing. It is possible I'm just rusty at holy, however.
    What difficulty is this? normal? I was watching the replay and i was shocked. The raid is sitting at 100% hp 90% of the fight. Even in the aoe pulses, rarely anybody drops below 60% and the aoe dmg is healed back in seconds. The holy is using coh half of times he could because there is nothing to heal. And he sits on 2 stack of Serendipity half the time and has no idea how to spend them. Disc wins in a situation with burst, we know that from mop. But where is the new healing model they spoke of.

Do I get it right? Or is there a 2nd check for multistrike for each single heal hit/crit?
    You get 2 multistrike chances. Lets say you have 10% MS

So you get PoH, if it crits--> DA
    10% chance for Multistrike 1, if you get it heals for 30% of PoH hit, and if it crits-->DA
    10% chance for Multistrike 2, if you get it heals for 30% of PoH hit, and if it crits--> DA

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You get 2 multistrike chances. Lets say you have 10% MS

So you get PoH, if it crits--> DA
    10% chance for Multistrike 1, if you get it heals for 30% of PoH hit, and if it crits-->DA
    10% chance for Multistrike 2, if you get it heals for 30% of PoH hit, and if it crits--> DA
    Have they explained why there are 2 checks for it? Simply for making the stat viable enough?

Have they explained why there are 2 checks for it? Simply for making the stat viable enough?
    Flavor of the stat. If it didn't it would essentially just be crit.

makes the stat more desirable over crit (after haste rework) for various HoT classes

Quote Originally Posted by Crzed View Post
    Flavor of the stat. If it didn't it would essentially just be crit.
    exactly is another stat that is % chance of extra damage/heals (only less bursty than existing crit, since its up to 2 smaller hits) and they wanted to stick to 5 secondary stats for dps (losing hit/exp and replacing them with MS and Vers)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Nice numbers on Divine Aegis - what was the major source for this? Empowered AA --> PoH? And any reason for running Glyph of Power Shield? Going by the tooltip on wowhead this still looks like an HPS loss. The spread of healing sources is pretty encouraging though. It would be nice to see Smite buffed up a little but I'm a major Atonement (not the person though they are pretty okay I guess ) fan girl.

Are we still decided that 5 stack Evangelism AA is the way to go, so long as Smite can be avoided? Poor Smite. Also poor PoM.
    -Mostly just Empowered AA looks like. On most of the attempts PoH crit rate was 50%-70%

-The glyph seems really strong to me now with the PW:S buffs. On many attempts it's ~5%-7% of my healing. That seems huge for a glyph honestly. The only thing you're missing out on is running glyph of Weakened Soul, which doesn't seem like that huge of a loss in a 20 man. You'll always have someone to shield. Or maybe I'm just a total idiot and misread the tooltip. If it does flat out remove 20% of the shield it's probably not very good. That's a bit embarrassing.

-You'll always be using a 5 stack AA with the 2-piece. You might have missed that they re-implemented the cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessi View Post
    What difficulty is this? normal? I was watching the replay and i was shocked. The raid is sitting at 100% hp 90% of the fight. Even in the aoe pulses, rarely anybody drops below 60% and the aoe dmg is healed back in seconds. The holy is using coh half of times he could because there is nothing to heal. And he sits on 2 stack of Serendipity half the time and has no idea how to spend them. Disc wins in a situation with burst, we know that from mop. But where is the new healing model they spoke of.
    This is on mythic. To be honest we never made it to the higher sustained AoE phase due to tanks dying and random shit. So I can't really speak for that. As for the Holy Priest in the logs I believe it was some friend of a pug so I can't really speak for him/her either. Take it with a grain of salt, was just posting some numbers to look at.
    Last edited by rylai21; 2014-09-23 at 02:56 PM.

-The glyph seems really strong to me now with the PW:S buffs. On many attempts it's ~5%-7% of my healing. That seems huge for a glyph honestly. The only thing you're missing out on is running glyph of Weakened Soul, which doesn't seem like that huge of a loss in a 20 man. You'll always have someone to shield. Or maybe I'm just a total idiot and misread the tooltip. If it does flat out remove 20% of the shield it's probably not very good. That's a bit embarrassing.
    It does sort of - if your shield would have absorbed for 100, it instead heals for 20, and then places an absorb for 80. - As long as you aren't using it on full health targets (and therefor wasting the 20% heal portion) its not terrible.

I don't know if it still does this because it used to, but the 20% heal portion when it crits also applies a DA shield. I wonder if in WoD, the heal portion gets its own separate MS chances too?

Yeah, I've never actually considered using the glyph on live. Thought I'd give it a shot since PW:S was so damn strong on beta right now (20% extra PW:S what could go wrong? :P).

Deleted

-You'll always be using a 5 stack AA with the 2-piece. You might have missed that they re-implemented the cooldown.
    Yup yup, that makes sense! My question was more aimed at not having the two-piece. I should've been clearer!

I don't know if it still does this because it used to, but the 20% heal portion when it crits also applies a DA shield. I wonder if in WoD, the heal portion gets its own separate MS chances too?
    It could do with getting that since even with a separate DA, the Glyph is far from brilliant due to higher over healing capacity. That, and it really disfavors pre-emptive SS.