Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Buying PC games the first month they are out when they have no re sale value is just a money pit IMO. Even if there is a decent code on GMG you are still looking at $45 for the game.

Meanwhile if it's a game you need to play and beat in the release window you can get the console version for $60, with a $10 gift card at best buy then turn around and trade it in at gamestop for $43.50 in the release month. Net cost to 100% the game = $6.50.

Oh and then you can re buy it a year later on PC for sub $10 when it's actually patched and probably runs well to boot.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-10-04 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    Seems most of us have learned...if you wait a few months you can get all 4 for the price of 1

Deleted
    Oh I'll probably buy them when they're less than 10€ on steam in a year.

I've already picked up Shadow of Mordor and will be getting FFXIII and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as well.

I'll be getting Borderlands for sure.

I wish borderlands was going to xbox one/ps4. I could buy it on PC BUT..I stopped playing FPS on PC. I had a pretty serious hand injury that required two surgeries and even still my left hand won't be the same. Any time I play an FPS on PC my hand cramps up so I'm pretty much forced to use a controller in every game I play...While I know I could just play BL:PS with a controller on my PC I like playing games like that with friends and well all of them have gone to consoles due to not having to upgrade parts every few years and saving money on hardware(even though they know they spend the same or more on consoles over the course of the generation with games)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor are going to be taking up my time this winter... Maybe Evil Within if its any good... gonna be weary on that last one.

Getting a new PC first as mine is kind of out of date now. No point in upgrading, I just need a frikkin new PC lol as it'll cost cheaper haha. But once I get that sorted at the end of the month then I can play those games on it
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and that's pretty much it until next year probably :P
    Arukas

NBA2K15 and maybe Lords of the Fallen, if its good.

None of those interest me, particularly. The next game I'm pretty excited about is Farcry 4, but I'm not going to pick that up til the Steam Winter Sale at the earliest, and that's only if it's 50% off which is pretty unlikely. (Although Wolfenstein went 50% off for the Summer Sale when it was pretty new, so who knows?) I have such a Steam backlog to play over Christmas break (along with WoD) that I can't really justify paying full price for a game.

borderlands *3 got it for 2 friends that are allways broke sadly but i have a great time playing with them so its worth it , and the crew ( car race mmo that saddly got delayed 3 weeks but still i preordered beta was fun )