Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Nintendo has never had a good console.
    Ya because it not like the NES saved the entire home gaming market or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Gamecube sucked bad, its why nobody had one and nobody could pawn one.
    Not true at all. Loved mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Fuck Nintendo, I hope they go out of business.
    Woah man, you're so edgy and cool. How can I be like you?

Nintendo has never had a good console.
    I can really tell when people are 10+ years younger than me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    while I own a Wii U, it is not doing well at all. It is a financial disaster.
    Up until the Nintendo E3 presentation that was true at least. Not so sure about after that.

Honestly unless you're into murder simulators, right now the Wii U is more or less the only console worth buying.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    I think you are being hyperbolic.

Also, for what it's worth, Sakurai (the guy who is the lead behind the Smash Brothers games) said that the Wii U version has a delayed release because the debug team needed time to focus on each game individually.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Umm what exactly does the ps4/ xbone have that the Wii U doesn't? Halo? Farcry?... I don't know, I don't have any newgen console because PC master-race, but I think I'd rather have the Wii U than either of the other two, cause at least you can access your Netflix account for free. Also backwards compatibility is really tempting me, If the ps4 could play my ps3 games I already own, I would have bought one on launch day. Besides the 3ds is awesomesauce, even without these so called "Gimmicks" I think I will always rather have a Nintendo console, I mean come on 90% of ps4/ xbone exclusives are f.p.s., how boring is that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
    Umm what exactly does the ps4/ xbone have that the Wii U doesn't? Halo? Farcry?... I don't know, I don't have any newgen console because PC master-race, but I think I'd rather have the Wii U than either of the other two, cause at least you can access your Netflix account for free. Also backwards compatibility is really tempting me, If the ps4 could play my ps3 games I already own, I would have bought one on launch day. Besides the 3ds is awesomesauce, even without these so called "Gimmicks" I think I will always rather have a Nintendo console, I mean come on 90% of ps4/ xbone exclusives are f.p.s., how boring is that!?

PS4 doesn't require PS Plus to access Netflix; neither does PS3. I don't know if Xbox still does; I thought they were dropping requiring a Gold sub to watch Netflix. The only real feather the Wii U has is that it can play Wii games, which to me doesn't mean much since I only have a handful of Wii games. PS4/Xbox One may be FPS/action heavy but what does the Wii U have? Mario Kart? Mario World? Basically prettier versions of games we've already played. That's why the Wii U is in such terrible shape; apart from the Nintendo exclusives there isn't much in the way of third party support.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of a Wii U? People here seem to be really enforcing it, but isn't it all just the same games remade to be HD or what not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamecube was my favorite Nintendo console. The tiny discs, the Nintendo games, the durable little box, the intuitive controller design and it was the cheapest console of its generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    What is the point of a Wii U? People here seem to be really enforcing it, but isn't it all just the same games remade to be HD or what not?
    ^ This is why the Wii U is failing. People don't understand it's an entire new console.

To answer your question, no. It is as big a difference as any other console that comes out after its predecessor. I cannot fathom why they named it so that it sounded like just an upgraded Wii or some sort of Wii accessory, but it's an entire console that stands on its own.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Up until the Nintendo E3 presentation that was true at least. Not so sure about after that.

Honestly unless you're into murder simulators, right now the Wii U is more or less the only console worth buying.
    Googling around, last report I can find is about 6m units for the Wii U versus 10m for the PS4 and something in the region of 5m for XB1 (no official numbers).

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii.../1100-6419486/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...%29#Comparison
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/it-.../1100-6421798/

So like, not a disaster but nowhere near the original Wii, and disappointing given Nintendo was first to the plate this generation.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    my childhood was n64. gamecube was also solid. one of my favorites of all times was on gamecube(RE4)
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

N64 was probably the last good one.

I think Nintendo's biggest problem is they never found someone to fill in the gaps during droughts like Rare did during the N64 days.

Wii U is easily the best console from a pure gaming standpoint, unless you're primarily a FPS player.

But if you're a FPS enthusiast and you play on a console then you've sort of missed the point.

PC + Wii U is the best gaming combination, in my opinion. I've yet to see a single compelling reason to buy any PS or XBox; there are very few exclusives for those platforms that I'm interested in playing when compared to the extremely strong exclusive lineup Nintendo always has. Additionally, Nintendo's games are different and interesting, whereas most PS/XBox exclusives are just more of the same stuff I can already do on PC on far better hardware.

I actually quite like the Wii U controller, too. Wind Waker showed exactly what it's capable of when used in a non gimmicky way, and I enjoyed how it was used.

Wii u looks good. I'm thinking about getting one.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Hahaha.

No seriously... what games does the Wii U have? Do you like playing on an underpowered system with shitty online, no friends list, no voice chat? Nintendo is so anti online friendly it's not even funny. They literally design their console for kids, not adults.

I mean Jesus, I can't believe some of you still play on a Nintendo console. You are literally playing in a gaming desert with that thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
    I'm so tired of "well man it has backwards compatibility, so its good."

Who the fuck cares about backwards compatibility. Why is this such a big deal for people to the point where it becomes a dealbreaker whether you're getting the console or not?

If you want to play old games, play them on the console they were meant for. Why is this such an issue? I personally rarely ever go back to my old games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    while I own a Wii U, it is not doing well at all. It is a financial disaster.
    Its not doing as well as its predecessor, but calling it a 'disaster' is too much. It's still doing better than the xbox one, and its highly anticipated games are finally coming out. The PS4 is simply the go-to console for the hardcores this time around. Meanwhile Nintendo still has billions of dollars, and they are using those billions of dollars to try to expand the gaming industry to be more than it already is. They tried this last gen with the motion control Wii (which sony and microsoft then proceeded to copy), and it was a smashing success becoming one of the best selling consoles of all time. This time they tried the gamepad and the Wii U isn't doing so well.

Fortunately, Nintendo is able to innovate and attempt to shake things up in the console market like this. They are the ones with the money and innovation to try new things and take chances. Sony and microsoft just make consoles with better graphics and then they wait for ques from when Nintendo gets something really right to tack that gimmick on to their consoles (like ps-move and the kinect in response to Wii motion controls).

Let's also not forget that microsoft and sony are NOT game developers. Nintendo on the other hand is the most successful game developer in the business. Name one game company that has produced a fraction of the number of good successful games that Nintendo has.

Nintendo is still leading the gaming industry, despite their latest console not being hyper successful for the few couple years of its life span. Sony and microsoft just flail behind them making consoles and letting other companies do the real work by making the games that actually give their consoles sales.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Gamecube sucked bad, its why nobody had one and nobody could pawn one. N64 was the last good system they had. Everything else has either been an up and failure or is the wii where its strictly for kids and the old folks home.
    only people who seem to complain about gamecube are the ones who never played Eternal Darkness and Pikmin and the GC Metroid games I could be stranded on an island for the rest of my life with those games Gamecube had lots of good games Wind Waker is also in there I know the "cartoony" look scared alot of people off but it's still an awesome game.

Hahaha.

No seriously... what games does the Wii U have? Do you like playing on an underpowered system with shitty online, no friends list, no voice chat? Nintendo is so anti online friendly it's not even funny. They literally design their console for kids, not adults.

I mean Jesus, I can't believe some of you still play on a Nintendo console. You are literally playing in a gaming desert with that thing.
    Online? Friends list? Voice chat? We have computers for that. I'll buy a Nintendo console to actually play games, instead of chatting with friends or screaming into a microphone because somebody just knifed me in CoD. Besides, the Wii U's online isn't really that bad at all. Plus, its free.

I'm so tired of "well man it has backwards compatibility, so its good."

Who the fuck cares about backwards compatibility. Why is this such a big deal for people to the point where it becomes a dealbreaker whether you're getting the console or not?

If you want to play old games, play them on the console they were meant for. Why is this such an issue? I personally rarely ever go back to my old games.
    Because LOTS of people sell their old consoles for cash to buy new consoles. Not to mention it allows players who don't own old consoles to actually get to play games from those old consoles without having to buy those consoles.

When your past consoles still boast better gaming libraries than your new consoles (as with playstation), not including backwards compatibility in some way, shape or form is pretty much shooting yourself in the foot.

Nintendo aims to preserve gaming, and their masterpieces that they released on older consoles. Playstation and microsoft seem to always be stuck in the present, even though most of their blockbusters are either in the form of rehashed shooters or roster updates.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-09-29 at 04:17 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer