How to farm in 6.0?

So I realized I need to farm about 18k windwool cloth to use all my spirits of harmony to create bags come 6.0.

So I started farming, and it goes quite smooth: Simply dot everything with nethertempest, your specialization does not matter at all for those ~400k outdoor mobs.
    But tomorrow this will be no viable choice anymore, since NT is singletarget only. What do you think would be the best spec/strategy to farm mobs then?

The mobs are usually too spread out to use real AE spells, and single target spells are not really effective for farming.

I assume going arcane and spamming AE might be the best idea, but ranged mobs are a pain in the ass then, and arcane barrage with it's 2s CD is the only way to pull mobs that are out of range (except spell steal, but that is quite expensive).
    Or I go fire, strong AE abilites, and scorch to cast while running (this is still ingame, I assume). But this is not so "cleavy" for a few mobs, since if you crit fith FB the mob is dead anyway.

So what do you think will be the best strategy?

Deleted
    Go fire and LB everything maybe?

Group em all up on mount, SN twice and AE I reckon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Ice Lancing 20+ mobs to you and use frostbomb with pet freeze FoF's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Probably Ice Lancing 20+ mobs to you and use frostbomb with pet freeze FoF's
    Woudln't work as the main target would die too fast! I'd say either a Nova spell or Living bomb would work best.

You can still use Nether Tempest. Although you can only dot 1 mob the damage spreads to all mobs in range of the dotted mob. The dotted mob takes double damage so it'll die faster though. Gather up a bunch, dot one, hit a couple of AE's and they'll all fall over dead.

Thanks for your help, I'll try and give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    Go fire and LB everything maybe?
    I wasn't aware that LB now has no target limit anymore, so in fact this seems to be the most reasonable alternative.