The opener doesn't change. Also if you can start a fight with full fury and MC stacks let me know do I can check the sky for flying pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    The opener doesn't change. Also if you can start a fight with full fury and MC stacks let me know do I can check the sky for flying pigs.
    Sounds like your guild is like mine - after trash is done there is always SOMEONE with a "brb" or "summon me" or just randomly afk. Our GM plays Demo and always gets pissed at those folks.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Sounds like your guild is like mine - after trash is done there is always SOMEONE with a "brb" or "summon me" or just randomly afk. Our GM plays Demo and always gets pissed at those folks.
    Ugh, same here. Someone always has to slack so fucking hard all my banked fury and MC stacks are gone.

Deleted
    thats to be expected, the real question is, if this always happens, why would you think it would change and why would you stack up your fury and mc procs? that sounds like the very definition of insanity, well albert einstein's definition. what i really find annoying is that rng of your opener as demo, as there can be such a huge difference in dps based on the amount of MC procs you get or dont get, i prefer an opener that are a bit more reliable and not so rng based. your opener goes out the window when you get like 1-2 mc procs on pull.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2015-04-21 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That is why you yell at them, it works for me the few odd pugs with voice com

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    thats to be expected, the real question is, if this always happens, why would you think it would change and why would you stack up your fury and mc procs? that sounds like the very definition of insanity, well albert einstein's definition. what i really find annoying is that rng of your opener as demo, as there can be such a huge difference in dps based on the amount of MC procs you get or dont get, i prefer an opener that are a bit more reliable and not so rng based. your opener goes out the window when you get like 1-2 mc procs on pull.
    Ugh, been pugging some bosses today to finish my 4pc and the amount of 0-1 mc procs during my opener was astonishing. Still, I guess if you managed to bank 1k fury and 10 mc procs or close to that so you could spam many more soulfires during your first DS, your opener would yield much better results than it would be when you start with 200 DF and no mc stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Ugh, same here. Someone always has to slack so fucking hard all my banked fury and MC stacks are gone.
    The number of times the 10s countdown starts right as I hit 200 fury....

Its like people have a weak aura telling them my fury count so they can time delay the pull accordingly... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    That is why you yell at them, it works for me the few odd pugs with voice com
    On a few of the farm fights he's said, "We're pulling when trash is done. If you need to port out to grab seals or grab a drink or whatever, that's fine, but we're pulling when trash is done if you're here or not." But then it's a goddamn healer or tank or some shit >.<
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    what do you mean it doesn't change? Surely you would stay in meta form until your fury is depleted? Question is what will you do once your mc stacks is gone (assuming you didn't have any) Also it feels like it's more beneficial to do the opener IN meta form if you have 10 stacks of MC instead of hand of gul'Daning(wasting fury) and just do it like this> prepot >precast SF>doomguard >DS>CORRUPTION >META>doom>10x SF>3x chaos weave?
    Last edited by tonberi; 2015-04-22 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    You don't spend Fury if you don't need to. You can drop out of Meta with 200 Fury if you run out of procs.

Assuming I start as per normal with a 20 second DS once my MC procs have gone then personally I drop out of Meta do say 1-3 SBs, refresh Corruption (if needed), go back into Meta then CW and/or SF all depending on MC procs and time left on damage procs. So very similar to the opener on the first page but I have made some slight adjustments.

If you start on full fury and full MC procs (cannot remember that happening for months) yes the first fury building opener is unnecessary. However, I personally would do your opener Tonberi a little different in DS coming after Doom I think for maximum use and once not on full MC stacks a CW and a second at some point so I am not capped whilst SFing. This does make me wonder though if HoG still has a place (even if fury capped). So something more like prepot >precast SF> HoG> doomguard > Corruption> HoG > DS> Meta but I really haven't had the chance or need to try it out. Just out of curiousity has anyone else? We are talking very little change though once in a 7 minute (for example) fight.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-22 at 01:56 PM.

If you chaos weave before you cast SFs you will waste the MC proccs, but maybe chaos weave dmg outweighs the wasted mc proccs. If hog has a saying in this opener I would just cast two hogs consequently.. I am also curious on what would be the best possible opener in this case , even if it's not much of a big difference I will always try to min/max

Yeah you would waste procs thats why I said wait until not full on MC stacks so SF once then CW for example to stop being capped. Casting 2 HoGs together would be a waste of the DoT damage and if you're doing 2 caster casts anyhow then it would be far better to do the HoG before and after.

Quick question for an in-game pet project of mine. Does the empowered drain life WoD perk only work for successive ticks inside the same cast of drain life? Or can i recast drain life after the first tick over and over and still benefit. So far my testing says it doesn't matter, but that doesn't make a lot of sense and I'm afraid I'm doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Quick question for an in-game pet project of mine. Does the empowered drain life WoD perk only work for successive ticks inside the same cast of drain life? Or can i recast drain life after the first tick over and over and still benefit. So far my testing says it doesn't matter, but that doesn't make a lot of sense and I'm afraid I'm doing it wrong.
    I believe it's each successive tick. I messed around with it on launch and that's what I remember, but it was like 6 months ago.

Got a question regarding HoG use.

Imagining a situation in which there are two (three) targets, but one of the two (three) targets is about to go out of HoG cleave range (Hanz and Franz, the odd Iron Maidens pull, etc.), and I only have 1 charge of HoG - the 2nd charge will not be up in time to get a 2 stack rolling on both targets. Is it better to use HoG so that it hits both targets, or is it better to delay HoG and use it so it hits only 1 target but I get the 2 stack? What about if Darmac's (Mythic) proc is up and will expire before the 2 stack is possible? What about if Darmac's + Bloodlust is up? Is there any point in terms of buffs in which it is better to roll the 1 stack HoG on 2 targets over a 2 stack on 1 target?

I'm wondering which is better not only in terms of fury generation and damage, but also in terms of MC proc generation. Does a 2 stack of HoG have a higher % chance of procing MC than a 1 stack HoG? It feels like I never get MC procs from HoG the odd times I miss the 2 stack (this may just be poor sample size), so I am curious.

I also know that this would be a very tiny gain overall, but if it's a gain at all, I'd be nice to know so I can incorporate into my play a bit. I feel like 2 stack HoGs may just be 2x of everything (damage, MC proc rate, fury gen) that a 1 stack HoG is, in which case there is no difference between the two situations in absence of procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Well i just spent about 2 hours on the PTR running dummy test with demo and destro. I did 5 runs in demo on test and live to compare the changes. Below is the summary of my personal testing. This is parse without food/flask/prepots. Only buffs was native class buffs and item procs. I do have 4pc with a 680 ilvl so take these numbers with a grain of salt with better gear and probably better rotation execution but i focused hard on using Mc during DS/meta only and lining up Service with every other DS. Giving the consistent results i expect my rotation was solid enough to give valid data.

Live
    Soulfire- avg = 38k, max = 51k
    Open Burst DPS - 33k avg
    Rotation DPS - 25k avg

PTR
    Soulfire - avg = 18k, max = 31k
    Open Burst DPS - 21k avg
    Rotation DPS - 19k avg

PTR DESTRO
    Open dps - 21k
    Rotation dps - 19k avg
    *This was with no pet(ptr bug) so Sacr wasn't used in this test. I ran CR for T7. I am not that great at Destro by any means and don't even know the opener. The fact that i was able to maintain the same dps as demo with a spec i know very little about shows just how big the nerf hits single target demo.

I feel that a person who is solid with Destro + pet(stupid ptr bug) would absolutely murder demo on ST. The nerf gimps demo opener drastically but oddly yields very consistent rotation dps. With the nerf to single target, it may appear blizz wants demo to be more of a cleave spec. Regardless, using demo in its current state for single target is just utterly useless when the other 2 specs will clearly win on ST. I suspect destro would be the aoe choice as well but demo might still hold some value there. The huge nerf to Soulfire i believe is the biggest hit to demo. Removing that nerf alone would probably bring demo back on par with the other 2 specs for ST. A 20k difference on MC procs is just to massive of a hit.

I might run more test tonight before raid but i feel as if i already know what spec will be the clear choice unless things change. I tested DB also but it hit like a wet noodle with the 4th stack hitting for only 90k..i giggled when i seen that shit and stopped immediately. I feel that if we have more people turn in real PTR testing, actual parse numbers of how fail demo is, it'll grab blizzards attention easier on the ptr forums. Just going in there bitching without data to back it up is just a waste of keystrokes.
    The nerf is intended to pretty much keep warlocks in check with the mastery the new gear is going to bring. Performing tests in 680 grear is not in any way relevant. This is going to be like every single time we get nerfed: we find another way to top the meters or the nerf isn't as hard as it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxeh View Post
    The nerf is intended to pretty much keep warlocks in check with the mastery the new gear is going to bring. Performing tests in 680 grear is not in any way relevant. This is going to be like every single time we get nerfed: we find another way to top the meters or the nerf isn't as hard as it seems.
    Nerfing any class by 25% due to gear scaling is ridiculous.
    You would assume if it was Mastery that was causing this problem there would be a better "tuning knob" to tweak.

I will be amazed if they keep the nerf as it stands but time will tell.

Toothbreaker Grips 691 hc wf
    Leggins of Molten Torrent 700 Mythic
    Shadow Council Leggings 685 hc
    Shadow Council Gloves 691 hc wf

Help me pick best combo. I was thinking of sacrificing that 9 ilvl from legs so I can Toothbreaker Grips with MASTERY and still keep 4 set bonus, because both legs and gloves that I use atm don't(Leggings of Molten Torrent, Shadow Council Gloves)

I'm demo.