Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's worth noting that assassination, as far as I can tell now, has always been slightly ahead of combat in terms of sims - the profile was the only thing holding it back. Of course, it's easily conceivable that the other profiles still need more tuning, as always I encourage people to take any of the profiles, make tweaks and see if you can get something back which is performing better.

Don't be too put off by the length of the sub profile, it's not too scary once you sink your teeth into it!
    Your APL is about 1.6% better than the current default APL, most of what was holding assassination down was tier/trinket balancing in t17 from what I can tell, but the APL probably wasn't helping. Here's hoping assassination stays #1 ST, makes my life 10x easier.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Your APL is about 1.6% better than the current default APL, most of what was holding assassination down was tier/trinket balancing in t17 from what I can tell, but the APL probably wasn't helping. Here's hoping assassination stays #1 ST, makes my life 10x easier.
    "10x boring" you meant. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    "10x boring" you meant. :P
    Do not use Anticipation until you have the 4p T18 bonus and you will see it is not boring and not that easy to optimize.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    sweet back to using mfd- i was bursting 80k in highmaul with that setup cant wait to use it again

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Certainly that's what's pushed Assassination out into current pack leader, but the profile was beating combat at the end of the previous tier as well (just need to adjust combo point conditions to not expect constant crits).
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...18M_20104.html

Even if it's a bit lower than Ryme's SimC and only a fist preview, it seems we'll stay a "middle-of-the-pack" hero this time around... Don't know we've done to Blizzard this expansion to deserve such a treatment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post

Even if it's a bit lower than Ryme's SimC and only a fist preview, it seems we'll stay a "middle-of-the-pack" hero this time around... Don't know we've done to Blizzard this expansion to deserve such a treatment
    Thank you for the comparison. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Now that we can see how the specs stand, it's quite easy to see why arcane mages needed buffing their T18 set bonuses some more.... wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    Thank you for the comparison. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Now that we can see how the specs stand, it's quite easy to see why arcane mages needed buffing their T18 set bonuses some more.... wait, what?
    I have faith.

Why though, I have no idea. Least we aren't paladins based on these numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post

Where is sub's profile?

Also, quarter of Assa's and Feral's damage is trinket.
    Last edited by Lorentz; 2015-06-08 at 03:27 PM.

Arcane Mage xD
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    Also, quarter of Assa's and Feral's damage is trinket.
    And? I don't think you understand how the trinket works.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I may have missed something, but last night I was checking the damage breakdown for assasination (live) and my Envenom EACH try was max (crit) 79041 damage. Just always this fixed value as max crit. Anyone knows why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    And? I don't think you understand how the trinket works.
    Wait.. Does "Stored" mean that char deals 0 damage to enemies when buff is up?
    Last edited by Lorentz; 2015-06-09 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    Wait.. Does "Stored" mean that char deals 0 damage to enemies when buff is up?
    Yes, you store all the damage and then explode for 130% or whatever of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Since all PTR patches are now going to be RC does that mean that class "balancing" is done and rogues are doomed to mediocrity in terms of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Since all PTR patches are now going to be RC does that mean that class "balancing" is done and rogues are doomed to mediocrity in terms of damage?
    That patch that will add flying is probably have some balancing but I wouldn't hold my breath..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Still, we are not retribution paladins. Difference between arcane mage and retribution is currently over 50%

Since were on release builds I'm guessing they aren't going to fix this

Sanguinary Vein

"Sanguinary Vein now causes the Rogue to deal 30% more damage to targets affected by Rupture (up from 25%)." was in the notes from the start but that is all that ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have an idea of how we fare against Ferals according to sims? The last sim I saw yesterday, Mutilate as mid pack on Single Target, with Sub no where to be seen. All while all 3 mage specs were in the top 10.

I 100% dislike the Mutilate play style, always have, and by the looks of it, Mutilate is going to be our Single Target spec with Combat being the go to spec with any type of cleave. I have a Feral/Boomkin geared as well, but I really need to figure out where Feral sits against Rogues in terms of HFC.

Deleted
    Mages always looks great on paper tho. There are very few fights they can just stand there and nuke 100%. Melee generaly have a higher uptime on bosses specially if your a rogue. :s