Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've been considering dusting off Rift again myself. I played it at release and had fun, but just got too busy at the time. I really liked the Chloromancer, but it had a few major issues with healing I wonder if they addressed. (IE: If you had to hide from some large telegraph move you couldn't attack the boss AKA couldn't heal the tank, making it easy for them to die in that duration. Only had 1-2 emergency heals)

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they need to make a WoW2? They've shown they have no qualms about making drastic changes when rolling out expansions. More likely they would pull a Classic EQ --> Kunark and dramatically revamp the game engine with a future expansion. With how good Blizzard is at sidetracking the storyline with BS like Mists and Warlords, we'll be lucky if we see Kiljaedaen or Sargeras before 2020.

I actually think Activision acquiring Blizzard ended with what they had made for titan being shoehorned into something like an MMO for the consoles (aka Destiny).

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I actually think Activision acquiring Blizzard ended with what they had made for titan being shoehorned into something like an MMO for the consoles (aka Destiny).
    Destiny is just a bastard child of PSO and Borderlands anyways. Nothing novel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Destiny is just a bastard child of PSO and Borderlands anyways. Nothing novel about it.
    Oh it's novel as in a PS exclusive so I'll never get to play it. (Feel free to prove me wrong by sending me a free PS4, I frigging dare you.)

Sounds like super lame from what I read regarding titan leaks. Glad they cancelled it

Quote Originally Posted by Endelikt View Post
    Pasting this here :
    ---------8<-----------
    Wow! Got a source for that? (Sorry if I missed it elsewhere.) That actually sounds pretty fun and strangely similar to what I used to post all the time about how I wished NPCs would wander around at night and some would be replaced by others, some just wouldn't be available, some would ONLY come out at night, etc. (Like why would you ever walk up in broad daylight to buy poisons or thieves tools, from back in the day.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The leaked Titan details aren't quite what I was expecting or hoping for. I figured it would be closer to a Destiny with deeper player development/customization. Instead it sounds like a cross with Farmville, Sims, and Borderlands/TF.

Sometimes in any project they can get too ambitious, or simply off-track, and it sounds like that's what happened here. To some degree wow and MMOs try to be everything to everyone, in raids, to rp, to pet battles, to raiding, to arena/bg/rbg, garrisons, auction house players, etc. Wow generally has done a pretty good job of that. But this sounds like they tried to take that even a step further and they realized they bit off more than they could chew. If they go too far with it, each of the areas end up watered-down and spread thin. Wow takes that about as far as it could go right now, maybe a little too far as it is.

With the cancellation of the project they finally leaked some info about it? Where if I might ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Yeah I was thinking. A while back one of the guys from Blizzard said they were definitely thinking about WOW 2. Then I also thought Titan was similar to Destiny. I mean even Blizzard trademarked one of Destiny's expansion packs (The Dark Below). So it makes me wonder if they are going to make a WoW 2 instead since the WoW now is slowly dying of old age. I don't think I'll pickup current WoW but I'd pick up WoW 2 in a heartbeat.
    You do realize WoW 2 would just be the same as WoW 1 right? Nobody seems to get or understand this,you cant make a MMO sequel unless you completely overhaul everything,and blizzard would just not do that! If you want proof look at Guild Wars 2 and Everquest 2 etc,they came out but did they beat WoW number one? Nope they all flopped!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Wow! Got a source for that? (Sorry if I missed it elsewhere.) That actually sounds pretty fun and strangely similar to what I used to post all the time about how I wished NPCs would wander around at night and some would be replaced by others, some just wouldn't be available, some would ONLY come out at night, etc. (Like why would you ever walk up in broad daylight to buy poisons or thieves tools, from back in the day.)
    Why do people keep asking for sources!!!??? Hes just told you the entire thing you idiot lol

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If that's what the game was going to be, it sounds kinda boring to me. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    You do realize WoW 2 would just be the same as WoW 1 right? Nobody seems to get or understand this,you cant make a MMO sequel unless you completely overhaul everything,and blizzard would just not do that! If you want proof look at Guild Wars 2 and Everquest 2 etc,they came out but did they beat WoW number one? Nope they all flopped!

- - - Updated - - -

Why do people keep asking for sources!!!??? Hes just told you the entire thing you idiot lol
    1. People ask for sources in an attempt to determine the trustworthiness of what is being written.
    2. I found the source myself. http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzar...was-1638632121
    3. What's with the hate? Why am I an idiot for not instantly believing things that are posted?

WoD is WoW 2! New character models, number crunch, ability pruning, and a new world in a new time. WoW is starting over.

Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft. Since the 90s, have they ever developed any new IPs except sequels? Diablo wasn't even their own creation, a subsidiary put it together which left in 2004.

This was supposed to be the "next-gen MMO". I'm not surprised they couldn't come up with something, as they've even admitted, innovation is not what they do. They'll await the next-gen MMO be released by someone else and then do what they did with the Warcraft IP, and borrow from everything, make a better mousetrap, and go after the other gaming communities.

What they need to do is what made them great. Find small game studios with excellent ideas, stop letting today's Metzen interfere with the creative process down the road so he can careen the car off the cliff, and throw some cash at them for new and innovative ideas. Blizzard is not Apple or Microsoft, I doubt they have Morhaime running around throwing tantrums in development meetings because they are getting away from his 'vision'.

I hope Warcraft remains profitable for them, because this company doesn't look like it has a fresh idea in the pipeline to increase revenues for the long haul.

Deleted
    RIP MMO genre ! Long live WoW cash cow !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Yeah I was thinking. A while back one of the guys from Blizzard said they were definitely thinking about WOW 2. Then I also thought Titan was similar to Destiny. I mean even Blizzard trademarked one of Destiny's expansion packs (The Dark Below). So it makes me wonder if they are going to make a WoW 2 instead since the WoW now is slowly dying of old age. I don't think I'll pickup current WoW but I'd pick up WoW 2 in a heartbeat.
    According to this article Blizzard only handled the application as sort of a diversion manoeuvre.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Low reaction times, clunky imprecise control scheme, CPU-controlled enemies factoring into a large amount of the gameplay, stagnant predictable gameplay, etc.
    The fact that so many people believe it amounts to actual skill is telling in how hoodwinked said core gamers are. I would applaud Blizzard, Riot, etc. if it weren't so fucking sad.
    Yikes, i couldn't disagree with you more, and low reaction times? complete bogus. Each to their own I guess.

Damn, I was so excited about playing a butcher!

"what do you need today ma'am?"

"press the "1" key to chop the meat as fast as possible!"

Who never dreamed about playing a game where you could own a butcher shop? No idea why cancel something with great ideas such as this!

Now we could do the guess game, how long will take until they release a new game? I would bet around 5 years minimum (a real game, not stuff like card games or mobas).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Have you not seen PC sales tanking for the last 5 years? I'm a PC gamer to the core but the writing is on the wall. With console graphics and gameplay equal to the PC the R&D time doesn't even compare. Consoles are 1/2 the price of a solid gaming pc and last 2-3 times as long. Stupid phone games are doing better than PC gaming. It's sad.
    PC sales are dropping is something completely different then the amount of pc gamers dropping. With steam and a lot of other things pc gaming has been going up the last few years. It has never been better. Then maybe in the 90's. Yeah consoles are half the price but that won't be the case anymore in about a year. Also pc's have a lot of other uses then just gaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious00 View Post
    We're almost at WoW 6.0 - so 2.0 would be quite a setback ^^
    I lol'd hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    WoD is WoW 2! New character models, number crunch, ability pruning, and a new world in a new time. WoW is starting over.
    To be truly wow2 they would need to re-do every non-Wod+MoP zone. Outland, Azeroth. The graphics from cata are much worse than wod.
    All low-level and pre-Mop items need a re-doing. Everything. Wow is only shiny right now if you only wear new armour, fly new mounts, stay in new areas. Thunderbluff, Undercity, Silvermoon, Ironforge, Darnassus, Exodar. All need overhauling. Not to mention options such as Gilneas.

I could go on all day.