Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Maybe he can't steal speed that's been artificially modified.
    Did anyone else find it odd that the term Breacher existed? How many people have gone to Earth-2 from Earth-1 before Barry and Cisco?
    They probably are applying the same term they used for Earth-2 villains Zoom was sending through to Earth-1 to try and make Barry faster.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They probably are applying the same term they used for Earth-2 villains Zoom was sending through to Earth-1 to try and make Barry faster.
    Yes but Killer Frost said she enjoyed killing people from other Earths, implying she has done it before.

Mmmm, I forgot about that line.

Also, Supergirl may have great ratings, but any old shit they put on CBS has great ratings somehow. The writing isn't as good, and that's with both Flash and Arrow having kind of off-seasons right now. I feel like Berlanti is stretching himself thin creating this DC television universe, and the story is suffering in the two "flagship" CW shows and carried on in Supergirl on CBS.

10+ Year Old Account
    if a speedster can be made artificially, why doesn't zoom just create lots of them, house them in cages and then just suck their speed dry?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That episode! I can even forgive Barry not setting off everybody's metadetector watch and Cisco not setting off Iris'
    My personal head-canon to explain that is that Harry, while waiting for Barry to return and for Cisco to find Zoom, sent out an update for his meta-detector watch app to have it not react to them. Iris' watch just hadn't gotten the update by the time Barry got there, but after that everyone else's watch downloaded the update, so stopped beeping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if a speedster can be made artificially, why doesn't zoom just create lots of them, house them in cages and then just suck their speed dry?
    As far as we have heard so far, the Velocity series of serums can only enhance the speed of an existing speedster, not grant speed to someone who never had it in the first place. Perhaps Velocity-9 will be different.

really liked the episode, especially seeing Deadshot again, although without the eye patch he doesnt really fill that awesome villain plot as much, evil Cisco was pretty funny too, i mean earlier Cisco was saying how he hoped his #2 was famous, well he aint Musk but hes sure famous. Zoom killing his own henchmen was funny, that dude is one evil mofo, but how is he like 4x faster if he hasnt stolen anyones speed? or did harrison #2 make up another speed stealing microchip and jay never caught on? who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to believe that Joe 2 is dead. Until proven otherwise, he's my lead choice for Zoom's identity. They gave a (possible) subtle clue at the beginning of the season when they were explaining the Earth 2 stuff to Joe.

He's a meta-human hating, nightclub singer who died in his only episode; perfect way to throw suspicion off of him. And, as an added bonus, he really hates Bartholomew and he is projecting that hatred towards Barry. As far as I am concerned, this was them setting up his cover story. With Joe 2 dead, he can now focus all of his attention on his Zoom activity.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-02-11 at 09:58 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I refuse to believe that Joe 2 is dead. Until proven otherwise, he's my lead choice for Zoom's identity. They gave a (possible) subtle clue at the beginning of the season when they were explaining the Earth 2 stuff to Joe.

He's a meta-human hating, nightclub singer who died in his only episode. And, as an added bonus, he really hates Bartholomew and he is projecting that hatred towards Barry. As far as I am concerned, this was them setting up his cover story. With Joe 2 dead, he can now focus all of his attention on his Zoom activity.
    And yet he somehow never setoff his daughters or anyone else that went to Jitterbugs' metahuman app.(which we know for a fact that Zoom does)

Just thought about it, if Cisco was smart he should have grabbed Reverb's Goggles.
    Last edited by CR77; 2016-02-11 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    And yet he somehow never setoff his daughters or anyone else that went to Jitterbugs' metahuman app.(which we know for a fact that Zoom does)

Just thought about it, if Cisco was smart he should have grabbed Reverb's Goggles.
    I'm sure there's a McGuffin that will explain that.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    zooms so fast he zooms around and turns off their apps before they can register. he is very cunning.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Mmmm, I forgot about that line.

Also, Supergirl may have great ratings, but any old shit they put on CBS has great ratings somehow. The writing isn't as good, and that's with both Flash and Arrow having kind of off-seasons right now. I feel like Berlanti is stretching himself thin creating this DC television universe, and the story is suffering in the two "flagship" CW shows and carried on in Supergirl on CBS.
    i disagree, this is the best season of arrow, legends is great and flash is just s good as it was last season especially since they gt rid of the iris love interest
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i disagree, this is the best season of arrow, legends is great and flash is just s good as it was last season especially since they gt rid of the iris love interest
    I wouldn't say this is the best season of Arrow. Not by a long shot. Legends is less than ok, although it could improve, only a few episodes in but so far I'm not convinced (much like Gotham, first 8 or so episodes were boring, then it got better and better as season 1 finished and had a cracking season 2).

As for Flash, well season 2 is "decent". A few good episodes but more average episodes. It is starting to pick up though, basically needs more Zoom.

But hey, this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    I wouldn't say this is the best season of Arrow. Not by a long shot. Legends is less than ok, although it could improve, only a few episodes in but so far I'm not convinced (much like Gotham, first 8 or so episodes were boring, then it got better and better as season 1 finished and had a cracking season 2).

As for Flash, well season 2 is "decent". A few good episodes but more average episodes. It is starting to pick up though, basically needs more Zoom.

But hey, this is my opinion.
    the only season of arrow that comes close to it is season 2, and thats purely because of manu bennetts performance.

season 1 was only slightly better than the typical cw fare, and season 3 was completely fucked over by dc when they forced them to get rid of their suicide squad sideplot mid season

all of the actors have grown immensely, you look at amell in season 1 and 2 and hes grown so much as an actor, laurels nolonger unbearable to see on screen, and so much of the petty drama is gone from this season

legends is just flash and arrow with none of the drama, its just pure fun and theres so much snark from all the characters its hilarious to watch, every character in legends is awesome
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I really enjoyed Season 3 of Arrow, it's been my favorite. So far I'd say Season 1 of Flash is better than Season 2, but only because there's been too much sad Barry.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    legends is just flash and arrow with none of the drama, its just pure fun and theres so much snark from all the characters its hilarious to watch, every character in legends is awesome
    To be honest, the only reason I find legends tolerable (so far, like I said previously, it can improve), is Dominic Purcell (heat wave). I just find his character and mannerisms really entertaining. Plus I love the voice he puts on for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    To be honest, the only reason I find legends tolerable (so far, like I said previously, it can improve), is Dominic Purcell (heat wave). I just find his character and mannerisms really entertaining. Plus I love the voice he puts on for the character.
    my favorite is him, snart and sara. the bar scene is one of my favorite in the arrowverse so far

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So if Zoom doesn't want to steal Barry's speed why does he want him to get faster?
    He wants more speed, but that doesn't mean he just puts his hand on their chest and absorbs it. Jay didn't lose his speed that way, and the scene that implied it was just a misdirect for the audience.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    He wants more speed, but that doesn't mean he just puts his hand on their chest and absorbs it. Jay didn't lose his speed that way, and the scene that implied it was just a misdirect for the audience.
    So how does he steal it?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So how does he steal it?
    We don't really know that he HAS stolen any speed. I do recall someone saying how he would travel the worlds and destroy everything or something, but think that was just Jay being alarmist.

It's possible he has a speed stealing contraption, it's possible Wells invented it, and now made a remote version too. Wasn't Garrick losing to Zoom for quite a while before heading to Earth1? Maybe Zoom couldn't steal his speed, hence why he still had it.

Though now I have come to like the idea of Garrick's abuse of Velocity leading to the creation of a Speed Ghost that kept getting faster as he got weaker. Zoom could be Garricks gone rogue.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I just feel like a Speed Force Ghost wouldn't be ''human'' enough to take hostages and use blackmail.