Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls trailer was what a trailer from Blizzard needs to be. People died. There wasn't a annoying British squeeky lady in that. There was some action. If the action of Overwatch is some smoke around the reaper guy and some bullets missing, then lol.
    Oh look, someone who has literally no idea what the game is actually like is basing his opinion off a hype trailer! Who would have thought???

Go watch the class action videos if you want to see people getting shot and the abilities and to see what the game is actually like...
    You're a towel.

Blizzard has a right to create what they want and I don't think you were listening to well when they said they were working on this game for 17 YEARS! It's not like they pulled this game out of there ass last night and said "here try this" you're one of those people who loves to judge a book by it's over yet you haven't tried it. "It looks too childish, too much of a cartoon" holy fuck lighten up for once you dark clown, everything doesn't have to be so serious and dark, who knows maybe when this game is released you will enjoy it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it didn't have any gore, profanity, sex doesn't mean it can't be adult. The game market is already flooded with those types of games.

I'm looking forward to the game but I have to agree the trailer felt like a generic Dreamworks movie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Since everything you've said is entirely subjective..... I'm just going to say it was pretty good and that I'm looking forward to playing it this afternoon.
    For a second I hoped it would be a full length movie.

My god it amazes me how worked up some people can get over 5 minutes of footage. Five minutes of footage and you clowns are already passing judgment and making all these ridiculous claims. I'm not sure if it's my style of game but I'm certainly not going to post all this dramatic crap you fools have over 5 minutes of footage.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    After all those nitty gritty trailers they have developed over the years I personally feel it's very refreshing. A 4th nitty gritty franchise would do them no good, and I personally see much more personality and soul in this than I've done in a Blizzard product the past many years.

'Kiddy' is a really really stupid term btw, it was cartoony as heck yes, but that doesn't mean it can't catter to an adult market. 3D animation in that style is something that has been proven continuously to be popular in an adult market in recent years by Dreamworks, Pixar and especially Disney. Sure, it might not catter to you, but that's your problem.
    I agree, its nice to see something new from them instead of the same old. Game looks interesting, like TF2 mixed with the fast pace of unreal tournament. I also like the classes they have and the abilities (read them all off the website). People that say the game is childish because it has a "cartoon-y" look are obviously insecure.

Or in better words:

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Yeah and the dark and gritty games are so mature right? Being mature has zero to do with the art style and how the action is executed. Being mature means understanding and accepting all kinds of styles and decisions.

What is childish though are the people that feel uncomfortable and feel the need to bash anything that has different design decisions that they want them to be.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount4857174; 2014-11-07 at 08:46 PM.

Every game developer has a group of people or gamers who don't like their games. Blizzard however, has a particularly high amount of hardcore Blizz haters who constantly rant about, talk about, advertise, and ultimately end up still buying Blizzard games. Its kind of funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    The art style. The fact that no one got their head blown off in a FPS trailer... For example.
    Yeah and the dark and gritty games are so mature right? Being mature has zero to do with the art style and how the action is executed. Being mature means understanding and accepting all kinds of styles and decisions.

What is childish though are the people that feel uncomfortable and feel the need to bash anything that has different design decisions that they want them to be.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Koenigstiger;30468350]Never seen a worse trailer by Blizzard. So bland, childish and without soul. It just screams "we don't care about story, setting, etc.". So why should we?
    The overall feel is the same as with HotS: cheap product with no flair whatsoever. The only idea is to make it as casual as possible.

It's not a TF2 rip

this this this...they never had worse anouncement game that this overwatch crap. even starcraft LOTV trailer sucks...nothing was shown except kerigan started working with protos but thats just it.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved much more appearence of thrall and jaina in HOTS

In your opinion.

I swear whatever new IP they would make it would be "Not Blizzard". BECAUSE THEY'VE PRODUCED THREE FRANCHISES FOR ALMOST 2 DECADES. My first thought on the new IP before the trailer was: "Good lord whatever the fuck they announce the hate will flood and hardcore WC,SC,D fans will trash it".

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesia View Post
    My god it amazes me how worked up some people can get over 5 minutes of footage. Five minutes of footage and you clowns are already passing judgment and making all these ridiculous claims. I'm not sure if it's my style of game but I'm certainly not going to post all this dramatic crap you fools have over 5 minutes of footage.
    Yeah. I mean I think the trailer felt like a generic dreamworks movie but it's not fair to say the game will be bad from that. I think it looks fun from the gameplay trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer reminded me of the incredibles, they could just have easily made it into the incredibles 2 :S

I didn't know I wanted this. Looking forward to more.

Awesome trailer! I'm super pumped. I'm glad its not like "a blizzard title" as you put it. U want a wow 2.0? A start craft remake? It really shows their versatility and creativity. I for one love blizzard games and to have a game of a different genre completely different from their other games, sign me up!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer was absolutely brilliant!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Every game developer has a group of people or gamers who don't like their games. Blizzard however, has a particularly high amount of hardcore Blizz haters who constantly rant about, talk about, advertise, and ultimately end up still buying Blizzard games. Its kind of funny.
    Lol Blizzard's best and unpaid marketing team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed for massively casual accessible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the cinematic trailer was absolutely awesome. Only minor point (which Chris Metzen acknowledged too) is that after it I had absolutely no idea what kind of game I was going to get. But they certainly had drawn my interest.

Nice to see Blizz branch out a bit. They haven't put a new thing out in a very very very long time.