Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Yeah, man. Every class got nerfed." - People who haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    I havent played the Beta so I dont know how warlocks are performing in raiding but I have read that they are at the bottom of the DPS meters in PVE, with all the specs, even Demonology with Demonbolt

May someone comment about that?

I only raid as a warlock
    They will be viable and competitive - it's hard to make a fight that doesn't favour (demo) high mobility, burst on demand, high damage mitigation etc with great aoe (pretty much all specs). Even if their throughput is nerfed, the current style of encounters always encourages damage on demand over raw damage, and warlock (demo especially) is perfection at doing this. Throw in multi-target fights, and they just can't be bottom of the barrel without being redesigned.

For me, they aren't as fun - I have played a lock since vanilla, and I have been on the beta playing as they changed things. I found the felflame (and later KJC) additions to the game to just completely change how I played as a lock, and I loved it. I don't want to go back to TBC bolt-spamming playstyles. I flat out don't like stutter stepping when you have almost no mobile gcd's to stutter with. It isn't fun to me, so this will be the first expac that I haven't mained my lock, in favour of a class who gained mobility this expac, rather than completely lost it.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-10-28 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Warlocks are supposed to have access to some very powerful tools in WoD that other classes do not have-the combination of Soul Link and Soul Leech provide constant and limitless self-sustain provided you can keep DPSing.Warlocks indeed needed some counterbalancing for these powerful abilities,but the extent of the "counterbalancing nerfs"to mobility and utility were far too much.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Warlocks are supposed to have access to some very powerful tools in WoD that other classes do not have-the combination of Soul Link and Soul Leech provide constant and limitless self-sustain provided you can keep DPSing.Warlocks indeed needed some counterbalancing for these powerful abilities,but the extent of the "counterbalancing nerfs"to mobility and utility were far too much.
    And? You act like every other class out there don't have significant self healing/absorbs/mitigation/etc. as well.
    Last edited by Arrogant Bastard; 2014-10-28 at 08:48 PM.

Destruction, and only Destruction lost the ability to DPS and move. Affliction and Demo in no way need to stand perfectly still to be effective. If you are complaining about Warlocks, learn something other than Destro.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed the fun out of warlocks, 'cause that's what Blizzard does. First they buff something so that it's OP and very fun. Then they nerf it so hard that it's middle of the pack at best and not much fun at all. (Maybe I'm being just a tad dramatic here, but what the heck...)

What puzzles me is why couldn't they have just reworked KJC and left us Fel Flame; or better yet, slightly reworked other classes to match warlocks. But that would've been too much work and would've probably cost us a dare-I-say-what.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Don't expect them to fix what they've screwed up until the 6.3/6.4 raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcin the Hunter View Post
    don't mages still have icy flows as a talent choice?
    Not only do they still have it, the pre-patch saw a buff to Ice Floes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamran View Post
    Balance Druids have had their spammable instant improved in that Sunfire is now automatically spread to all targets inside a 5 yard radius (Lunar Shower reworked into Astral Showers). And the benefit from snapshot-removal applies as well, of course. Also, Starsurge made instant with Lperks.
    Balance druids are also one of the worst DPS specs in the entire game in WoD. From a numbers perspective locks are fine, the lack of mobility really isn't killing the class in terms of numbers. Everyone is complaining about nerfs but the fact is the class was incredibly overpowered in MoP, the nerfs were deserved and even after the nerfs it's still not in as bad a place as things like Ele sham and balance druid. They've already said numbers tuning isn't over yet so calm the fuck down, expansion is still over 2 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    Balance druids are also one of the worst DPS specs in the entire game in WoD. From a numbers perspective locks are fine, the lack of mobility really isn't killing the class in terms of numbers. Everyone is complaining about nerfs but the fact is the class was incredibly overpowered in MoP, the nerfs were deserved and even after the nerfs it's still not in as bad a place as things like Ele sham and balance druid. They've already said numbers tuning isn't over yet so calm the fuck down, expansion is still over 2 weeks away.
    Increased empty globals have been kind of a big issue even for DPS specs that are expected to have some empty globals (Frost DKs complaining about downtime for instance).

Then you have those of us who didn't sign on for empty globals having the same problem. There's a reason why a lot of people don't like having nothing to do....it's boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    And? You act like every other class out there don't have significant self healing/absorbs/mitigation/etc. as well.
    I'm one of the biggest complainers about the huge nerf locks are getting but it is true that NO OTHER class had the amount of self-sustain in PvE that warlocks have.NO OTHER.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    I'm one of the biggest complainers about the huge nerf locks are getting but it is true that NO OTHER class had the amount of self-sustain in PvE that warlocks have.NO OTHER.
    HAD, we are talking now not before.

Deleted
    Should have just replaced kil'jaedens cunning with fel flame since kjc is extremely similar to swg.

You were not nerfed... you just got to the level of other classes.

Warlocks have been completely OP all MOP, now you are back to where others are.

good warlocks will stay on top, with other classes close by, not miles below.

you will have to choose between utility and dps. Having utility, dps and OP survival is never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Destruction, and only Destruction lost the ability to DPS and move. Affliction and Demo in no way need to stand perfectly still to be effective. If you are complaining about Warlocks, learn something other than Destro.
    I'm not sure what you're responding to with this remark, but the people who responded to your previous remark weren't complaining about Warlocks. They were complaining about you. And people like you, who, for some reason, still make remarks like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    They removed the mobility from virtually every single class in game, again Hunters being the exception. Its an intentional design choice, and one that has been used in the past with Hunters being the "utility" class.
    It's an untrue notion. Stop peddling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    What you responded to had to do with options to cast something worthwhile while moving. About a sense of fun, elegant and engaging gameplay. Not about performing a perfect dps rotation while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    you will have to choose between utility and dps. Having utility, dps and OP survival is never coming back.
    Oh really? So I guess Frost mages don't have utility, dps, survival...right? Or Hunters, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    HAD, we are talking now not before.
    Warlocks lose a lot of things,but one of the things they don't lose is their self-sustain while DPSing.15%of your damage as destro is getting converted into a shield(and health scaling makes the 10% total health cap quite larger than it seems) and 3% of your damage dealt converts into healing with Soul Link.This is A LOT of self-sustain,especially considering the huge nerfs healers get in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    My guild was doing normal Highmaul yesterday, and I (destro) was somewhere between 1-5 for basically every fight. On the last boss (imperator?) I was top 2 every attempt.
    I watched you through that mages stream last night! You were doing great, why don't you stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamran View Post
    About a sense of fun, elegant and engaging gameplay. Not about performing a perfect dps rotation while moving.
    Sure but I would hardly say that locks have it any worse in the mobility department than other specs. Mages are probably the only spec I like the design of movement wise. There was nothing fun, elegant or engaging about spamming fel flame while moving so I dont see it as a big loss. We didn't get hurt too bad on numbers from it's removal and it wasn't an interesting spell so I don't see us much worse off either design wise or balance wise than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sorch for mages is even better now that it provides a movement speed buff. Shadowpriests got buffed since they can now fully spam Shadow Word Pain for instant damage while moving since snapshotting has been removed. I'm not sure about Balance Druids since I've never played one.
    Talk to any decent mage: Scorch now only worth casting IF you have to move, to get a speed increase. The dmg it deals has been gutted, you may as well melee with your staff for all the dmg it does. As others have mentioned, its a sacrifice of damage for utility - all other classes (including warlocks) have dmg v utility options.