Poll: Are you excited for Overwatch?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Excited would be an overstatement. I'd like to play it though.

Not a fan of FPS's but if there's a decent single player campaign I might consider trying it if it's free or my brother picks it up otherwise I very likely won't bother with it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

It looks much more exciting than the usual point and shoot FPS, I was seeing very different tool kits in that gameplay video. Another thing to remember, is at this point just about everything has been done already in gaming, original ideas are very hard to come by, but from the looks of it blizzard is still trying to keep themselves unique to an extent. Yes, it screams TF2, but that's not a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Spot on. Blizzard perfects every genre they attempt.
    I don't understand this mentality it's very fanboi.

Personally it looks okay but I am not sure why I should be excited about it. The art style is cool but the fps genre is kind of oversaturated.

Not particularly. If I have the itch for team or role based fps, there are other places to get it.

You put wow players, fps players, and team based combat in the same place, you're gonna have a bad time. They might pull it off, but honestly it looks like something I would only play with 5 friends, and we have other games for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So now everyone knows why WoW had to sit on a raid tier for so long; they were busy building another game.

I don't care for FPS at all. The videos looked cool, but I can't stand FPS, so the game doesn't excite me at all.

Yes, it looks like a lot of fun.

I cannot even contain my excitement. Coming from someone who has no real history in liking or enjoying shooters whatsoever, I am THRILLED for this. The story and characters look really well developed, and I'm itching to learn more about the storyline and what happened to Overwatch as it fell apart.

If it shares the same easy introduction as League, with the rich backstory Blizzard has a history for delivering, this will be a new permanent addition to my forever games.

The trailer was also amazing, I thought I was watching a Disney/Pixar movie. I'm going to see Big Hero 6 tonight, and will be churning out some serious Overwatch / Big Hero fanart for the next month - release.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Team Fortress 2 copy, also Borderlands.
    Bullshit. Herd mentality will shovel this from now until the game is released though.

I think it looks fantastic. It takes what TF2 does and improves upon it, or at least looks like it does. TF2 is a team-based game with a light-hearted tone and visuals. The game has a Heavy/Tank class, engineer, medic, sniper, etc. That's where the similarities end. This game has similar classes, but also much different ones, more of them, more abilities, etc. If the game's visuals didn't look similar, it wouldn't be compared to it nearly as much. Shame.

But I'm super excited. Absolutely no reason to hate on it as it's not a copy/paste, hasn't even been played by anyone yet and is just another addition to our gaming library. It doesn't replace TF2, CoD doesn't replace Battlefield, Xbox doesn't replace Playstation, so why bitch? Why is everything a competition?
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    So now everyone knows why WoW had to sit on a raid tier for so long; they were busy building another game.

I don't care for FPS at all. The videos looked cool, but I can't stand FPS, so the game doesn't excite me at all.
    Hardly. Different games, different teams.

The videos have been really cool. And for some reason the intro video in the museum makes me cry like a baby. Looks fun, but I suck at FPS so it'll be seen if it really is playable by non-FPS gods.

Also I could never play her for anything worth playing her, but Tracer is awesome. Her attitude and such makes me love the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

Good thing the development teams aren't linked together whatsoever? You can't be that ignorant to assume WoW and Overwatch would share development teams. That's like saying, oh the Starcraft 2 expansion is going to be delayed because WoW just had to have model updates.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Spot on. Blizzard perfects every genre they attempt.
    Like heroes of the storm?... *cough*

Not excited in the slightest. I'm very disappointed so far tbh

I'll still give it a try when it comes out

Deleted
    I've always preferred CS:S to TF2 so I don't think Overwatch will be my kind of FPS.

If it has some voice communication and playerbase as CS, then hell no. But probably still gonna try it, reinhardt looks <3

If it was single player maybe, but multiplayer PvP? No thanks, I sucked bad enough in TF2.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

As excited as I am about the game... The lack of character creation (or even customization) is a bit of a letdown. Imagine if WoW was made with a "large amount" of heroes to choose from. Regardless of how cool a game is, it immediately gains +1000 points for me if it has character creation. How hard would it have been to make a portrait for each race/class/gender combination for Hearthstone, for instance? Just. Agghh.

Yes, definitely. I've sunk just shy of 100 hours into TF2, though it never quite grabbed me the way it has some people who've spent literally thousands of hours playing it. I'm excited to try Overwatch and see if Blizzard's take on that type of game can really grab me.