Lvl 100 Stat Weights for Dot Weaving

I've been searching but haven't been able to find any. I realize that things are going to change but I'd like to start planning my gearing for WoD so does anyone have any info on this?

Though i have no idea, which stats to prioritize, i'd guess a Mix of mastery, haste and multistrike will be the to go for CoPweaving as you will be spiking Most of the time.
    I personally will be doing CoPlite and if nessecary AS, if VEnt will not become viable before the raids open up.

With CoPlite i'll be prioritizing crit, haste and multistrike, since i will not have to gather that much offspecc gear.
    Last edited by ceall; 2014-10-28 at 12:03 PM.

My thoughts on dot weaving is that you won't want to have too much haste because of the short cast time of mind spike which would leave mastery, crit, versatility and multistrike. Since mastery doesn't have any effect on your dots and mind sear the gut feeling I'm having is that it would go Crit > Multistrike > Versatility but it would be nice to see some actual numbers for single target, 2-3 targets and aoe.

Deleted
    Could someone give a shoadow priest noob like myself a brief explanation of exactly what Dot Weaving is, and also what CoPlite is.

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post
    Could someone give a shoadow priest noob like myself a brief explanation of exactly what Dot Weaving is, and also what CoPlite is.

Cheers
    Also wondering this. I assume CoPlite is taking Clarity of Power but still using DoTs, just using it for the MB buff and better burst AoE.

Judging from Embrial and Ceall's comments, I think dot weaving/CoP weaving are the same thing. You use it for multi target, dotting some targets and just MS/MB your main.

Could be totally wrong with both.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2014-10-28 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post

Cheers
    CoP is a abbreviation for Clarity of Power. Your Mind Spike, Mind Sear, and Shadow Word: Death deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch. Also reduces the cooldown on Mind Blast by 3 sec and makes it instant cast.

I would assume DoT weaving is the traditional way of Shadow Priest keeping SW:Pain and Vamp Touch up on targets as well as using Void Entropy. Consumes 3 Shadow Orbs to deal (750% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 1 min. Devouring Plague will refresh this effect to its full 1 min duration.
    Last edited by Santoisms; 2014-10-28 at 02:44 PM.

Dot weaving simply explained means building up shadow orbs so that you can cast two back to back devouring plagues preceded by your dots, then back to mind spike and mind blast for building orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Dot weaving simply explained means building up shadow orbs so that you can cast two back to back devouring plagues preceded by your dots, then back to mind spike and mind blast for building orbs.
    Meaning, you store 5 orbs First, then Apply VT And Sw pain, DP+insanity (which is a must-have for weaving i guess) MB for your 6th orbs (which is the 3rd After your First DP), cast the 2nd DP + insanity and afterwards you go back to MB/MS spamming until you are back to 5 orbs.

And yep, CoPlite is how we play our spriests now, but With better/stronger MBs and MSear.
    Last edited by ceall; 2014-10-28 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Meaning, you store 5 orbs First, then Apply VT And Sw pain, DP+insanity (which is a must-have for weaving i guess) MB for your 6th orbs (which is the 3rd After your First DP), cast the 2nd DP + insanity and afterwards you go back to MB/MS spamming until you are back to 5 orbs.

And yep, CoPlite is how we play our spriests now, but With better/stronger MBs and MSear.
    I understand that CoP is Clarity of Power, but what is CoPlite?

Is it a version of CoP but with less calories?

it's taking CoP just for the mind blast benefits and playing like normal (keeping up dots, no mind spikes)

I did some calculations on the "intended" dotless CoP rotation. This assumes that you use mind spike, mind blast and shadow word: death until 3 orbs, cast devouring plague and insanity during and then go back to spike/blast/death.

Haste (until 15% unbuffed): 10,00
    Mastery: 9,09
    Multistrike: 9,09
    Versatility: 7,69
    Crit: 4,55

When shadow word: pain comes into play using dot weaving the math get a lot more complicated due to the fact that crit increases in value and mastery decreases. After 15% haste that also become more complicated due to blood lust/heroism and the fact that mind spike cast time will be lower than the global cooldown.

CoP Dot weaving = Using mind spike and MB until you have 5 orbs then putting dots up and using DP MB DP with insanity and letting SWP and VT fall off then going back to MS
    CoPlite = playing with the CoP talent but playing it like we've been playing shadow in MoP
    Last edited by Poltr; 2014-10-29 at 10:26 AM.