15+ Year Old Account

Smile Help My Shaman (Resto)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mblvr/advanced

With 6.0 and WOD rapidly approaching I've started working on my shaman again to level her up and possibly get her geared enough to start doing Garrosh Flex. I've geared her and started running flex raids (still no Garrosh kill on her yet though). My problem is that I feel under geared or under performing in raids since I started regemming & reforging according to AMR and this website. I'm at 8.13% haste (13.13% with a spell haste buff) and my crit is at 23.27% & mastery is at 53.86%. AMR has 2 builds: mastery or crit. I went with the crit build because when I was reforging & stuff on my own I went with haste/int gems in reds & yellows and int/spirit in blues and was dropping mana tide on CD to get mana back (granted this was when I had crappier gear on too). I've been told our mastery is not worth gemming & reforging into and overall not that great in the first place. That's another reason why I chose the crit build. Now I just feel that my cast times are long as can be & everyone else is getting the heal off before me.

I guess what I'm asking is what should I be doing? Should I go back to a larger haste build than I currently have or should I just go mastery or what? HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mblvr/advanced

With 6.0 and WOD rapidly approaching I've started working on my shaman again to level her up and possibly get her geared enough to start doing Garrosh Flex. I've geared her and started running flex raids (still no Garrosh kill on her yet though). My problem is that I feel under geared or under performing in raids since I started regemming & reforging according to AMR and this website. I'm at 8.13% haste (13.13% with a spell haste buff) and my crit is at 23.27% & mastery is at 53.86%. AMR has 2 builds: mastery or crit. I went with the crit build because when I was reforging & stuff on my own I went with haste/int gems in reds & yellows and int/spirit in blues and was dropping mana tide on CD to get mana back (granted this was when I had crappier gear on too). I've been told our mastery is not worth gemming & reforging into and overall not that great in the first place. That's another reason why I chose the crit build. Now I just feel that my cast times are long as can be & everyone else is getting the heal off before me.

I guess what I'm asking is what should I be doing? Should I go back to a larger haste build than I currently have or should I just go mastery or what? HELP PLEASE
    Crit build manually dropping the value of mastery, the only worst mastery than ours is the mistweaver one, also if you feel like you're ending with too much mana at the end of the fights drop a bit the value of spirit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

here is my shammy us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Enixmax/simple

but u cant have the same stats what i usally tell my raiders for resto shammys only need about 12k spirit 13k with a flask once u hit that mark and reforge every to crit gem for int - crit and spirt -crit or straight crit ..... in 6.0 ur stats will change i have a straight int build and seems to be working every well til i hit lvl 100 but use my build and stats only as an exmaple u wont have the same crit and haste

so all ur gems u have int/spirit change to int/crit and ur meta get the crit meta gem as well reforge ur spirit in gem to crit and mastery to haste
    but make sure ur spirit stay at about 12k
    Last edited by enixmax; 2014-10-04 at 12:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enixmax View Post

but u cant have the same stats what i usally tell my raiders for resto shammys only need about 12k spirit 13k with a flask once u hit that mark and reforge every to crit gem for int - crit and spirt -crit or straight crit ..... in 6.0 ur stats will change i have a straight int build and seems to be working every well til i hit lvl 100 but use my build and stats only as an exmaple u wont have the same crit and haste

so all ur gems u have int/spirit change to int/crit and ur meta get the crit meta gem as well reforge ur spirit in gem to crit and mastery to haste
    I noticed that you're sitting around 30 something haste unbuffed. Should I be going for more haste than 12.5% raid buffed?
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2014-10-05 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I noticed that you're sitting around 30 something haste unbuffed. Should I be going for more haste than 12.5% raid buffed?
    There are numerous haste caps to hit (gear dependent), if I were you I would reforge/gem as high on Haste to the nearest haste cap as your gear will allow without going OOM. This will take some playing around to find out.

Currently a heavy Crit build is best to use for end game content. Reforge Mast and Spirit (once you are comfortable with your mana) to crit.

Here is a nice guide for you.

Here is a link to my Armory
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2014-10-06 at 05:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now, resto shaman mastery is less than worthless in a raid setting, because if someone goes under 90% for more than a GCD they're probably going to be 1-shot. However, 6.0 is going to drastically change things, and MAY make our mastery worthwhile again. If people don't have to sit at 100% health all the time, then our mastery is very valuable. But in the MOP age of spamming highest throughput spells and not caring about mana, and having absorb healers be overpowered, having mastery on our gear is about as worthwhile as having agility. Right now, our best stats are haste up to a certain point, and then crit crit crit.

I'm hoping they've retuned SOO in 6.0 so that it won't be the AOE smart healing monstrosity it is now, but time will tell. We'll know in 8 days.

Re-roll to another healing class best advice you will get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enixmax View Post

Please don't use spirit flasks. Intellect is far superior. Remember that you have mana tide totem! Don't forget to use it.
    For sockets I use the following:
    yellow: crit
    blue: spirit + crit
    red: int + crit

Restoration shaman haste breakpoints. Go for the highest haste cap you can comfortably reach in your gear. You should not drop crit in favor of haste.
    Don't bother upgrading the trinket from nazgrim, it's the worst around this tier. I'd definitely suggest going for Prismatic Prison of Pride (Sha of Pride) and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity (Siegecrafter Blackfuse).

Last time I played my resto seriously (around 8 months ago) it was reach the 7643 hbp (I forget the exact number tbh) then go for crit, with spirit around 13k. My question is @ around 566 ilvl should I be looking @ around 12300 haste break point? I've been tanking since last I played my healer, but with patch 6.0 coming soon I'll be heading back onto my shaman as we are short on healers.

me - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aline/advanced

Should I look to change anything or has nothing changed much in the last 8 or so months?
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

10+ Year Old Account
    show us some logs you might be missing a key bit to the spec if you feel like you're underperforming. for example i notice you're not running very mana friendly glyphs, telluric currents and recall glyph (for HST) could be a great way for you to get more healing out of your mana pool as well as allowing you to trade some spirit (i think you have a lot for flex) for more crit or even reaching a further haste point, but probably just more crit. and not having meta gem will hurt you as well in this area.

also i'm not a huge believer in echo of the elements for healing. it's probably the most powerful in theory but more likely it's going to overheal and not provide much assistance in the grand scheme of things. i tend to stick with swiftness and save it for picking up one of the healers/tanks if necessary. or a snap chain heal for whatever reason. i don't have much to comment on the 20 second haste cooldown sorry.

and one last thing i would probably trade that valor trinket for the timeless isle one. the on use lines up so well with mana tide totem it's really got killer value.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2014-10-07 at 01:55 PM.

Hello. First things first and that is if you're seriously considering playing your Resto. Shaman, it would be best to research the class/spec. more. Go over your spells/talents/glyphs and try to make sense of their benefits and when/how to use them.

The glyph of Water Shield isn't ideal on most fights, but could be used during an encounter such as Thok (screeches) but even then it would not be ideal due to the mechanics of the fight (Healers have ample time to regen. between screeches). Crit is the best throughput stat for this encounter.

Riptide glyph is one that I personally use but if you are having issues w/ mana, perhaps you should reconsider this choice? That is if you are using RT a lot- but if you're not, make use of another glyph that could benefit you versus a waste of glyph choice. You could instead use Fire Elemental in the meantime, or maybe Telluric Currents (although I personally do not care for that specific glyph, it could be helpful if you are having issues w/ mana.). Just make sure anytime you glyph for something that you are actually using it to it's full potential. These are just a few things you need to consider before choosing what is right for you. Everything else comes with experience and execution.

As for your talent choices, they too could use some revamping, the 90 talent choice should be changed to Primal Elementalist (unless you are single target healing the entire time which I will assume you are not). **This is where I stated above to read every ability within your characters arsenal.** Your tier 60 talent should be changed also keeping in mind the link I provided below on haste breakpoints, when doing so. I think a crash course in the fundamentals would be a good start for you due to it being a little complicated without knowing the basics first and what you are aiming for as in stats, raid comp., goals. withought my seeing your logs, etc.

As for stats, I would suggest you lower your spirit some. It would be unrealistic to try and reach the same stat points as higher geared Resto. Shamans (obvs), but the general idea is there. Here is a link for haste breakpoints that I like to use: Icy Veins (Sorry I am not able to post links yet) Just google- Icy Veins Resto Shaman Haste breakpoints.

I would try going for the 25% Haste Cap (if you can) and regemming/reforging everything else into crit. Make sure to keep in mind that the raid comp. will vary in flex/lfrs when doing so. This is just a basic write up after doing a quick scan of your character. So, hope it points you in the right direction or gives you at least a little insight. Gl w your Shaman!
    Last edited by Hypercookie; 2014-10-07 at 09:06 PM.