Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyn View Post
    Hi !
    Before : Thanks very much for so much intel about WoD Bdk. (i learn much more than i think)

Sorry for my poor english, but i have an issue so i come for some advices.
    I'm pretty sure, i'm doing everything "right" (or, at least, not bad) but i have a threat issue (thanks 6.03 hotfix, i didn't had any problem before) with my CoTank (Paladin) and only with him (no issue with other tank, even other Pal)

Me : Bdk Scyn Kael'thas serveur EU/Fr guilde Independance
    CoTank Pal : Treize Kael'thas serveur EU/Fr guilde Independance

(can't post any link)

I'm not full MS because my guild is not strong enough for this. I use an hybride optimisation Mastey>MS>hate>Versa>Crit
    pretty like the synergie between MS and Hate.
    I think we need a buff for our Aggro (Aggro and not DPS, i'm doing more dps than him =/
    So, i'm the only one?

I actually have similar issues with my Warrior co-tank. Unfortunately he's 99 percentile in dps for Prot warriors on basically every fight. I just have no answer to his early shield slam crits unless I go all-out and with DRW and get some lucky multistrikes of my own.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use BoS on those encounters then? Or just let him tank the boss first? It's really not that big of a deal. I can pull off my monk co-tank on some encounters if BoS lasts long enough, he's just smart enough to be watching and ready to taunt immediately if something like that does occur.

I've never had problems with keeping threat at the start. Worst case scenario for those of you that do, you taunt immediately and the bonus threat multiplier for 3 seconds. After that it shouldn't be a problem for the rest of the encounter.

I've never had issues with a monk or guardian when I run with them. Not sure I've tanked BRF with a pally but warriors just seem to have infinitely ridiculous threat. BoS doesnt seem to have enough upfront threat gen to work for me, but I've gotten in the habit of just letting him tank things first. Unfortunately I don't think thats necessarily a solution. Don't get me wrong, I miss the days when tanks actually had to care about threat, I just scratch my head when he can pull off me in a 1-2 globals. Tends to catch me off guard when things are a little hectic- for example, transitioning to p3 on Blast Furnace.

I'm also usually in 80+ percentile for my ilvl so I know i'm at least doing SOMETHING right. Having to spam death strikes in the first 6 seconds of the fight instead of when I actually need them is unfortunate.

Even at like 680 ilvl you can burst over 80k on the opener if another tank can pull off you... I don't even. Dmg = Threat. And a Warrior isn't gonna out do that without like 3 sudden death procs back to back and shield slam crits.

If you are holding DS for heals on the opener... I don't even. The amount of procs you have in the opener your Blood Shield is stacked enough anyway. If you aren't stacking MS then ... that sucks your threat is gonna be lower.

Deleted
    We did HM M again yesterday and I need to slow myself down a lot when using BoS on Butcher because otherwise I will just pull aggro from my Warrior co-tank. If I am not bursting because I am waiting for some procs. dmg spike or something, the warrior tends to pull aggro from me quite easily as well.

So I guess it is important to sync what you are doing with your co-tank: If you have to take it slow (i.e. bad rune management leads to you having to save a DS for a dmg spike about to happen) or not using the right talents and you co-tank is going burst-crazy, they will pull aggro from you. Same goes the other way of course.

I've been gearing up a Blood DK alt, 660 at the moment and I'm wondering if I should always try to stack scent of blood up to 5 stacks before using death strike or not? Also, how important is Blood Shield uptime relative to that? Should I, for example, stack SoB to 5 stacks at the risk of losing my blood shield. I know we should always use DS first and foremost for the healing effect of course.

And finally, I know the guide says multistrike and mastery aren't that far off from each other, but which is more entertaining?
    Last edited by vokey; 2015-03-12 at 11:39 AM.

Death strike when you need healing or are rune capped. Scent of blood is just there as a bonus.

If you and/or your healers suck, gear for mastery. If you and your healers are average to above average, gear Multistrike. Tank deaths are almost never an issue this tier unless you forget to cd or your healers are bad. Most of us gear multistrike because extra mastery is not needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    Death strike when you need healing or are rune capped. Scent of blood is just there as a bonus.

If you and/or your healers suck, gear for mastery. If you and your healers are average to above average, gear Multistrike. Tank deaths are almost never an issue this tier unless you forget to cd or your healers are bad. Most of us gear multistrike because extra mastery is not needed at all.
    As a fresh 100, when is a good time to start pushing towards multistrike? I've got 3/4 crafted boots with haste/mastery, 4/4 axe with mastery/multistrike, and 2/4 goggles with mastery. 615 ilvl so I'll be doing normal/LFR; I felt like mastery would be the best bet since I'll be pugging a lot. I'm confident in my understanding of the fights, i.e. will have good CD useage; the only wild card will be healers combined with my lackluster gear.

Deleted
    I'd start out going for Multistrike straight from the bat, and if it turns out you are having severe survivability issues on a consistent basis that aren't caused by not using CDs, improper play or poor healers than you can try swapping out a few MS pieces with Mastery pieces. I highly doubt that will be the case however, I went for Multistrike straight away when I hit 100 and never had issues in dungeons, HM and now BRF.

Tips/help/advice on BoS as blood pls?

Do you use Death and decay at all? Still keep plague leech or is something else better?

When do you use it after pulling? Get full RP bar obviously, have all 6 runes or all 6 death runes? Full blood tap charges? When to Empower weap? How often do you death coil, just enough to keep the buff for HP up?

Any other tips/advice? I feel like I tunnel my RP bar and and end up with a bunch of Unholy runes cause I use chains of ice too much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait why would you death coil while running BoS. They both stack the HP thing. It's a non-issue. The HP thing should be an after thought, you don't need to track it or worry about it at all. The only time you can realistically risk using death coil while having BoS up is when you're just overflowing with RP and an opportunity to AMS soak is coming up or you're capped and nearly all your runes are available.

Pretty much use it at near maximum RP with a couple runes available and the others ones coming off CD shortly after. Burn everything to extend it as long as possible. It's really not advised to think about BoS that much if you don't have a decent chunk of MS gear because it won't be sustainable for that long unless you have godly RNG.

One of the MS trinkets from BRF help a lot in keeping it up longer. The glyph of icy runes can be run with as well. I wouldn't get in the habit of abusing it just to keep BoS up though, especially if you're actually tanking some of the harder progression bosses, but sparingly using it is pretty amazing, as is using it in encounters where there is realistically no danger to you (meaning, when you aren't tanking). It's pretty nice on encounters like Thogar where you trade off, and you can keep it going with 0 risk of dying between tank swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Wait why would you death coil while running BoS. They both stack the HP thing. It's a non-issue. The HP thing should be an after thought, you don't need to track it or worry about it at all. The only time you can realistically risk using death coil while having BoS up is when you're just overflowing with RP and an opportunity to AMS soak is coming up or you're capped and nearly all your runes are available.

Pretty much use it at near maximum RP with a couple runes available and the others ones coming off CD shortly after. Burn everything to extend it as long as possible. It's really not advised to think about BoS that much if you don't have a decent chunk of MS gear because it won't be sustainable for that long unless you have godly RNG.

One of the MS trinkets from BRF help a lot in keeping it up longer. The glyph of icy runes can be run with as well. I wouldn't get in the habit of abusing it just to keep BoS up though, especially if you're actually tanking some of the harder progression bosses, but sparingly using it is pretty amazing, as is using it in encounters where there is realistically no danger to you (meaning, when you aren't tanking). It's pretty nice on encounters like Thogar where you trade off, and you can keep it going with 0 risk of dying between tank swaps.
    Thanks bud. I'll give it a few more practice attempts before using it on harder bosses. I'm pretty sure I have good MS; all heroic gear including 4pc tier and blackhand shoulders, ready for mythic. Had no idea about BoS doing the HP buff thing like death coil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, not sure if already answered;

DPS 710 or Tank 710 ring for pure DPS? Instincts tell me the DPS ring because versi lol, but starts are not my forte.

I mean, I didn't notice a damage difference in changing, but the extra % MS helps with RNG.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

The tank ring is actually more dps. It doesn't have MS but overall the stats on it give more damage. Another 140ms is w/e if you have decent BRF gear. I've had over 2k MS since the first week of BRF Heroics even with 50%+ MS like you still just times of no MS and have to chains spam.

Deleted
    Soooo, nobody gonna talk about Breath Healing on physical damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Running with like, 37% buffed? Have to go straight up chains spam if I want to keep it up, hurts both potential DPS and survivability (not that the second really matters, but it's there you know). I imagined because the crit is there too it would be marginally better, I guess the difference is so minute overall that I wouldn't notice one way or another.

Life is hard man, I could have MS on like 4 more pieces with a bit of rng/crafting.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

The stat weights on the first page answer the question

at what level of % of buffed MS can I start thinking about BoS being viable ? Without Chains spam. I don't need 100% uptime or anything, but it being viable.

I mean if youi have like any gear with MS you are fine. I was able to keep 40%+ in highmaul without chains at like 1200 MS. Now im at 2400 and still need to chains its just rng some pulls its hardly any, but breath does more healing than DS and chains is totally worth lol. At least on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos12 View Post
    Soooo, nobody gonna talk about Breath Healing on physical damage?
    what is this about by the way ?