7+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Mind harvest is useless?

Why did they even bother putting it in the game like it is now? All I think most people wanted was to be able to start a fight at 3 orbs. It would be simple to just say it generates 3 orbs and has 1 charge. This charge does not regenerate in combat. Boom you get what you want and you don't have to make it useless.

My current mind blast has a cd of 6 seconds

Even if I used it on cd on new targets (say naz) I am gaining nothing from it. I save a fraction of a second maybe but I lose the damage done from the second mind blast I could have used within that time frame.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-10-16 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Its great for leveling. Thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a dps increase on fights where you can hit a new target with your first mindblast around 85% of the time, otherwise it's a loss. Tried it on spoils today and I kicked ass haha other than that, it is pretty useless. One could argue galakras, too
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

It's Blizz's way of trolling us. Put in a great glyph and then add

"increases the CD of mindblast by 7 minutes" when they implement it.

the extra 3 orbs are really good when you have 5 total orbs. with the 3 maximum now it kinda blows

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    the extra 3 orbs are really good when you have 5 total orbs. with the 3 maximum now it kinda blows
    its 2 extra orbs now not 3

which makes it even less worth. The other poster mentioned its decent for spoils. So its maybe a niche glyph for heavy multi targeting/leveling but it has no place in most fights. They introduced it like it would be something to help up do up front burst in fights because after one wipe you start with 0 orbs and you are in a bad place. They changed that to:

Your first MB on a target gives 2 orbs but increases the cd of MB by 6 seconds.

it adds a bit more burst at the cost of the damage of one of the MB you missed by taking the glyph. Since haste reduces MB cd mine is around 6 .4 seconds. That means I net .4 seconds by using it instead of just casting two.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-10-16 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Not every glyph has to be useful in raiding.

It's a leveling glyph.

Deleted
    good for farming frogs...

amazingly over powered in battlegrounds, arena and leveling. It's NOT a raiding glyph.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    amazingly over powered in battlegrounds, arena and leveling. It's NOT a raiding glyph.
    How can it be good in Arena ???
    It will only be good with zerg comp, and spriest are not the best at 100-0 people (compared to mage/war/ect.), so I would prob never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by terdro View Post
    Its great for leveling. Thats it.
    No it's not. i thought it would be. Then I leveled a priest with it, and no. Why? Because your dots hit like wet noodles and Mind Flay hits like wet noodles. The bulk of your damage comes from Mind Blast and DP.

So you hit a mob with mind blast, then DP, then MFI, then it dies, everything is great. Then you have to hit another mob, you don't have MB off CD, then wet noodles while MB comes off CD. Then two mobs appear and chain aggro, you only have wet noodles, you get your ass kicked while MB comes off CD. Long story short, you can't kill shit without MB while leveling, and increasing your MB's CD makes for an awful experience.

As for raiding it's only a dps increase in a spoils scenario where you get a constant supply of fresh adds that die fast. Which is... pretty much never outside of spoils. Twintop did the math on Sentry Totem of how many adds per minute you need for GoMH to be an increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Frankly, now when Mind Blast cooldown scales with haste I don't really see the problem anymore. Your first DP with 0 orbs at pull comes like in half the time it used to.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Dragonboy hates shadow, what do u expect? Something good or competitive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    No it's not. i thought it would be. Then I leveled a priest with it, and no. Why? Because your dots hit like wet noodles and Mind Flay hits like wet noodles. The bulk of your damage comes from Mind Blast and DP.

So you hit a mob with mind blast, then DP, then MFI, then it dies, everything is great. Then you have to hit another mob, you don't have MB off CD, then wet noodles while MB comes off CD. Then two mobs appear and chain aggro, you only have wet noodles, you get your ass kicked while MB comes off CD. Long story short, you can't kill shit without MB while leveling, and increasing your MB's CD makes for an awful experience.
    I've found GoMH very useful for soloing big elites. The levelling experience is probably different if you don't have good gear, but the possibility to cast more Devouring Plagues by pulling small mobs to the big elite really made a difference when it came to selfheal. A niche, but well, it has its uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    How can it be good in Arena ???
    It will only be good with zerg comp, and spriest are not the best at 100-0 people (compared to mage/war/ect.), so I would prob never use it.
    every comp atm is a zerg comp. At 100, the amount of control you have will be incredible.

And what are you other idiots talking about? Shadow still has some of the highest burst ingame, esp vs mages when you can massdispell anything they try to do.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.