Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

I finally decided to remove my Bnet authenticator...

It was getting so annoying to find myself having to get the code to log in that I decided to remove the damn thing.

The thing is, it always seems to ask for it at the worst possible times , for example after a disconnect.
    It's frustrating to to find out that you need the code but can't get it fast engouh (or you don't have it close to you) and you find yourself booted from a group or instance because it took too long...

I'll take the security "risk" for granted. Good riddance!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...may I ask why are you posting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltarus View Post
    ...may I ask why are you posting this?
    Can i also question how you could possibly misplace it? I put it next to my computer in a small dish with my other usb drives and i never lose it.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It was getting so annoying to find myself having to get the code to log in that I decided to remove the damn thing.

The thing is, it always seems to ask for it at the worst possible times , for example after a disconnect.
    It's frustrating to to find out that you need the code but can't get it fast engouh (or you don't have it close to you) and you find yourself booted from a group or instance because it took too long...

I'll take the security "risk" for granted. Good riddance!
    and -1 core hound pet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Can i also question how you could possibly misplace it? I put it next to my computer in a small dish with my other usb drives and i never lose it.
    You know how it is with things that you need quickly... They always seem to be lost or misplaced for some reason. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Never had one, played since Vanilla, never had my account compromised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is hanging in a bundle on a nail next to my screen. Together with my hardly used SWTOR authenticator, my SC2 BattletagUSB key and a few others, not moved unless I was going to play WoW some place else.

Never had my account harmed either, with or without it. But the pet was so adorable as well, hehe. And I hardly get asked to authenticate myself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    You know how it is with things that you need quickly... They always seem to be lost or misplaced for some reason. :P
    Not exactly sure why this needed a thread. In my guild you would have been demoted to trial and had no acces to guild bank for that. You will most likely be hacked within a few days

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Never had one, played since Vanilla, never had my account compromised.
    Same. O_o

... I wish I could log in with my old Account credentials though. I'm not fond of the Email-Login.
    And yet, my account still has my old Username attached to it, and is still valid to fill in for Support and Tickets... It's only used for Game login. >,<

It used to be a pain like the OP describes, but since the release of the Bnet "launcher", I barely ever have to enter my code anymore, even after a DC. It's awesome now.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Not really. Unless you need it it for more than just to login to wow, then I fail to see any reasons, why you'll not have it next to your keyboard. Are you for some weird reason running around with it in your house?

Deleted
    Hey, you guys, I just did something dumb.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-10-30 at 12:30 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it bothered you that much you could've just used to battle.net app and not have it ask you for your code all the time, My account has an authenticator and I hardly ever got asked, no matter how much you sign in/out, But yeah, Not really sure why this needed a thread:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    Same. O_o

... I wish I could log in with my old Account credentials though. I'm not fond of the Email-Login.
    And yet, my account still has my old Username attached to it, and is still valid to fill in for Support and Tickets... It's only used for Game login. >,<
    I'm guessing you two either got extremely lucky or you just never use the internet for anything

I wouldn't have got one, only I was responsible for the duckiebank and then the guildbank so it was more gold than I could ever be arsed to replace if the worst happened.

IT sits on my monitor stand about 5 inches away from my keyboard so I guess its never a problem

Battlenet Desktop App solves most issues too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never lost it. Stays on a collection of keys for my bike, computer case and window. Always with me.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    If it bothered you that much you could've just used to battle.net app and not have it ask you for your code all the time, My account has an authenticator and I hardly ever got asked, no matter how much you sign in/out, But yeah, Not really sure why this needed a thread:P
    This, I havent used my authenticator (which is on my phone btw, hard to misplace) since the Battle.net app came. Would only have to use it if I switch to another computer.

I didn't have the authenticator once upon a time and I got hacked. I Got my shit back, got an authenticator and I haven't regretted it since.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Anyone else really hoping his thread said "... then I got hacked."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    My account has been compromised a couple of times, though this was years ago now, so I'm not willing to take any unnecessary risks. Never been "saved" by the authenticator and twice I've thought I'd lost access to my account because my mobile screen broke. I mean what are you supposed to do when you can't log on to acc management to access the authenticator settings? First time I were within the 30 day thing so I got in anyway, second time I believe I had to dig up some code somewhere.

Besides, if you start the game from the Bnet client you never have to use the code. If I get disconnected I just restart the game :P
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.