5 assasin creed games announced this year

another one has just been announced.

5 in one year.

only around 2 zeldas per console.

dat bias
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Take an IP.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeze it like a sponge for every little drop its worth.
    Then wonder why people begin to hate the franchise.

Deleted
    Will there be any climbing to the top of very tall and equally spaced towers, then getting a camera zoom out and spin, before diving off into a very conveniently placed soft thing? If not, I shall be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account

Apparently someone with access has uploaded gameplay here, seems to be a mobile game, could be fun to play for a while i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Apparently someone with access has uploaded gameplay here, seems to be a mobile game, could be fun to play for a while i guess.
    Doesnt look bad for a mobile game. But mobile games only tend to keep my interest for 5 minutes and then i realise i hate playing on a small screen with bad controls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Doesnt look bad for a mobile game. But mobile games only tend to keep my interest for 5 minutes and then i realise i hate playing on a small screen with bad controls
    True, although I guess it requires one with a GPU. Speaking of AC games though, the only one I loved was 4. Wish they'd make more open world ones with RPG elements instead of mostly linear action ones.

Ubisoft already has like a Black Flag app. This doesn't surprise me and doesn't seem like much.

Assassin's Creed 2 was cool, along with Brotherhood. After it became apparent that they were going to adapt CoD's strategy of regurgitating as much shit as possible in as short of a time frame as they can, I stopped caring about the franchise.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Assassin's Creed 2 was cool, along with Brotherhood. After it became apparent that they were going to adapt CoD's strategy of regurgitating as much shit as possible in as short of a time frame as they can, I stopped caring about the franchise.
    AC2/Brootherhood/revelations were really good. AC3 completely sucked. AC4 was really damn good. Cant wait for unity.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one irked by Ubisofts representation of some Italian cities. Like, how horribly inaccurate they are...? Florence had to be the worse in AC2. Ugh.

I personally stopped at AC2, i found the first to be a good original addition to the industry. The second built upon the success of the first, polishing it to a near perfect. Their idea of innovation for the 3rd was to add more weapons, tools and mini games. The stealth aspect of the game is also dreadful in my opinion.

At least they haven't started naming their games generic names like Retribution, revenge, legacy, rearmed, or chronicles to speak of a few generic ending for game titles.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as people keep buying em, they'll keep farting em out.

Ubisoft knows that the little children's parents will inevitably give in to the constantly begging, whining and tantrums when they say "NO", so of course they are going to capitalize on attitude of "Gimme it now!" that plagues this sadistic generation.

...five? That's a lot. I guess that means the franchise will go down the Call of Duty route.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    ...five? That's a lot. I guess that means the franchise will go down the Call of Duty route.
    'Will'?
    It has already done so for the last several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    AC2/Brootherhood/revelations were really good. AC3 completely sucked. AC4 was really damn good. Cant wait for unity.
    I am way more excited for Rogue then Unity. Get to play as a Templar and more naval action. Plus, there will be missions where you will be hunted by Assassins. Sounds really cool.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Take an IP.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeze it like a sponge for every little drop its worth.
    Then wonder why people begin to hate the franchise.
    revelations was my favotire. did not like AC3 story or ship stuff, or homestead stuff. then ac4 was even worse with so much ship stuff. ac5 i hope returns to the roots.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only gamers get tired of the things they like. In other hobbies peopleaare find with the fundamentals staying the same ie pretty much every sport in existence, movie franchises, hell even basket weaving. But with gamers God forbid you still to the fundamentals of your brand, your accused of being boring and stagnant.

If I hear another person complain about COD/AC/FF/whatever sticking to the fundamentals of their games I'm going to go crazy.

I love the aspect of getting to run around the ancient cities and areas of earth back in the day. I really enjoyed the naval gameplay too. What I don't enjoy is the obvious milking of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If I hear another person complain about COD/AC/FF/whatever sticking to the fundamentals of their games I'm going to go crazy.
    Personally, I feel it's more about the fact that they keep publishing these games every year, give or take, while no technological progress is being made, in terms of graphics, performance, handling, etc. The difference between Quake up to Quake 3 was quite clear. There was a reason to make a second and a third. Hell, if CoD was released once every three years, there would be a reason to make that game, but it's become a milk cow and it keeps being easily digested. That is why some (me included) consider CoD one of the problems with the gaming branch. It's not about the fundamentals/archetype of a game, it's the fact that annual release has become mandatory, so that their respective publisher/developer can collect all the green that's coming from it, while it doesn't actually offer a re-newed experience.