Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    I also have the strong feeling that this hero engine shit is what, pretty much, killed/maimed TOR, i fucking LOVED TOR for a good while after it came out, the zones were nice, combat felt so satisfying and smooth, PvP was great, and it had lots of awesome shit like crafting via crew members etc.

But that fucking engine... i just couldn't handle those insane load times any more, the pop-in, weird ass shader bugs, issues with god damn input lag (WTF was that button shit supposed to be, half your abilities wouldn't register and the other half would register after you finished your whole rotation god dammit), obscene CPU/GPU stress compared to what was actually going on in-game (i.e nothing), and lots of other stuff.

TOR itself, i enjoyed a lot, and i was ready to swap from WoW to it, but the fucking engine was/is just too much, it makes it unbearable at best and infuriating at worst.

Sure, it's a bit better now, but that's too little too late.

Worst of all, we fucking knew it was going to turn out this way, long before the first beta waves went out and some rumors appeared about TOR using some shitty engine - it's just typical for EA to fuck things up.
    What do you mean 'we'?

It seems that one of the biggest injuries caused to the game was by the players and the hype machine:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-s-TOR-review

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    What do you mean 'we'?

It seems that one of the biggest injuries caused to the game was by the players and the hype machine:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-s-TOR-review
    It’s against the forum rules to really go into comparisons, but I think the hype problem really was a big one for The Old Republic; but it’s not the only victim. I think it happens because a lot of people have fallen out of love with Blizzard and World of Warcraft thanks to lazy design, and are desperate to see something else do well. Take a look at WildStar, another perfectly good game, but has effectively crashed because players generally don’t like super-hardcore games – and never did. That hype is effectively designed to get people into the new game and at least give it a try.

I think BioWare went a bit far with Star Wars, however, and the dud engine was the one thing that put people off. I’ve been playing a bit of Warlords of Draenor, and there’s no doubt that the responsiveness is just so much better despite the fact that (to me) Star Wars is actually the superior game in terms of design.

Deleted
    I've just seen the new SW Battlefront with Frostbite engine... is just stunning on all levels, just imagine SWTOR with that engine...

This stupid engine couldn't even handle chat bubbles, thus knee-kapping the RP experience. Very disappointed...