Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Took off cloak, and jump side to side was abreeze today.

Heroic is...ugh. I can't even, I tried it twice, and already decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Normal is another story, but it defeats the purpose of trying for the heroic and normal mount at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    I managed to get to the 3rd plate with my warrior, but my health was already down below 20%, and moving back and forth to avoid the roll is really annoying lol
    The roll mechanics haven't changed have they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    I definitely have, had no issues with spine outside of 25 man heroic on any character I did it on today.
    You solo DS on multiple toons every week?

Man you are a patient person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You can disable the debuff at the start of the instance by talking to an npc...
    I was referring to the blood corruption debuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    I was referring to the blood corruption debuff.
    Yea, that one really fucked me over good. No point in doing normal either since I want a shot at both the normal and the heroic mount at the same time. Guess I'll have to bring my pocket dispeller :/
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I can't even stay on his back, he keeps wanting to roll and even as I run back and forth he rolls regardless. I was under the impression that they had changed that mechanic slightly.

Actually, it sorted itself once I relogged. Still gotta run back and forth constantly, but I'll sort that next week by bringing second account alt.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-10-18 at 12:27 AM.

Becoming very frustrated with this fight on heroic.

I dispel the corrupted blood death with shamanistic rage but I find the blood of deathwing instantly killing me even if there's no amalgamation up to cast it. I can only assume it's due to a berserk timer although my log said I was fighting for 6 minutes (Killed two of three tendons) I just can't fight insta death.

I managed it on normal by running left and right almost non stop.

I'd never stepped foot into Dragon Soul until after 6.0.2, and I was having a lot of trouble soloing Spine on 10-man normal, mainly due to unfamiliarity with the mechanics.

What worked for me as a paladin was:

1) Kill 3 tentacles
    2) Stand in one tendril, hit Sacred Shield, and wait for 10 bloods to spawn
    3) Wait for Deathwing to roll, kill last tentacle, kill bloods, and kite the Amalgamation thing through blood running left and right to prevent roll
    4) And, of course, kill mob near the plate

Once I got the timing down of when to move and when to focus-fire the add, it was a breeze.

This roll thing is annoying as shit.

Which I guess is fitting, given the fact that it was (and remains) the most poorly designed encounter in the game.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-10-19 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 2 manned this yesterday. I started off on the left side he stood on the right so he didnt roll and when He needed to pick up the bloods I killed on my side we swapped sides at the exact same time and Deathwing didn't roll once

Solo'd the 25m Heroic version of this fight today on my main (Death Knight). I already had the whole rolling thing down from soloing it before 6.0 so once I got adjusted to the nerfed roll timer and figured out how to live through the Corrupted Blood debuff it wasn't difficult at all. I honestly felt pretty dumb afterwards, all I really did was made sure that I always had two cooldowns up for Blood Corruption: Death (AMS + Rune Tap usually) and I was able to finally down him.

More importantly I accidentally figured out that killing a Corruption about 2-3 seconds before Deathwing Rolls (so 2-3 seconds after the "ONE" sound on the countdown,) would make it so that the newly spawned Amalgamations would fly off as soon as they spawned, which would prevent them from casting the debuff. This also makes it so that you don't run the risk of killing any unnecessary Amalgamations and get more stacks of Degradation in the process. After you get the timing down on your cooldowns as well as the hang of killing the Corruptions you can simply kill all the excess bloods in the middle of Deathwing's Spine, kill the active Corruption, and simply strafe left and right until the Amalgamation casts the debuff, then strafe for 15 or so more seconds until you can safely live through it, which gives you full concentration/uptime on the Tendons.

On the next reset I'll film a kill of how I do HC spine and upload it with a text guide that I'll post in this thread for anyone who wants to give farming HC Madness a shot! Best of luck on your mounts everyone!

Deleted
    Solo'd the 25m Heroic version of this fight today on my main (Death Knight). I already had the whole rolling thing down from soloing it before 6.0 so once I got adjusted to the nerfed roll timer and figured out how to live through the Corrupted Blood debuff it wasn't difficult at all. I honestly felt pretty dumb afterwards, all I really did was made sure that I always had two cooldowns up for Blood Corruption: Death (AMS + Rune Tap usually) and I was able to finally down him.

More importantly I accidentally figured out that killing a Corruption about 2-3 seconds before Deathwing Rolls (so 2-3 seconds after the "ONE" sound on the countdown,) would make it so that the newly spawned Amalgamations would fly off as soon as they spawned, which would prevent them from casting the debuff. This also makes it so that you don't run the risk of killing any unnecessary Amalgamations and get more stacks of Degradation in the process. After you get the timing down on your cooldowns as well as the hang of killing the Corruptions you can simply kill all the excess bloods in the middle of Deathwing's Spine, kill the active Corruption, and simply strafe left and right until the Amalgamation casts the debuff, then strafe for 15 or so more seconds until you can safely live through it, which gives you full concentration/uptime on the Tendons.

On the next reset I'll film a kill of how I do HC spine and upload it with a text guide that I'll post in this thread for anyone who wants to give farming HC Madness a shot! Best of luck on your mounts everyone!
    Cool, meanwhile OP can check out 522 ilvl rogue solo of normal spine. It's really simple, can be done with almost any class in the game and you still can get the normal mount.

I hope they tweak Spine so he never rolls if you are in the middle now that way more people can or at least could actually solo it, really annoying that there is no safe spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    I hope they tweak Spine so he never rolls if you are in the middle now that way more people can or at least could actually solo it, really annoying that there is no safe spot.
    I agree, it is annoying, especially if you play with sound and DBM just shouts at you every second

10+ Year Old Account

Tried this but I died everytime to corrupted Blood with about 35k overkill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dragon Soul

Spine of Deathwing's Blood of Deathwing effect should no longer be able to critically strike or Multistrike against players on Heroic difficulty.
    Resolved a number of issues where some spells and abilities dealt an excessive amount of damage.
    Could anybody check if they squished the damage you get from Blood Corruption: Death(I'm at work atm)? As a warrior, I really don't have the sustained healing I need to consistently remove the healing absorption debuff.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dragon Soul

Spine of Deathwing's Blood of Deathwing effect should no longer be able to critically strike or Multistrike against players on Heroic difficulty.
    Resolved a number of issues where some spells and abilities dealt an excessive amount of damage.
    Could anybody check if they squished the damage you get from Blood Corruption: Death(I'm at work atm)? As a warrior, I really don't have the sustained healing I need to consistently remove the healing absorption debuff.
    And I cleared it yesterday on normal on all my soloing characters since I didn't thought they will nerf it

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it in 25nm, very annoying, but impossible in heroic for the moment (need a realm restart)

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Your Blood of Deathwing hit You 50331 Fire. (142643 Overkill)
    You died.

That'd be all I have to say about soloing this.

THIS! Thanks blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    And I cleared it yesterday on normal on all my soloing characters since I didn't thought they will nerf it
    It's not nerfed, Blood of Deathwing dont crit for 300k but hits for 150/160k which has no difference. It's a trollfix.

Spine isn't hard, just annoying. Here's exactly how you can do it (even for classes that have no self-healing!):

- You have to bounce between the left and right side of his back CONSTANTLY. Due to there only being one player on his back, he gets incredibly confused and annoyed, so he'll always be rolling. Yes it's annoying, but you have no choice.

- If you have a lot of self-healing, you can do the fight the normal way, pulling out an Amalg and just slowly getting him to 9 stacks. If you have Leech (Leeching Poison, Juggernaut's Crystal [JC], etc.) as your only self healing, continuously kill Corruptions and Amalgs to keep yourself healed up as needed as you get 9 bloods to put into an Amalg. If you have no self-healing and don't have a JC (like a Mage), keep up any absorb you have (Ice Barrier!), kill bloods continuously, then when you have a pile of residue or bloods, get an amalg, dump the bloods on them, and quickly kill the amalg on the plate.

- Rinse/repeat to win!

I'll be the first to admit, for a no self-healing class, it's easier said than done (having to manage the bloods/amalgs while running back/forth constantly), but once you get the rhythm down, it's really not that bad Just takes some practice.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.