Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blood Shield counts. The recently death striked is just for bosses that can eat it during their AM requiring move.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you that have done the fight, how are we on Tyrant Velhari?
    (Troxism said that we likely wouldn't be doing well on that, and I'll be doing the fight soon so I'm a bit worried >>)

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    (Troxism said that we likely wouldn't be doing well on that, and I'll be doing the fight soon so I'm a bit worried >>)
    Be ready to be 1 shot(1 single fucking melee) through Externals in P2.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Be ready to be 1 shot(1 single fucking melee) through Externals in P2.
    That doesn't sound good - how did you deal with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    It's an absolute fucking nightmare. It's sketchy enough when you're tanking her at the start of P2 with no Seal of Decay stacks, but while I never actually died in P2 on my DK, there were a couple of times where I came within 10-15k HP of dying to a melee through IBF and Death Strike just literally does nothing (even at Resolve cap) when you've got 3-4 stacks of SoD. You absolutely MUST rotate externals whenever you're tanking her and save VB for when you hit 3-4 stacks of SoD.

Do NOT bring a DK to progress on Mythic Velhari unless they somehow make P2 less disastrous for DKs. It is an absolute dumpster fire. I genuinely don't know how they intend for DKs to get through P2 without overgearing it significantly. Max HP reduction AND healing reduction essentially makes Blood DK as close to truly unviable on the fight as a tank will ever get. I genuinely think Seal of Decay should only affect external healing - it's too easy for block tanks and bears and far too difficult for Blood DKs and Monks that are balanced around putting out a massive amount of absorption themselves.

I'm also pretty sure Blood Shield is double-dipping on Seal of Decay which is just surreally terrible.

Edit: Nvm looks like from going over logs that Blood Shield is somehow hard-coded to work exclusively off the initial DS heal and ignore everything else entirely. It definitely does not seem to be double-dipping on Seal of Decay even though technically it ought to.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-06-26 at 11:38 PM.

Reroll bear and have 400k hp at 30% hp because lol imaburr. Sad but true and on demand 100% dodge so you are just immune for 3 seconds whenever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    That Kilrogg cast is pretty damn long.

If you DS before he starts doing it, Recently DS'd buff falls off after 3 seconds, his Shred lands after it's already off but you still have Blood Shield.

I assume BS wouldn't count anymore, but it'd be nice to know.

/insert necessary QQ about monk "AM" as THE worst counter for these crap "push AM for this arbitrary mechanic that makes no sense".
    How is monk AM the worst counter on kilrogg? you can keep elusive brew up all the time, i had 99% uptime on our heroic kill. I haven't done it on my DK yet, but i cannot image its easier then how it is on monk.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    How is monk AM the worst counter on kilrogg? you can keep elusive brew up all the time, i had 99% uptime on our heroic kill. I haven't done it on my DK yet, but i cannot image its easier then how it is on monk.
    Most people are abandoning crit for more mastery and haste with the 4pc and the stagger nerf. Crit is still a solid 2nd/3rd stat, but stacking mastery your EB uptime won't be that high. That said it's still more than fine to cover every one, especially with Chi Brew.

Also you can taunt swap Tyrant at 2 SoD stacks so you never get in that 3-4 stack danger zone. It's still possible to get one-shot but making sure you swap at 2 is how we got through it as Blood DK/BrM Monk (no 4pc). That and Disc Priests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Most people are abandoning crit for more mastery and haste with the 4pc and the stagger nerf. Crit is still a solid 2nd/3rd stat, but stacking mastery your EB uptime won't be that high. That said it's still more than fine to cover every one, especially with Chi Brew.

Also you can taunt swap Tyrant at 2 SoD stacks so you never get in that 3-4 stack danger zone. It's still possible to get one-shot but making sure you swap at 2 is how we got through it as Blood DK/BrM Monk (no 4pc). That and Disc Priests.
    Boss will go taunt immune with 2 SoD stack taunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post

I know all that, I am not geared for crit (enchanting mastery and so forth) and my itemlevel is only 686, so it really shouldn't be an issue at relevant gearlevels?

Maybe I underestimate how much crit shifts to haste with a lot of the new tier having haste
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mania/advanced
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I know all that, I am not geared for crit (enchanting mastery and so forth) and my itemlevel is only 686, so it really shouldn't be an issue at relevant gearlevels?

Maybe I underestimate how much crit shifts to haste with a lot of the new tier having haste
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mania/advanced
    ya you dont have brf gear which had 0 crit on it. most had that on which is all mas/ms

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Boss will go taunt immune with 2 SoD stack taunts.
    Uhh. Well. It didn't... :/
    We killed it last night like this. During the middle section we fucked up and got 3 a number of times, but we were swapping at 2 most of the fight.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=180000

The times we got 3 were purely us tunneling and learning the fight, I never saw a taunt immune message unless I just missed it.

@falagar112

It's the simple fact that it's RNG.
    As mentioned, coming in with BRF gear that has precious little crit, in full mastery gear itemization which is the most tanky, I've somewhere around 500 crit. I can get Elusive Brew stacks and literally have them expire because I get no more in the next 15 seconds of 100% boss uptime. Planning AM for one specific ability 15 seconds in advance is silly.
    Also, you didn't have 99% uptime on EB. You had 99% uptime on stacks of elusive brew - sitting on stacks and not using them doesn't count for any kind of AM check.

I'm really looking forward to tackling her on Monk.
    I don't think we'll be as bad as DK's, IF we have 4piece. Expel Harm straightout replaces Jab, which means you can Guard every 8 seconds or something wild like that.

Ofc, it's still a weak guard and it comes nowhere close to warrior or bear, since what you want is constant high DR. I expect warrior is simply the best there.

This whole argument about monks on Kilrogg is irrelevant as Chi Brew gives you on demand EB stacks.

I did it without and it was still easy.

Just a bit curious (I was looking at some logs) - what gives BoS healing on Tyrant Velhari?

Also, could that boss be the one place to use Glyph of Vampiric Blood?
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-06-27 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Just a bit curious (I was looking at some logs) - what gives BoS healing on Tyrant Velhari?

Also, could that boss be the one place to use Glyph of Vampiric Blood?
    Glyph would be worse. The HP increase is actually pretty fucking helpful when you get low.

All the raid damage is magic that is where your healing comes from. Edict, Font, Inferno shit, P3 puddle.

I am standing in a crossroads atm, to main either prot paladin or blood dk for this tier. BRF i tanked as prot but my Dk alt seems very appealing to me. If i were not be able to choose either myself for mythic progression, what would you recommend and why? My co-tank plays a bear and our roster has either 0 or maybe one rerolling dps DK.

Is there still any sense taking DPS trinkets after they both being nerfed 50%? Is this dps gain overcome mitigation losses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoninarius View Post
    Is there still any sense taking DPS trinkets after they both being nerfed 50%? Is this dps gain overcome mitigation losses?
    Idea of using dps trinkets is situations where you dont need that extra mitigation from tanking trinkets.
    So yes, if those trinkets will benefit you 5% more dps over tanking ones on a fight where surviving is'nt a problem, why wouldnt you help your raid to push boss down faster?

Discordant Chorus got nerfed?