Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    thanks for all your valuable replies...! as i need a paid one for officially i can get the tracking alerts instantly by officially from software data tracking features. so, i want to go with paid one of Bitdefender which is a very good antivirus software from many sources.....!
    Last edited by technojohn; 2014-09-29 at 06:59 AM. Reason: spelled wrongly

Quote Originally Posted by technojohn View Post
    thanks for all your valuable replies...! as i need a paid one for officially i can get the tracking alerts instantly by officially from software data tracking features. so, i want to go with paid one of Bitdefender which is a very good antivirus software from many sources.....!
    If you're still able to refund, here's 85% off (comes out to $15) their full suite, you can also stack it: http://store.bitdefender.com/order/c...4-14-94USD-EMM

You can buy as many licenses as you want and stack them, I bought 3 years worth myself a few weeks ago <.<.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised no one mentioned it, but always been a fan of AVG

Quote Originally Posted by Tasandriel View Post
    In my opinion the only good antivirus is ESET NOD32 (either Antivirus or Smart Security). It's the most lightweight AV I've ever used, it detect pretty much anything that's up to no good (including webpages infested with virusses) and you can "make" it free

Any other AV including Norton, Panda, BitDefender and Kaspersky have been getting crappier as of lately. And I work as a PC Technician so I really do know what's going on in IT land

eset is very good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you're still able to refund, here's 85% off (comes out to $15) their full suite, you can also stack it: http://store.bitdefender.com/order/c...4-14-94USD-EMM

You can buy as many licenses as you want and stack them, I bought 3 years worth myself a few weeks ago <.<.
    Dunno how that 85% discount works but at normal prices, its like double of what i pay for norton. I mean i pay around 30euro for 3 licences, 60 for 6pcs. I need more than double for 6 licences? I mean even if its like 5% better still doesn't justify the price difference does it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

This is what i use too, very pleased. Showing good results all around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    eset is very good
    Yep and you dont need to configure it much, hell you can leave it by default, it doesnt suck all your cpu/ram, and isnt trigger happy with the false positives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Symantec Norton for years, it was a good antivirus, but it had all kind of annoying popups from time to time, like you are playing some game and suddenly everything is minimized and Norton Antivirus notifies you of some totally not interesting shit like update or something. Protection-wise - top notch, never had ANY issues with viruses and what not and it did prevented 2-3 carelessly downloaded ones over the years from sneaking through. Performance-wise, I always use a decent hardware so I never felt it slowing me down despite all the bad vibe on the net about it.

About a year ago my Norton sub ran out and I spotted a great full security BitDefender suite deal for several years with update to latest version included for a price which was equal to one year of Norton sub, so I hit the reviews and found out that it is a great product, so I went for it.

Not disappointed so far, I really like the fact that so far I NEVER seen any popup from it, it did block a few websites I tried to visit which were indeed probably positive. I feel secure too and it seems it has a good mechanism of handling things by itself in the background without pestering you, unlike Norton. Performance is good too, but really, can't feel it anyway since I'm sitting with the latest I7 here and state of the art SSD anyway.

Overall, I am pleased with both, but I'd say BitDefender scores a bit higher in my book because it does not pester you with stuff that should not bother you like update restarts and trash like that.

One another thing I like about BitDefender that it automatically picks up on the fact that you are gaming and adjusts it's behavior accordingly with a game profile. No idea what it does, but it feels very intelligent and smooth compared to Norton which was dumb like a rock in that regard and sometimes behaved as if your PC's sole purpose was to run Norton Antivirus and everything else was unimportant.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2014-09-29 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i've used norton for 6 years+ and never had any problems, ever.
    That you know of. Lol. Norton is dog shit. We use it here at work and it only detects a track in cookie on users machines. Then I run malwarebytes for kicks and it finds sooo much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I used Symantec Norton for years, it was a good antivirus, but it had all kind of annoying popups from time to time, like you are playing some game and suddenly everything is minimized and Norton Antivirus notifies you of some totally not interesting shit like update or something. Protection-wise - top notch, never had ANY issues with viruses and what not and it did prevented 2-3 carelessly downloaded ones over the years from sneaking through. Performance-wise, I always use a decent hardware so I never felt it slowing me down despite all the bad vibe on the net about it.

About a year ago my Norton sub ran out and I spotted a great full security BitDefender suite deal for several years with update to latest version included for a price which was equal to one year of Norton sub, so I hit the reviews and found out that it is a great product, so I went for it.

Not disappointed so far, I really like the fact that so far I NEVER seen any popup from it, it did block a few websites I tried to visit which were indeed probably positive. I feel secure too and it seems it has a good mechanism of handling things by itself in the background without pestering you, unlike Norton. Performance is good too, but really, can't feel it anyway since I'm sitting with the latest I7 here and state of the art SSD anyway.

Overall, I am pleased with both, but I'd say BitDefender scores a bit higher in my book because it does not pester you with stuff that should not bother you like update restarts and trash like that.

One another thing I like about BitDefender that it automatically picks up on the fact that you are gaming and adjusts it's behavior accordingly with a game profile. No idea what it does, but it feels very intelligent and smooth compared to Norton which was dumb like a rock in that regard and sometimes behaved as if your PC's sole purpose was to run Norton Antivirus and everything else was unimportant.
    Lol! Calling Norton "good"
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    That you know of. Lol. Norton is dog shit. We use it here at work and it only detects a track in cookie on users machines. Then I run malwarebytes for kicks and it finds sooo much.

Lol! Calling Norton "good"
    Yeah lets quote all of that just to laugh at them with a one line...

Also Norton might have been bad but it scores reasonable well now, a little low on the performance side of things though:

http://www.av-test.org/en/?avtest%5Breport%5D=6311

I find it funny/sad/weird how riled up and offensive/defensive people can get because someone likes a certain piece of software that they don't or they've heard bad things about, like it has any affect on them whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yeah lets quote all of that just to laugh at them with a one line...

I find it funny/sad/weird how riled up and offensive/defensive people can get because someone likes a certain piece of software that they don't or they've heard bad things about, like it has any affect on them whatsoever.
    That's exactly what I did.

It doesnt have any affect on me whatsoever. However, it could be having an effect on them and they just dont know it. The argument "ive been using x av for years and never had a single issue." You sure about that? How can that ONE thing be so good that it protects you from EVERYTHING? If that were the case, why are there many other alternatives? Dont give me "it's competition" because if that was the case, every single thing would protect you from everything and that just isnt the case. Nor would it be needed in the first place. You could be infected and you just dont know it because you dont bother to explore outside your box.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    That's exactly what I did.
    Silly and unnecessary. I did provide a link disproving the anecdotal evidence, also you kinda need total protection, antivirus really isn't that important, especially not on it's own. Using different scanners for different things isn't a new thing and has been used in "pro" removal guides for ages.

Last part of my reply wasn't directed at you specifically just many of the comments in this and other similar topics like W7 vs. W8.

I agree that the "not had an issue" is a really vague way of describing a product you use and what exactly does that mean? It's different to different people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone run anything on their phone?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Have been using F-secure for the past 6+ years. Never had a problem, that's all I know.
    Might have paid a grand total of 150€ for 6years... to keep my computer safe. This is nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Does anyone run anything on their phone?
    I just use the one that comes with DU Speed Booster (Optimizer), I've heard good things about Avira Antivirus Security but there are lots of decent ones:

AV-TEST Android