View Poll Results: Which STAR TREK show had the best series finale?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • TNG: All Good Things...

14 66.67%
  • DS9: What You Leave Behind

3 14.29%
  • VOY: Endgame

3 14.29%
  • ENT: These Are The Voyages

1 4.76%
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Which STAR TREK show had the best series finale?

I personally voted for DS9. (I know, surprise surprise.) This one had me on the verge of tears... particularly in the show's last 10 minutes when each character got a brief montage of memorable moments from the series. It really conveyed the sense that while most of these characters were still alive and well, that we'd never see them again and that the show was over. Powerful stuff.

In contrast, the series finale for ENT was a hot mess. I liked the show a lot (second favorite after DS9) and I thought the show deserved a better send off.

DS9's finale had the most impact; the hero of the story doesn't [I]quite[/I] make it home alright. You have to include the 6 precursor episodes in it though, since it was a 7 parter.

TNG's ending was also great; loved it all the way through; quality stand alone Star Trek adventure.

Voy's ender was steroytpical Voy episode; "Bullcrap episode that held so much potential..."

ENT was "What dafaq?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though DS9 is by far my favorite series and the finale is great, I think I have to vote for TNG. It was just so great. Part of that may be because it focused on the single best thing about TNG, Picard.

DS9 series finale was awesome but im going to have to go with TNG all good things.

Mainly cause of how awesome picard and Q was in that finale.

All Good Things was a good episode so I voted that. DS9 finale was good too.

Voyager finale felt a bit forced but I guess it worked and Enterprise set up the story like it was always meant to but it wasn't a great episode or anything.

I remember feeling let down by TNG and I have a deep soft spot for VOY, despite how dreadful is so clearly is, so I went there.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'm kinda torn on this one. TNG's finale was, I think, better as a stand alone episode, but DS9's entire run up to the end was epic. I'd say TNG for the final episode, DS9 for the final season.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    All good things.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who votes ENT needs to be shot. I actually threw away all the DVDs after watching the ending >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's easier to answer which was the worst: ENT had the most horrible ending, most of the last episodes was quite bad. It was sad really. I liked the series as a whole and it had some very interesting and good episodes. The series could have been so much better and it was really picking up steam after a few seasons and then it just fell flat on its face.

Beyond that I think it mostly depend on which Trek you like the most -- I personally prefer TNG (Q is awesome) over DS9 so I think that episode was superior even tho DS9 was very good. VOY was just like the rest of that series -- uninspired.

Deleted
    TNG was a good episode, but not really the best ending.

DS9 was a good ending. The build up and everything.

I actually liked Voyager (kind of a love-hate thing), it had some really good moments, but so much wasted potential and attempts to be "funny" that failed hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Anyone who votes ENT needs to be shot. I actually threw away all the DVDs after watching the ending >.>
    I never made it that far, gave up on that shit way before the ending was in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont make me choose between DS9 and TNG... TNG had Q but DS9 is DS9... I CANT CHOOSE!!!
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    They all suck because they all ended a show I loved. :/

Deleted
    Closing. There is a thread for Star Trek http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ar-Trek-series