Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Currently you can't get past Thorim (Ulduar) if you're not a pet class, and if you can't heal you won't get past Valithria Dreamwalker (ICC).
    a mage has done valithra solo so any class can do it, he used the leg healing cloak combined with the iron jugg trinket, it took a while to do but it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I already gold capped invincible about a year ago, I will do the same if mim's head pops up. I don't care about any of the panda snake mounts, they look ugly as fuck. Zulian tiger is just another tiger mount and plagued proto is just another proto drake.
    To each their own. I would consider it foolish to buy a mount you can still farm over something that can only be obtained from the BMAH.

Deleted
    Just get the mounts when they were current content, then not have to worry about dropping gold cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I guess you missed the part where the door between valithria and sindragosa will be permanently open from patch 6.0.2 onwards.

Proof if you want it: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...r-patch-notes/
    I guess you missed the part where he says CURRENTLY... Yea, I know it's hard to notice it at the very beginning of the sentence.

Currently you can't get past Thorim (Ulduar) if you're not a pet class, and if you can't heal you won't get past Valithria Dreamwalker (ICC).

**specific encounter fixes that are introduced in 6.0 all these concern will go away. You'll be able to fully farm them.**

At level 100 this will be largely the case with Cata raids as well.

It's 954k gold to cap the bid on the BMAH, because then the minimum increase puts it above 999k, meaning that you can't be out-bid any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I guess you missed the part where he says CURRENTLY... Yea, I know it's hard to notice it at the very beginning of the sentence.
    Except for the fact that you and the person claiming it's not possible to solo Thorim as a non-pet class are wrong. Dreamwalker can be healed by a variety of non-healing classes but can be skipped. Doing Thorim without a reset/auto-death and skipping Dreamwalker require Engineering.

People really should check the various soloing threads in the class forums before asking if something can or can't be done.

Saving all my gold for Elegon's mount as I've been soloing LK for the past year.

Don't spend the money. Even if you're a pro at making Gold burning that much is a little insane.

Keep farming them, and spend the money on something else in Warlords. They'll be new stuff on the BMAH as well, so save it.

Deleted
    With WoD, Mimiron's head will be at least as easy to farm and thus common as the Al'Ar mount and/or Onyxian drake are now. Now ask yourself: Would you drop goldcap on those?

Deleted
    zulian mounts = multiple gold caps. in the blink of an eye.
    shit robot head crap i wouldn't even drop 1g on.

and if you can't heal you won't get past Valithria Dreamwalker (ICC).
    Engineers can use their Goblin Gliders to bug through the wall after fighting the Bloodqueen and get directly to Sindragosa, skipping Valithria entirely.
    I think I've read something similar about warlocks.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2014-10-02 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Didn't blizzard state that Thorim will be soloable, since he won't despawn if there's nobody in his arena - at least I'm pretty sure I saw that change mentioned.
    he's already soloable now

In the words of bailon greyjoy - Pay the iron price for Mimi and invincible, save your gold for unobtainable stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    In the words of bailon greyjoy - Pay the iron price for Mimi and invincible, save your gold for unobtainable stuff.
    Agree that is normally the better option but some of us have been farming those mounts for years and are sick of them never dropping.
    I will at least make someone else pay a hefty price for them if they ever show up on the bmah on my server

Deleted
    I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned opportunity cost.
    Which is the most cost effective for you?

Time it takes you to get a mount on average= 1
    Time it takes you to earn enough from extra work to sell TCG and cap =2
    Time it takes you to earn 956k on AH and cap= 3

For most people, 2 is often the most economical way of getting a mount as long as you can find work that fits around your schedule and pays reasonably. For anyone who earns 15k+ profit an hour, 3 is likely to be the best option. However, most people don't want to work IRL to get stuff in games and prefer to try their chances and so think 1 is the best option. It depends entirely on you.
    Last edited by mmoc8bcf5fdfb0; 2014-10-03 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nukedtheinsane View Post
    I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned opportunity cost. Let me elaborate. I'm terrible at maths, but I have nearly all of the drop mounts in game so hear me out. I'd say the average amount of runs I do for a mount lingers around 200. That's an 86% chance of seeing it drop. Now, say you get save, fly there, do run, etc, we'll say it takes 25 minutes in total. If that sounds about right, thats about 83 hours in ICC. Now I don't know about you, but for me earning 950k in 83 hours is not that difficult, especially since I can do it whenever I want and I don't have lockouts limiting me on how much I can do.

That being said, I'm currently on 320 runs, I could have easily made 950k by now if I didn't bother with ICC. But I enjoy the fight. Stupid mount.

On a further note, if you took a second job that paid £8 an hour, in 63 hours you could buy a spectral tiger card which on many realms would net you around 1.2m, so you save 20 hours and come out 200k richer. But it depends how much you want it and whether or not you would be willing to work IRL to get something on wow in less time :P
    What, are you flying on a 150% speed mount and getting more than one Frostmourne transition? Back in ToT I was beating Heroic LK 2-3 minutes before the Enrage timer and Dalaran isn't that far away from ICC. Nowadays certain classes are killing him in 5 minutes, depending on gear.

That aside, I get your point about opportunity cost. However, unless you have enough gold on hand to purchase every mount you're missing with gold cap in WoD, you should not buy the stuff you can still farm before the unobtainable stuff as you never know when the unobtainable stuff will be getting posted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    What, are you flying on a 150% speed mount and getting more than one Frostmourne transition? Back in ToT I was beating Heroic LK 2-3 minutes before the Enrage timer and Dalaran isn't that far away from ICC. Nowadays certain classes are killing him in 5 minutes, depending on gear.

That aside, I get your point about opportunity cost. However, unless you have enough gold on hand to purchase every mount you're missing with gold cap in WoD, you should not buy the stuff you can still farm before the unobtainable stuff as you never know when the unobtainable stuff will be getting posted.
    No, the extra time is usually the time it takes to get the save sorted, it was a generous estimate though and I get your point. And honestly, with my realm I could get capped multiple times before what I want comes up (BMAH is terrible). Also I have changed my post - for the better I think
    Last edited by mmoc8bcf5fdfb0; 2014-10-03 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A smart person wouldn't spend much on a mount that can be easily farmed.

This goes for the World boss mounts too since you can just farm them on alts in a world tour and the loot is personal.

That doesn't mean a smart person is always rational when he/she sees them on the BMAH.

Only gold cap mount I would buy is the Black Proto-Drake which currently isn't on the BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    A smart person wouldn't spend much on a mount that can be easily farmed.

This goes for the World boss mounts too since you can just farm them on alts in a world tour and the loot is personal.

That doesn't mean a smart person is always rational when he/she sees them on the BMAH.

Only gold cap mount I would buy is the Black Proto-Drake which currently isn't on the BMAH.
    Really? I mean REALLY? you consider the world boss mounts easy drops? the drop chance is at around 1/10000 , i have a friend that farmed like after 3-4 months in MoP with 17 alts the world bosses.She got 1 - the Nalak one. World boss mounts will be an instant gold cap in the BMAH and there is nothing unusual about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Really? I mean REALLY? you consider the world boss mounts easy drops? the drop chance is at around 1/10000 , i have a friend that farmed like after 3-4 months in MoP with 17 alts the world bosses.She got 1 - the Nalak one. World boss mounts will be an instant gold cap in the BMAH and there is nothing unusual about it.
    I can't see in a million years why people would spend gold cap on these world boss mounts, they don't have any special good looks, you would most likely never use them either, only mounts worth spending gold cap on is Invincible and Mimiron's Head imo, but that's just my 2 cents.