Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know an Arms warrior that has been testing a few WOD bosses and he said that they are in a fantastic position dps wise and will certainly be challenging for top few spots on the meters. He didn't say much on the style of play though but he is happy overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    It's only a simcraft thing, but I guess it gives an idea, even vague.

Too bad the Devs said over and over again that numbers are still being tweaked. What's the point of doing simcraft on beta DPS?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Why wouldn't you? Us doing sims gives us something to base our feedback on, and it makes us able to optimize our play on the beta, meaning we are more well prepared for it once it hits live.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Too bad the Devs said over and over again that numbers are still being tweaked. What's the point of doing simcraft on beta DPS?
    Not sure if there is a big point in using it to determine actual dps atm. But the sims provide very very important intel to blizzard about what rotations people will be using, what talents they will be taking and so forth.

15+ Year Old Account
    because maybe, just maybe, the number tweakings were less and less for every beta build lately? and since it's 4-5 days until 6.0 patch everything is beginning to be pretty accurate and final?

yes, maybe some SMALL changes still can be done, even after 6.0. maybe even in some mini-patch-hotfix after the actual release, but I wouldn't expect a major upside down turning anymore. maybe we will receive some minor nerfs. maybe hunters and shadow priests receive some minor buffs. but nothing major will happen anymore. I hope.

They will do a lot more tuning once 6.0 hits and they get some real first hand information regarding how different specs are performing, but the main tuning will come after the first Heroic or Mythic week of Highmaul, when they see how the top guilds are using different classes. For example this tier they did some heavy re-tuning after the first Heroic week of SoO, where they nerfed Demo locks by a lot, and some other classes by lesser amounts.
    My Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Why wouldn't you? Us doing sims gives us something to base our feedback on, and it makes us able to optimize our play on the beta, meaning we are more well prepared for it once it hits live.
    That's my point. You're assuming the numbers won't change by the time it hits live. Knowing Blizz, they can and most likely will tune the numbers before the expac is released.

For all we know that list can be turned upside down before expansion is released with Warriors at the bottom and Priests at the top.

If you want to use it to simcraft your current DPS at that particular patch release in the beta, that's fine. But don't bother posting it here as proof for anything because by next week, that list will probably be different. Hell, Rets were number 1 in that list like a month ago, look where they are now.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2014-10-10 at 07:08 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

We don't care if we do 10k or 100k dps, what we use Sim-C for is to try and figure out how to optimally use our chars, and in which departments there is room for improvement. The absolute dps numbers that the sim is showing is of no use to us other than seeing which specs may be in need of buffs and / or nerfs, we're well aware that things still change.

The people who post Sim-C results here are not the people who work on them, as we are well aware that they do more harm than good by being shown to the public at this stage.
    My Stream

What's the point of doing a simcraft on Patch 6.0? It will all change, its just a current state of how the classes are performing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    What's the point of doing a simcraft on Patch 6.0? It will all change, its just a current state of how the classes are performing.
    There won't be any point until they start running it during when it matters, raiding season. So it won't matter for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be any point until they start running it during when it matters, raiding season. So it won't matter for a while.
    The point of simming for every build is to get a feel about where we are, and more to optimize talents, rotations, etc.

We know that numbers are subject to change. I would wager that a lot of us know quite a bit more than you, although you tend to come off as a know-it-all.

Calm down.
    ill probably be infracted for this post