Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stealth breaking?

Any rogues having issues with stealth breaking completely randomly? I just had it happen about 6 times in my last bg. Im far enough away ppl shouldnt be able to see me then all at once stealth just breaks then im automatically dotted up.

Deleted
    Yeah happend to me too a hunter from like 50 yards away shot my down and i was stealtht
    same with a mage ,

something what happend was that another rogue sapped me and i stayed in stealth Without the subterfuge stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Rogue. Here are you tissues. You'll need them. Nothing works like it should here. Have fun! Try not to reroll to quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Welcome to Rogue. Here are you tissues. You'll need them. Nothing works like it should here. Have fun! Try not to reroll to quickly.
    Ive mained a rogue since I started playing this game. Im not going anywhere. So dont talk down to me. I know of the issues. Dont try and put yourself above me either.

I was merely asking if it seems to be more prevalent right now compared to before. Since you know, they pushed out a hotfix yesterday and WoD is around the corner.

Yes! I had the weirdest thing in a bg today where I had the stealth buff but was not visually stealthed and everybody could see me. I really did have the buff cause it went on CD when I pressed it again.

It also breaks randomly here and there, but that is not as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheltleth View Post
    Ive mained a rogue since I started playing this game. Im not going anywhere. So dont talk down to me. I know of the issues. Dont try and put yourself above me either.

I was merely asking if it seems to be more prevalent right now compared to before. Since you know, they pushed out a hotfix yesterday and WoD is around the corner.
    It was a joke I'm not putting myself over you.

I only notice it in BGs. I think it has something to do with the archers in towers and bunkers, as it only happened for me around them. It's like getting in combat with them somehow forces me out of stealth
    Last edited by Puffah; 2014-11-06 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    It was a joke I'm not putting myself over you.
    Forgot to put "Kappa" as disclaimer obviously.

On topic (kinda): I've had issues with eating as a rogue. I thought it was the master of subtlety buff falling off but I've tried eating from stealth, from out of stealth and I keep standing up around 5 secs after sitting down. I'm not sure if stealth has something to do with it, maybe subterfuge or some other person's external buff/proc/hot.

On Ashran i found i kept being unstealthed by buffs and 'zone' changes by moving around the map from the tower to the bridge of the ally/horde base.

Maybe this is happening in BGs too? But with gaining honor, resources or a thing has been capped/lost
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

7+ Year Old Account
    This is taking into account that Subterfuge has changed? You no longer stay stealthed for 3 seconds...

Once I learnt that I havent had stealth issues in BGs or otherwise..

I've noticed random stealth breaking out of combat in instances.

It was happening all through MoP, although it does seem to be slightly worse now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this problem just after the patch came out, but now it seems it just stopped. But yeah, it's really f-ing anoying.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Both pve and pvp I've had random instances of de-stealthing. Feels like if you blink too hard you de-stealth lately.

But, 6.0 has a whole shit load of bugs. Get dismounted while flying all the time. Weird ass graphical bugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Weird. Theres tons of aoe in the game which could be breaking your stealth, just two that spring to mind are hunters barrage and boomkins starfall, they don't have to be targeting you but if you're in their line of fire you are going to enter combat because some projectile will hit you and stealth broken. But this has been the case since forever.

Deleted
    Yeah I noticed this happening a few times in a row waiting to start the Garrosh fight.

Is it normal to de-stealth after sitting still for 2-3 minutes? It seems to be always happening for me, and just to be clear the period is not long enough to be marked as afk, if that matters.

Which BG was it? I know in BfG whenever I spawn at the horde boat (because alliance took the mine or w/e) I'll stealth on the GY and it often fades for no reason when walking on. As for classes shooting me from miles away, it sometimes happens when I vanish that the other guy doesn't even lose me as a target and can just keep attacking me. But hey, atleast vanish always gives us stealth these days...

Deleted
    I never, and I mean literally NEVER "randomly destealthed" in any PvE content. Not once, and I play this class since mid-Wrath. I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. My best theory: People still right-click target mobs or otherwise activate their autoattack.

In PvP, there are a lot of things flying around. My best guess is: 99% of "random de-stealths" are some AoE that hit you. The rest are hunter-related. Hunters, since vanilla, HAVE THE ABILITY TO DETECT STEALTHED UNITS. They can see you, even at some distance if you are in front of them.

I know that my personal experience has no statistical meaning. But I have been around for a while, and sorry, but I never got this in PvE content, and when I "randomly destealth" in PvP, most of the time I know what happened. And it has always been me being too close to something. Looking to Blizz for blame is simply wrong. And now you can get angry because of me not joining the public opinion. Let's see if I care

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    I never, and I mean literally NEVER "randomly destealthed" in any PvE content. Not once, and I play this class since mid-Wrath. I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. My best theory: People still right-click target mobs or otherwise activate their autoattack.

In PvP, there are a lot of things flying around. My best guess is: 99% of "random de-stealths" are some AoE that hit you. The rest are hunter-related. Hunters, since vanilla, HAVE THE ABILITY TO DETECT STEALTHED UNITS. They can see you, even at some distance if you are in front of them.

I know that my personal experience has no statistical meaning. But I have been around for a while, and sorry, but I never got this in PvE content, and when I "randomly destealth" in PvP, most of the time I know what happened. And it has always been me being too close to something. Looking to Blizz for blame is simply wrong. And now you can get angry because of me not joining the public opinion. Let's see if I care
    Did you know that 99% of facts are also made up on the spot?

Also you can right click to activate auto attack while in stealth and it won't break you out unless you're in melee range.

Within the past couple days there was a bug that was supposedly hotfix that heals were causing rogues to randomly break out of stealth so there was some legit shenanigans going on that have been messed with to cause that.

A lot of the de-stealthing that's happened to me happens randomly in periods of non-combat where I had stealthed and was approaching a mob and then was randomly de-stealthed. I just leveled up a second rogue and while going around questing a lot of times after killing a mob and restealthing to go to the next I randomly had stealth break before getting to the next mob with no debuffs or any sort of damage taken. Same in raids I've had a couple packs pulled on me going up to them in stealth and having it fail randomly.

One time clearing garrosh trash the tank went afk so I was sitting back behind the pack sapping the harbinger. I had been sitting there for a few minutes when I just randomly out of no where de-stealthed. I was standing behind the reaver so that wouldn't have been able to detect me and the harbinger was CCed so that couldn't have detected me either.