Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    That's because the stat values change when you re-gem, gem for mastery and crit will end up on top, gem for crit and mastery will be the best. ShC will switch between the two extremes, while the best setup is somewhere in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86
    I really don't know what to gem at patch day and what to play for optimal performance
    Here's why I was asking Well, now it's clear that Sub is ahead (btw is it also the case in AE situation like it seems to be in WoD?) and I suppose gemming crit and crit/mastery is the way to go.

Updates to combat:

It's a significant gain to begin refreshing Crimson Tempest at 3 or more targets, this gain naturally gets larger with more targets. Combat once again king of AoE.

To do:

Fix the mess that is the Assassination profile - it's ugly, hard to read, and I refuse to believe it's even close to optimal on multiple targets.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    We've told a million times that shadowcraft is not a DPS tool.

Thanks for all the work you put into this Ryme!

actions.finisher+=/crimson_tempest,if=active_enemies>2&dot.crimson_tempest_dot.ticks_remain<=1
    actions.finisher+=/crimson_tempest,if=active_enemies>4

This part of the code leads me to believe that if there are 3-4 targets you use crimson tempest to maintain the debuff on the targets, and evis if the debuff is up and doesnt need to be refreshed. While if there is 5 or more targets you use Crimson Tempest as your main cp spender.

Is this correct, or have I misunderstood something?

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charissa View Post

actions.finisher+=/crimson_tempest,if=active_enemies>2&dot.crimson_tempest_dot.ticks_remain<=1

This part of the code leads me to believe that if there are 3-4 targets you use crimson tempest to maintain the debuff on the targets, and evis if the debuff is up and doesnt need to be refreshed. While if there is 5 or more targets you use Crimson Tempest as your main cp spender.

Cheers!
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    CDS
    Shadow Dance/Reflection (pool to ~70-80 energy)
    Vanish (pool energy (45-75) if you're not in dance, or have FW up or MoS)
    Prep (on GCD so don't use if you're gonna miss an attack in FW or SD etc, best used when vanish cd > 1 min)

Generate CPs
    Hemo if you have to hit from front, keep up the dot otherwise
    Backstab as main single target builder

Finishers
    S&D if < 4 seconds remains
    Rupture, can refresh < 8 seconds
    Eviscerate to dump spare CPs

AoE:
    FoK becomes primary builder > 1 target
    If 3 or less targets, keep Rupture up on them
    Roll Crimson Tempest dot at 3-4 targets
    Crimson Tempest replaces Eviscerate at 5 or more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Charissa View Post

Cheers!
    Whoops, that's an old profile! It's actually more significant than that -

Keep Crimson Tempest up on two targets, replace Eviscerate with Crimson Tempest for 3 or more targets.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    ryme do you have a link to the simcraft from the last page? (where i can look for the profile)

Quote Originally Posted by monkey2211 View Post
    ryme do you have a link to the simcraft from the last page? (where i can look for the profile)
    The T16 ones?
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    yes the one for soo with 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Whoops, that's an old profile! It's actually more significant than that -

Keep Crimson Tempest up on two targets, replace Eviscerate with Crimson Tempest for 3 or more targets.
    Realistic you dont have enought time to do anything else other than refresh CT if you have Blade Flurry on. Why in the world did they buf sub back to overpowered numbers ? They nerfed it exactly cause it was overpowered and than they progressively unerfed it back to beeing overpowered... go figure.

So what weapons do you want as sub? Please tell me daggers :P
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Realistic you dont have enought time to do anything else other than refresh CT if you have Blade Flurry on. Why in the world did they buf sub back to overpowered numbers ? They nerfed it exactly cause it was overpowered and than they progressively unerfed it back to beeing overpowered... go figure.
    Overpowered in group play. It did nothing for solo play which should tell you they have absolutely no idea what they're doing with Sub (and Rogue in general)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So what weapons do you want as sub? Please tell me daggers :P
    Yes. 2 Daggers. Preferably those from Oregorger.

Edit: he was just ranting I guess. Thought he was confused with the comment he quoted.. My b.

On topic: crying because subs so good at 100, and I won't ever get a good dagger, or possibly make it to 100 by the time they nerf sub
    Last edited by lifteez; 2014-10-14 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Quote Originally Posted by lifteez View Post
    They were refering to subs multi target, atleast that is what context clues on naira's response says.
    Nope Blizzard nerfed sub cause it was massively overperforming in every aspect (the same day they nerfed feral). They kept feral nerfed and buffed sub right back to where it was before the nerf. So they admited it was overpowered and than buffed it back into beeing overpowered, they are smart like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Overpowered in group play. It did nothing for solo play which should tell you they have absolutely no idea what they're doing with Sub (and Rogue in general)
    - - - Updated - - -

They never balance to soloplay, it would be nice to have sub working on solo but if they balance around the fact you cant backstab enemies on the wild the spec will be the god of all DPS on raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about being overpowered. That's a new one.

Deleted
    Don't forget it's bad to be overpowered since it'll get fixed sooner or later... Take warlocks for instance... they nerfed them after mere 24 months...

Let's hope for laters guys ;-)

It always results in knee jerk overnerfs once the other classes start crying about it. Remeber firemage on tier 14 ? It also locks everybody from that class on a single spec wich is not fun at all, like combat on SoOg right now.

Deleted
    No wonder Blizz is not gonna take our advice seriously, we have left them wondering what we want. Combat is OP? NERF, we are sick of Combat! Sub OP? Nerf! we are sick of positional requirements!

*continues to play mindless zero skill auto turret gameplay called Assassination, yawn*

I just tried Sub in PTR, and I gotta say, its still as awesome as it has always been. Without a doubt atm my favourite playstyle in the game hands down. Skills feel like they really reward you, instead of feeling like an automated turret hitting like wet noodle. Ambush and Eviscerate feels vanilla again for once...

- - - Updated - - -

It always results in knee jerk overnerfs once the other classes start crying about it. Remeber firemage on tier 14 ? It also locks everybody from that class on a single spec wich is not fun at all, like combat on SoOg right now.
    Naw son! Everyone and their mother were complaining about Locks all xpansion long, not a single damn was given by blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    I just tried Sub in PTR, and I gotta say, its still as awesome as it has always been. Without a doubt atm my favourite playstyle in the game hands down. Skills feel like they really reward you, instead of feeling like an automated turret hitting like wet noodle. Ambush and Eviscerate feels vanilla again for once...
    YES DAMNIT! Finally someone thinks like me. I love Sub right now. It actually feels good. (The only annoying thing being positional requirement)

Deleted
    YES DAMNIT! Finally someone thinks like me. I love Sub right now. It actually feels good. (The only annoying thing being positional requirement)
    Now don't starting throwing molotov cocktails at me or bringing me to the sacrificial altar just because I'm gonna say this,,, but Sub positional requirements have only ever been an issue in solo play. Aside from that, its fine in PvP and high end PvE. Lets say that they do remove the positional requirement, will they also reduce the dmg to compensate? I don't know blizzards design pilosophy behind this, but that would seem logical. We are the only class with a positional requirement after patch, is blizz not prepared to reward our effort?