Page 1 of 3
LastLast

6.0 patch elemental rotation changes?

does elemental's rotation change when 6.0 hits, like do we incorporate earthquake now in single target or aoe? or is it still useless till wod?

is echo still the best talent or is it AS instead? any info would be appreciated.

The basic elemental rotation and playstyle remains the same. You'll pick Elemental Mastery over Echo now talent wise in a raid environment, but rest are the same (Elemental Blast).
    Opener will include Unleash Flame since it doesn't do direct damage anymore and is a flat damage increase to your next fire spell (which in this case will be Flame Shock).
    Earthquake is a damage increase in AOE and should be used around roughly 3+ targets combined with Chain Lightning spam. As you don't have the Chain Lightning perk, it can be precast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would've preferred Ancestral Swiftness be much more viable, but I guess you can't pick and choose. May I ask why Elemental Blast is better than Unleashed Fury? Now that it's a buff on the player instead of the target, shouldn't it be a lot better in more situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Would've preferred Ancestral Swiftness be much more viable, but I guess you can't pick and choose. May I ask why Elemental Blast is better than Unleashed Fury? Now that it's a buff on the player instead of the target, shouldn't it be a lot better in more situations?
    Through doing raids and target dummies on the beta (as well as Simcrafts, though you shouldn't rely too much on it), I've personally found Elemental Blast more beneficial because of the buff it gives to Multistrike, Haste and Mastery, especially multistrike since that only appears on Kardis' Toxic Totem. It also gives a Lighting Shield charge for Fulmination now.

Icy Veins has a "Transition Guide" you can check out (I currently cannot post links, but it's on their frontpage) which also suggests Elemental Blast being the strongest in the prepatch. That may change for level 100 raiding, I am not sure yet, but I tried both talent out during raid testing on the beta and Unleashed Fury seemed stronger with higher gear.

Deleted
    How is icy-veins more reliable than simcraft .___.
    Not saying simcraft is reliable, just curious

Deleted
    I heard EQ on single target ahead of LB.

Sims showed Elemental Blast + Elemental Mastery as the best talents on a single target patchwerk sim. They also showed Earthquake as a DPS increase over Lightning Bolt (and Elemental Blast & Lava Burst #yolo).

I will definitely be using Unleashed Fury instead of Elemental Blast though, I don't think you guys realise how big an impact not being able to move and cast Lightning Bolt is. I'd rather not be absolutely useless on bosses like Padagons and Dark Shamans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Sims showed Elemental Blast + Elemental Mastery as the best talents on a single target patchwerk sim. They also showed Earthquake as a DPS increase over Lightning Bolt (and Elemental Blast & Lava Burst #yolo).

I will definitely be using Unleashed Fury instead of Elemental Blast though, I don't think you guys realise how big an impact not being able to move and cast Lightning Bolt is. I'd rather not be absolutely useless on bosses like Padagons and Dark Shamans etc.
    so elemental blast will be best even though i have 97% mastery?

and what about multi-target talents since soo is mostly multi-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    so elemental blast will be best even though i have 97% mastery?

and what about multi-target talents since soo is mostly multi-target fights.
    Mastery is changing such that there's no cap, it now buffs earthquake and molten earth (our new mastery ability).

When picking the talent Elemental Mastery is it better to delay using it so that you always align it with Ascendance (resulting in less casts per fight) or do you only align them on the pull/whenever both are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Phrenominon View Post
    Mastery is changing such that there's no cap, it now buffs earthquake and molten earth (our new mastery ability).
    lol oh ya forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    When picking the talent Elemental Mastery is it better to delay using it so that you always align it with Ascendance (resulting in less casts per fight) or do you only align them on the pull/whenever both are available?
    The latter, use on CD (and obviously with Ascendance on the pull).

Cool, thanks for the reply

I concur, but I'm cautious about the scenario in which Heroism is used on the pull. Above 18.3% haste, any two 30% haste buffs is enough to satisfy the 100% haste needed to hard cap. Thus, EM + Heroism + Meta Gem is a wasted EM cooldown for casting purposes (still benefits flame shock, earthquake, and fire elemental).

Should we be blowing EM with Heroism and losing meta gem value in favor of extra Fire Elemental damage during our prepot, or should we be holding the original EM for when Heroism falls off to extend it to a full minute for the fire elemental and better aligning the second ascendance with EM?

This situation, along with the benefit of having instant cast earthquakes/lightning bolt for movement is part of the reason I'm tempted to use AS instead of EM.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2014-10-13 at 07:22 PM.

so we do we use earthquake on single target or not? i used it last night on single target and it felt like a dps loss, but i cant be sure.

Mastery does 40-45% of my dps right now - 224% or 961 raiting.

Ya same here molten earth was doing a good 30-40% of my damage in SoO last night. Running 225% mastery. It's so face roll that that is all passive damage. I linked my skada in the raid last night and was promptly told to go f#%^ myself

Deleted
    Do we use Unleash flame on cooldown during fights, or only to precast?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    so we do we use earthquake on single target or not? i used it last night on single target and it felt like a dps loss, but i cant be sure.
    It's a DPS increase, especially if you can cast it under haste effects. I was using EQ on CD last night and managed to top the single target bosses.

Couldn't even begin to touch god-tier Mages and Warriors on cleave/AoE though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrenominon View Post
    Oh, I forgot that it also buffed EQ.

THAT'S why EQ is so much stronger than LB, because of ridiculous mastery scaling. Hopefully that goes away at 100