Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18922, Patch 6.0 and the Background Downloader

See the front page for the latest notes.

They're updating like every 2-4 days, it'll keep data miner's busy

Ill say this with bitter taste in my mouth. "So.. You dont have anything more to cut down on monk so you proceed to set bonuses?"

Some of these changes are simply amazing. Not that i have something against druids, but they keep buffing the class thats already topping the meters. I dont like the idea of raids composed from druids only, but how they started "fine tuning," every other class will end up just as an alt, maining the druid will not be a choise.

We had "The Age of Mages" while Ghostclawer was main dev, we all know that he was maining a mage.. I guess that some of devs in Blizz are playing a druid..

Why can't old enchants be used on 600+ gear any more? Seems like a bit of a pointless restriction.

One that'll mostly fuck with those leveling enchanting <_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    Ill say this with bitter taste in my mouth. "So.. You dont have anything more to cut down on monk so you proceed to set bonuses?"

Some of these changes are simply amazing. Not that i have something against druids, but they keep buffing the class thats already topping the meters. I dont like the idea of raids composed from druids only, but how they started "fine tuning," every other class will end up just as an alt, maining the druid will not be a choise.

We had "The Age of Mages" while Ghostclawer was main dev, we all know that he was maining a mage.. I guess that some of devs in Blizz are playing a druid..
    Actually he stated that he played mainly priest as he was leaving Blizzard.

And obviously some of the devs play druids, as they play all other classes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Why can't old enchants be used on 600+ gear any more? Seems like a bit of a pointless restriction.

One that'll mostly fuck with those leveling enchanting <_<
    As always and with everything else from last expansion blizzard consider last expansion stuff "legacy" so some restrictions needed to be made.
    Why do you think that they will fuk up enchanters? Did you ment that noone will buy old enchants cause of their restriction?
    Ilvl 600 is something that you will have late game, around lvl 98-99, maybe even 100 before you hit HCs, so i dont see the issue with those restrictions. Look at it as something like this:"you can level however you want with whatever gear/enchants you want, however once you max out you need to be a bit more serious and prepare for content ahead." Same applies to HCs for which you will be granted access only when you win Proving Grounds Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    .... And obviously some of the devs play druids, as they play all other classes lol.
    I was sarcastic and you pulled out of contex sarcastic statement. >.<

Deleted
    i feel stupid asking but what patch was bg downloading 6.0 or 6.02? it says 2 different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    As always and with everything else from last expansion blizzard consider last expansion stuff "legacy" so some restrictions needed to be made.
    Why do you think that they will fuk up enchanters? Did you ment that noone will buy old enchants cause of their restriction?
    Ilvl 600 is something that you will have late game, around lvl 98-99, maybe even 100 before you hit HCs, so i dont see the issue with those restrictions.
    Oh I'm not talking about stats, I'm talking about the fact that when I level enchanting I tend to just spam w/e enchant gives most points on my gear (given my enchanter is my alt so it doesn't usually get luxurious proper enchants until I can be bothered).

So if a new person levels enchantment at level 100 they wont be able to spam some of those enchants on their gear for skill points. It's purely annoyance and nothing else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zidey View Post
    i feel stupid asking but what patch was bg downloading 6.0 or 6.02? it says 2 different things.
    6.0 and 6.0.2 are the same things.
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Oh I'm not talking about stats, I'm talking about the fact that when I level enchanting I tend to just spam w/e enchant gives most points on my gear (given my enchanter is my alt so it doesn't usually get luxurious proper enchants until I can be bothered).

So if a new person levels enchantment at level 100 they wont be able to spam some of those enchants on their gear for skill points. It's purely annoyance and nothing else.
    Why do you do this still: Enchanting Vellum is available since years, you can still put the enchants in the vellums and maybe even sell them; or give them to new players: the vellum is so cheap it's not even fun to create them with inscription, so no, it's not an annoyance, it is necessary to keep the enchanting-restrictions in WoD without removing older enchants from gear.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perks
    Empowered Execute (New) Increases the damage of Execute by 20%.

Talents
    Slam Slam an opponent, causing (100% 150% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Each consecutive use of Slam increases the damage dealt by 50% and the Rage cost by 100%, stacking up to 2 times for 2 sec. Requires Melee Weapon. Warrior - LvL 45 Talent. 10 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Arms
    Mastery: Weapons Master Increases the damage of your Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, and Execute abilities by 20%. Warrior - Arms Spec. 28%. Warrior - Arms Spec.

if anything warriors needed some serious damage nerfs, and ofc we end up with another buff build.

''New/Updated Garrison Images'' Very interesting.

Deleted
    i keep hearin " oh 6.0 is few weeks ago" ive been hearin that for the past month, few weeks means at least 2 weeks. not a month, i wonder if they are doing that so that ppl that dont have the legendary cape, cant enjoy it b4 the expansion...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno18 View Post
    i keep hearin " oh 6.0 is few weeks ago" ive been hearin that for the past month, few weeks means at least 2 weeks. not a month, i wonder if they are doing that so that ppl that dont have the legendary cape, cant enjoy it b4 the expansion...
    Quest will remain the in the questlog for those who have it when 6.0 hits, and if you don't have your cloak yet, after 2 years, then well, it's nobody's fault, especially not blizzard's. If you however mean that you won't get to "enjoy" the cloak before the expac, you will get some use out of it while leveling and during the first few dungeons.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno18 View Post
    Technically a few is 3....and 3 weeks from now sounds pretty accurate for PTR to be released as WoD release is roughly 7 weeks away.

They are really going full pelt with this beta/ptr push out fair play.

Feral 4-set gets buffed, Enhancement tier is left untouched and they get a buff to Windstrike, ...? What.

Hey look more warrior buffs.

wtb feral/warr nerfs and lock/spriest buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot of alts (one of each class at 90). For a long period of time, I was tending the farm everyday on all of them. Is it going to be worthwhile to play garrisons on a bunch of toons?

It's times like these I wish I had a beta key so I could get a better feel for how garrisons are going to work. No matter how many things I read, its hard to translate that into actual gameplay without experiencing it first. Dungeon journal is the same way.

The expansion is certainly shaping up to be World Of Garrisons ...