Gaming Laptop Question

I realize this has been asked countless times so I apologize in advance, but my research is only taking me so far with my limited knowledge of current hardware etc.

I need a computer that is mobile (non-desktop) and I am trying to choose a laptop that will play WoW on Ultra or as close as possible. Also, a laptop under $1300 - which may restrict my Ultra requirement.. Anyhow I can't post links yet, but the below are two choices I am considering. If anyone can give an opinion on what I should go with and If there is a cheaper option please let me know. Also opinions of manufacturer's would be useful. Thank you for any help in advance.

MSI GE70 Apache Pro-012 17.3-Inch

ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71 17.3-inch

Lenovo IdeaPad Z710 17.3-Inch

Each has 'roughly' the same specs below
    Intel Core i7-4700HQ quad-core processor
    • Windows 8.1
    • 17.3" Full HD Anti-Reflective Display (16:9,1920 x 1080)
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
    • 12GB (8GB+4GB) DDR3L 1600MHz system memory
    • 1TB HDD (7200RPM) and DVD SuperMulti Drive

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to be recommending this machine a lot lately.

The Sager NP8651. 15.6" 1920x1080, i7-4700, 8GB RAM (has 4 slots, for up to 32GB), 1TB 7200rpm hard drive (with a second open bay and room for two M.2 SSDs. No internal optical drive, but an external is offered for $25 extra), but the real item of note is the GTX 970m graphics. The 970 is far superior to the 860. In many games, it is literally twice as fast.

When equipped with windows 8.1 and left otherwise stock, it comes in a bit over your budget at $1349, but that extra $50 lets it leave your other options in the dust.

I also personally own a Sager (NP8278-S), purchased through xotic and am highly satisfied with it after just over 5 months.
    Last edited by Masark; 2014-11-04 at 08:42 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

All I can say is I got me an MSI laptop a little while ago and I'm quite happy with how it performs, I get great fps in Wow but it is a higher end one then the one you selected maybe someone with a laptop with an gtx860 cans hed some light on wow performance.

Asus supposedly also has some great laptops as for lenovo, no idea, and my google search shows me it has an inferior gpu compared to the other 2 and as such I would not recommend that one.

Thank you both for your responses!!

Masark - Excellent recommendation I am looking into the Sager now.

Danpepe - Very cool, have you had any problems with the Steel Series keyboard, I read that it felt unstable. Also, how about overheating/loudness etc?

I appreciate both of your inputs, deciding on this new laptop is taking me forever!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhalo View Post
    Thank you both for your responses!!

Masark - Excellent recommendation I am looking into the Sager now.

Danpepe - Very cool, have you had any problems with the Steel Series keyboard, I read that it felt unstable. Also, how about overheating/loudness etc?

I appreciate both of your inputs, deciding on this new laptop is taking me forever!
    If you can afford the laptop Masark suggested, get it. No questions. Sager is a solid brand and that PC is miles ahead in performance for just a slight bit more. If you can't afford it...well Sager is still a solid brand but no matter what route you go you'll end up suffering a pretty big performance drop.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |