Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olisaurus View Post
    This has probably been mentioned already but I'm just wondering, if I only raid HC and manage to handle my survivability, will that mean that the DPS legendary ring will beat the tanking ring dps wise
    Yes, the 715 DPS ring is more damage than the tank ring - however the legendary DPS ring's active does not work in a tank spec, so you will want the legendary tank ring once you get the Tomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruka View Post
    Tanking Hellfire in PUGS on my DK, usually tank on my monk.

Currently have 3 trinkets and could use help deciding which to use.

670 Pol's Blind Eye
    670 Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork(with socket)
    690 Imbued Stone Sigil

Thoughts on which two I should use?
    Pol's + Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Yes, the 715 DPS ring is more damage than the tank ring - however the legendary DPS ring's active does not work in a tank spec, so you will want the legendary tank ring once you get the Tomes.
    Do you ahve the 735 to know or know someone with it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Do you ahve the 735 to know or know someone with it?
    Yes You get an "ability is not ready yet" message when you try.

It's really disappointing.

Could it be that you would benefit from the active if someone else activates it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Yes You get an "ability is not ready yet" message when you try.

It's really disappointing.
    Wow, that's a shame. Would the stats still make it a better ring though? Ignoring any mitigation factor and just focusing on dps-whoring.
    Or even a weirder question, if I'm not going to raid mythic and know that my slots will most likely stay at 715, couldn't I just stick to the old dps ring for the proc?
    Keep in mind I'm still talking about "BoS Burn + Cleave Trinket"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though the DPS ring has MS/crit on it, I probably wouldn't use the legendary DPS ring if the above is true about the active not working for tank specializations. The tank ring is passive stats and a 15 second +25% damage increase (scales to 44%), I highly doubt the pure stats on the DPS ring alone is going to out perform that from a DPS perspective if you're talking 735 DPS ring vs 735 Tank ring.

If we actually got to use the DPS ring on use, and it's end effect I would totally use it though. That's a shame if that proves to be true though. Ultimately it might have been moot in a lot of situations anyway, as I'm not exactly sure how the ring upgrade thing works, as to whether it applies to both rings in your inventory or just one a time.

Ring upgrade only applies to the ring you upgrade. We tested that on tuesday when some got the ring in our guild.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We only had scumbag pure DPS get it, so we couldn't test that portion out lol.

Oh well, tank ring it is

Deleted
    About the legendary rings "all damage and healing received is divided evenly among empowered allies". I take it this will apply to DS heal/shield or just external healing?
    The text seems to suggest it does apply.
    Which leaves me wondering about Death Pact and if I only receive 25% of my HP (instead of 50%). What about the 25% of my HP healing absorb debuff, does it go on both players or just me?
    I know it's probably no big deal if it does, just don't use it while the ring is active.

Do you guys use a macro for blood tap? I use this macro for blood tap:

#showtooltip Blood tap
    /use blood tap
    /use blood tap

Now I stack my blood charges to 10, make sure my blood rune is regenning and not depleted, then I death strike -> macro and it gives me another death strike. Is that basically the correct usage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Do you guys use a macro for blood tap? I use this macro for blood tap:

#showtooltip Blood tap
    /use blood tap
    /use blood tap

Now I stack my blood charges to 10, make sure my blood rune is regenning and not depleted, then I death strike -> macro and it gives me another death strike. Is that basically the correct usage?
    What's the use of your macro?
    I mean you still have to tap it twice to cast blood tap like you would directly on the spell so i don't really see the point.

I just manage my blood tap manually depending on in fight events : if i will need a dps burst/health burst, sometime i just spam it to build scent of blood stacks to prepair to heal myself after a big hit.
    Generally speaking if you don't wanna manage your rune tap you'd probably be better off just going with one of the passive and forget about it.

The awesome thing with BT is that you can actually "store" runes for further use. If you just mindlessly use your stacks for a DS right after a previous one you're preventing yourself from DSing for some time for a weak ass 0 SoB stack DS, imho that's not worth it.
    You should avoid reaching 12 stacks tho but on some encounters it is just worth it to pool it so you have a burst of rune available on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyopses View Post
    What's the use of your macro?
    I mean you still have to tap it twice to cast blood tap like you would directly on the spell so i don't really see the point.

I just manage my blood tap manually depending on in fight events : if i will need a dps burst/health burst, sometime i just spam it to build scent of blood stacks to prepair to heal myself after a big hit.
    Generally speaking if you don't wanna manage your rune tap you'd probably be better off just going with one of the passive and forget about it.

The awesome thing with BT is that you can actually "store" runes for further use. If you just mindlessly use your stacks for a DS right after a previous one you're preventing yourself from DSing for some time for a weak ass 0 SoB stack DS, imho that's not worth it.
    You should avoid reaching 12 stacks tho but on some encounters it is just worth it to pool it so you have a burst of rune available on demand.
    His macro uses 10 instant in 1 unlike using the actual skill from book. Though personally I dislike the macro because I don't always want to use both even if I can. It really just depends meh.

Deleted
    Thanks, i didn't know you could do that.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guide is missing Playstyle with 6 Death Runes in advanced section aka keeping all 6 Runes - including both blood runes - the whole time as death runes with PL and BT to maximize Single Target DPS and Selfheal/-absorb. Also how to use Defile/Rune Tap/Soul Reaper but still keep both Blood Runes as Death Runes. Could you add that please?

Quote Originally Posted by Deneroc View Post
    Guide is missing Playstyle with 6 Death Runes in advanced section aka keeping all 6 Runes - including both blood runes - the whole time as death runes with PL and BT to maximize Single Target DPS and Selfheal/-absorb. Also how to use Defile/Rune Tap/Soul Reaper but still keep both Blood Runes as Death Runes. Could you add that please?
    Was under the impression 6 death rune play was only on live for about 2 weeks before being fixed back in 6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Was under the impression 6 death rune play was only on live for about 2 weeks before being fixed back in 6.1
    The fix was reverted because it is intertwined with Reaping for Unholy DKs, and that fix messed up their AOE rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, it was fixed for like a week before blizzard reverted it back to 6 death runes. It was doing something bad to UH runes if i remember correctly. Its basically been 6 death runes since 6.1

Might sound like a noob question, but how can you game it that you can end up with 6 death runes? I always had BBDDDD or BDDDDD, never all death, that i can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    Might sound like a noob question, but how can you game it that you can end up with 6 death runes? I always had BBDDDD or BDDDDD, never all death, that i can remember.
    So first you get 5deaths by having boht bloods on cd and tap 1 blood into death. Now get the Death(blood) on CD and recharging and get the blood on CD and tap and now you have 6.

The ONLY benefit this has is minor. You will never just do 3 death strikes. You need to soul reaper, blood boil 2+ and rune tapping. You will be spending runes like crazy to keep breath up anyway and if you aren't using breath go play a different class.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstorm116 View Post
    "...Unending Hunger (Gorefiend)

Like Pebble, this suffers from being generally mediocre. It is the best DPS trinket outside of Burn/Cleave trinkets however, so if they are nerfed, this trinket might become better. It's mitigative value is actually decent, but it is almost all in avoidance, so it can be poor on some fights. This + Anzu's actually isn't that bad of a combination if you aren't using the Burn/Cleave trinkets..."

from the trinket section in the OP. since the burn/cleave trinkets did get nerfed, how much ground did this trinket gain on the other two?
    Did anyone ever do the math on this to see if the UH came out ahead of either the fel burn/cleave trinkets since their nerf?