10+ Year Old Account

Doopy Legendary Pet Battle

Can someone give me a play by play on how to beat doopy, the legendary penguin in northrend.
    I have
    Mechanical Darkmoon Zeppelin
    Humanoid Corefire Imp
    Critter Pint size pink Pachyderm
    If you're unfamiliar with these pets, than maybe a cheap alternative I can buy and level from 23 or so. I really don't have patience for pet battles. Still trying to understand how a spell with 100% hit doesn't hit on boss that doesn't have a hit debuff. I'm lucky to get 3 out of 8 hits
    Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Well going to go level 2 flying pets
    Last edited by Camnorick; 2014-10-06 at 04:32 AM.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

I just followed one of the comment guides on wowhead. Wasn't all that bad, even if I didn't have a perfectly matched team (Red Whelp, Gundrak Hatchling and Darkmoon Rabbit).

Try to capture a pet with a 6%-per-turn poison. It doesn't even matter what level it is - just make sure he's able to use it before he dies (so enough hp to survive 1 hit or enough speed to go first). Other than that, zep's self-destruct bypasses the pet-bosses 50% damage reduction, make good use of it. Spam your attacks and self-destruct after your mech racial procs. The third pet should probably be just some flying 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I use my Nether Faerie Dragon for many legenday pets.

I use exchange in turn 2 when my pet is nearly dead and both my pet and the other legendary are at 50%.

You don't actually need flying pets, just pets with flying attacks.

But make sure they aren't mechanical like your zeppelin as they take extra damage from aquatics.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Try to capture a pet with a 6%-per-turn poison.
    That doesn't really work since they changed the bosses from having double HP to taking 50% less damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I just went with 2 of the Condors from Dread Wastes and a Moth from somewhere, all around level 22 or so. It was really just a case of praying to RNGesus that I didn't miss *too* much stuff, and obviously dodging the giant water bubble thing with the "fly away" ability.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I used 3 lowbie flying pets(moth and seagull which i grabbed in Pandaria) and had a bit of a problem, Since they were all 22'ish and uncommon.

Beat it with that lineup and not my main pets.

I beat him last night in 2 attempts. I used a 24 Parrot, 22 Chicken, and 22 Ji-kun Hatchling. Lift - off to avoid the stun move and spam flying attacks. Only use the ones with 100% hit chance. It took me a second attempt because of some missed attacks. If I had a second pet with Lift - Off I probably could've one shot it. Finished all of Brawlers Guild. GOOD RIDDANCE PET BATTLES.

Go to the vale of eternal blossoms and fight the water strider's around the SoO entrance. When you are fighting them capture the efflorescent fly's that come with them. I used 3 of them and had no trouble beating him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But make sure they aren't mechanical like your zeppelin as they take extra damage from aquatics.
    That doesn't really work since they changed the bosses from having double HP to taking 50% less damage.
    Couple things wrong here. 1) Zeppelins take extra damage from elemental, not aquatic (Doopy does use all Elemental attacks though.)
    2) The 6% poison DoT works differently from all other dots. It ALWAYS does 6% health in damage regardless of damage taken or reduction buffs, and I believe regardless of strength or weakness.es
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.