Deleted
    ANYWAY the post I typed up the other day for Whimzee to post was typed at like 7am after I hadn't slept for maybe 4 days

I didn't word the section about crit well at all, for the aforementioned reasons. What I'm trying to say is this; 6 bosses into Mythic HFC, nothing hits anywhere near hard enough to require Mastery stacking. In BRF, even with full Mastery stacking, opening bosses hit like a truck. Beastlord actually fucking crushed on opening week, and that was with me in full HM Mythic/BRF Heroic gear. However, there's nothing in Hellfire Citadel Heroic or Mythic so far that has felt truly threatening. I've died once from actual tank damage, and that was after fucking up EB stacks on Kilrogg. Because of that, I'm at the point where trading off DPS for Survivability isn't threatening to my raid or to myself, which I honestly didn't feel in BRF was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    ANYWAY the post I typed up the other day for Whimzee to post was typed at like 7am after I hadn't slept for maybe 4 days

I didn't word the section about crit well at all, for the aforementioned reasons. What I'm trying to say is this; 6 bosses into Mythic HFC, nothing hits anywhere near hard enough to require Mastery stacking. In BRF, even with full Mastery stacking, opening bosses hit like a truck. Beastlord actually fucking crushed on opening week, and that was with me in full HM Mythic/BRF Heroic gear. However, there's nothing in Hellfire Citadel Heroic or Mythic so far that has felt truly threatening. I've died once from actual tank damage, and that was after fucking up EB stacks on Kilrogg. Because of that, I'm at the point where trading off DPS for Survivability isn't threatening to my raid or to myself, which I honestly didn't feel in BRF was worth it.

So what are your thoughts on Blackrock vs Thunderlord for weapon enchant. Keep the Blackrock for cover your ass moments, or go Thunderlord cause of the decent uptime it has?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    So what are your thoughts on Blackrock vs Thunderlord for weapon enchant. Keep the Blackrock for cover your ass moments, or go Thunderlord cause of the decent uptime it has?
    I swapped from Blackrock to Thunderlord on Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    Put the minor Jab glyph on, then back off. Or off and back on, if you're using it. It's a timewalking bug I think.
    Thanks, it worked. Its weird that blizzard didnt fix it nor alert the community about this bug, I bet a lot of brewmasters still have no idea about this bug.

7+ Year Old Account
    just got 2 piece so awesome O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    just got 2 piece so awesome O_O
    Killed Xhul tonight just gaming 2-set with his Void/Fel Strike.

Downright insane.

Chakram on Shadow Lord too.
    Gorefiends soak and Zakuuns phase, too. Not really a problem in hc, could become an issue on mythic...it´s so sad if you dodge waves on zakuun while xuen stands next to you and does absolutely nothing -.- . just checked my logs and anzu´s uptime is really weird sometimes...got 51% uptime first week, second week 85% on some bosses :X can someone else already smell the nerf

Deleted
    Yeah Anzu trinket is pretty insane, but i feel like most trinkets are in the raid, i feel like they really wanted to make old trinkets obsolete (the dps one especially agility are completly insane)

Deleted
    Hey guys !
    Just wanted to say hi !

I left my old Shadow Priest main to become a full time Brewmaster because I loved it as an alt, but also because I love this community.

I've been reading this thread since BRF started and I am amazed by the quality of the majority of the posts.

I'm currently at 12/13 Heroics with my guild (8/10 Mythics in BRF before 6.2) so I finally made an account on these forums to come ask for help should I need to somewhere along the way.

(btw : not a native english speaker in case you didn't notice)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulpinette View Post
    Hey guys !
    Just wanted to say hi !

I left my old Shadow Priest main to become a full time Brewmaster because I loved it as an alt, but also because I love this community.

I've been reading this thread since BRF started and I am amazed by the quality of the majority of the posts.

I'm currently at 12/13 Heroics with my guild (8/10 Mythics in BRF before 6.2) so I finally made an account on these forums to come ask for help should I need to somewhere along the way.

(btw : not a native english speaker in case you didn't notice)
    welcome to our drunken world <3

Is serenity still worth taking on single target bosses over chi ex, even after the nerfs? Was just wondering, since the duration is so short nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is serenity still worth taking on single target bosses over chi ex, even after the nerfs? Was just wondering, since the duration is so short nowdays.
    General consensus prior to live was that it's worth grabbing if you have the 4-piece, since it's far more friendly for spending chi on what you want to.

I brought my monk to Hellfire Council because I thought it superior to bear and... gosh, do I love playing it there

I'm on Dia, so no double KS on Gurtogg&Blademaster, but a BoS using DK cotank does far more there anyway. Ranged Chi Explosion doesn't do an awful lot, but between it and ToD on Gurtogg, I can push somewhere around 1.7mil on him, ~700k of that under 30%. It's not gamebreaking, but quite the welcome perk.

Since the whole raid is stacking on the boss, I'm eating Bloodboils fulltime going up to 10 stacks in first two minutes. The damage is really quite high, but because it doesn't come in huge chunks, EH with 2p is absolute king there and 4p Guards available nigh everytime you want them. Jello did some amazing selfhealing on bear with Archy trinket, but bears getting that trinket over a mage/rogue/rdudu should be superrare, whereas just about every BrM in a decent guild is wearing 4piece.

Damage output... I'm probably losing a tiny bit by doing EH>Guard, because I end up delaying KS by a fair amount (that hits ~70% harder than EH). I most often have EH as more damage output than KS xD
    Unsurprisingly, I also found that WUE's 1k haste is a godsend there. As well as it's proc being quite worthwhile defensively.

In short.. a lovely fight for BrM.

Agreed on Serenity that it's more mistake-friendly than ChiEx. Classic rules of "do simple&forgiving to learn the damage pattern" apply. Once you know that, I always see ChiEx>Serenity.
    The catch here is that we're not really taking about Serenity vs. ChiEx. That's misleading.
    What we're talking about is no talent selected vs. ChiEx.
    Sad truth.

Deleted
    Serenity, even nerfed is far from no talent selected, you can get 4-5 free blackout kicks+ 4-5 purifiying brew+a guard+ sometimes tod for free, it's 10 to 20 free chi every 1.5 minute (which in itself is way better than power strikes, often praised to be mandatory in this thread)

Chi explosion has absolutely no defensive value, it's just a pure damage increase (a really significant one on aoe, not that significant on single target)
    So yeah the last tier is pretty much a tradeoff 6-15 chi per minute vs more damage, chi ex isn't less forgiving it's just a defensive loss, you'll take more damage overall if you play with chi explosion whatever you do

The choice is all about what your raid needs, you can argue shuffle is only 10% parry and you don't have that much mastery so purifying and shuffle aren't that valuable, but are 10k more dps from a tank more valuable when any dps can double your damage ?
    If you can survive easily you can ofc go chi explosion to feel good about the meters but in the end will it be useful? not really
    Last edited by mmoc2bcd1f7e82; 2015-07-07 at 10:48 AM.

Gonna have to side with ev here. I use it as a small defensive CD in some fights (like Unarmed phase on Xhul and the likes) where I really really want to purify after each melee hit without the increased purifying affecting my shuffle uptime or Guard usage.

I get that many BrMs are in a place where they really don't have to think about their survivability that much, due competent healers and whatnot, but in a bit more casual setting where people are failing mechanics 24/7 which means healers are sometimes completely focused on raid for long periods of time, every bit helps.

I wish they made Soul Dance competetive or just gave us something totally different.

We're on Tyrant now, 10/13 HC and I'm still using Chi Ex. After using it for so long the playstyle is just ingrained.

Deleted
    My guild wants to give a try at Hellfire Assault Mythic tomorrow and I wonder if I should find myself a NM HFC raid tonight to try and grab that OP 4p (I currently run with 2p).

I mean, is the 4p "mandatory" at ~700ish ilvl for surviving Mythic Assault ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulpinette View Post
    My guild wants to give a try at Hellfire Assault Mythic tomorrow and I wonder if I should find myself a NM HFC raid tonight to try and grab that OP 4p (I currently run with 2p).

I mean, is the 4p "mandatory" at ~700ish ilvl for surviving Mythic Assault ?
    You can definitely give it a try. The 4 Piece isn't mandatory (I didn't wear it for HFA), but it's strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated, but people are placing too much emphasis on shuffle uptime in 6.2

Prioritise Guard over Shuffle. Shuffle is only really important during EB uptime; aside from that, it's a nice bonus, not the maintenance buff it was previously.

@Poulpinette

Absolutely. I mean, you can get away without it if you kite Berserkers a bit to drop Slam debuff (only thing that hurts), but 4p strength is just out of this world. I'd take up to -15ilvl to get it.

I guess I'm biased about Serenity.
    I used it while learning the spec in 6.0, then rarely after that. Blackhand, early Kromog and Beastlord kills, that's it. And that was when it was in a good state.

Now in 6.2 - I'm not in Misume's camp claiming BrM's are godlike, nothing in first half of the raid is threathening and so on. I rerolled to bear because I think BrM is too volatile and healer unfriendly on last 4 fights on Mythic. The damage intake per hit is too high for me to be comfortable and assist in raidleading without sometimes dying randomly (most notably Archy). Maybe I'm a worse player, maybe I'm trying to run too dangerous a playstyle, maybe I've less responsive healers, probably a combination of all 3.

So I say my opinion that Serenity has almost no worth from that perspective. I don't really care about Chi nowadays. As long as I have 2 for Guard, that's enough. There's 2 scenarios here
    #1 You know you need to Guard in the next X seconds. Hence you saved Chi to do it.
    #2 You dropped low unexpectedly due to not dodging attacks. You "likely" already have 2 Chi because you've just been mashing EH like mad to save yourself.
    This second part is where non-ChiEx helps. You can permanently sit on 2 Chi and never have that vulnerable window of needing a GCD to get enough to Guard.

10% parry from Shuffle I can't rely on and I don't care about overall damage taken to like it from that view. It's useful for precious little else. Purifying 20k tick staggers?
    Sure I guess, it's not a waste, but I'll rather focus on EHing for 100k instead because you're sitting on 70+ Energy, prepared. If needed, with a Sac or Vigi on yourself to prevent the 51->0% drops.

@evtanking
    Power Strikes was praised in 6.0 and 6.1 because it provided by far the most Chi/minute. Because Chi was the most valuable resource. Since 6.2, you won't see prominent posters in this thread advertizing PS over Chi Brew / Ascension.

Deleted
    You can definitely give it a try. The 4 Piece isn't mandatory (I didn't wear it for HFA), but it's strong.
    That's reassuring.
    I'll give it a try for sure because I like to be as well prepared as I can but hey.. if I'm unlucky with token drops, that's too bad : I'll just have to step up my game !

Thanks for the quick replys !