Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by What-ho Squiffy View Post
    I think the real questions is which are better? Apples or Oranges? how do you even decide???
    Personal taste. Some like apples over oranges, some like oranges over apples, some like both, some like neither.

Personally, I prefer fresh squeezed apple cider over orange juice. But I like eating an orange more than eating an apple.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Where is all of this misinformation?

Somebody having a different opinion than you doesn't make them misinformed?

There's plenty of information, and has been for a full year now since the last Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway, I won't be playing it unless it's free and doesn't take up much space on my computer. But I don't see that happening.

I think this is just another step towards a younger generation target audience they feel will make them more money. Plus the genre change. I think mmo's in general are becoming less popular while fps games are remaining just as popular as ever, plus it leaves room for versatility of consoles.

Not my kind of game, and not the main focus I wanted of this Blizzcon on the 10th/20th anniversary, but I can understand their direction from a business point of view. Does seem kind of Wildstar-ish to me though in terms of graphics and theme.
    This entire forum is filled with misinformation about WoD, there have even been infractions for it, like the bullshit post that originated from here and got a blue response on the official forums where Blizz basically said "WTF are you talking about?". That's how I've felt all along coming into WoD threads. They barely scrapped anything whatsoever, yet that term gets thrown around nonstop. They've pushed some things back, changed others. But hardly ever fully "scrapped" something. Everything else is over-exaggeration, overreaction, speculation, people with some sort of entitlement or just straight up trolling. It's become a very toxic community and it's exhausting to read comments on almost everything now, especially products from established companies like Blizz.

Overwatch looks great. Can't wait to see more of it. Looks like a team-based game with your traditional roles and classes and then some, along with ultimate-like abilities and a lighthearted visual style. Doesn't mean it's ripping something off. I don't watch anime but I'm assuming the people that do don't say one is ripping off the other just because of it's animation style.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Overwatch isn't an MMO, it's a FPS. You're comparing apples and oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you're extremely into it judging by how you're already using their avatar, lol.
    Doesnt matter. It's the look im comparing. Not the gameplay.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

It's the next evolution in this kind of shooter, 12 unique heroes already not at all bound by classes like TF2 with many more heroes to come and some were even seen in the videos/art. I love the objective based gameplay which promotes team fights and adds more unique flavour to each mode, would personally love some WoW BG type modes like CTF (Warsong Gulch), Domination (Arathi Basin) and maybe a mix of both (Eye of the Storm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I wont be going anywhere near that game. I was never cool with TF2. Wildstar and Tera. What is it with these types of mmos? Not appealing at all.
    Its not an mmo.....

Isn't heroes of the storm just like Dota?
    Isn't WoW just like Everquest?

Oh I guess this means its going to be terrible because it has the same basic concept of another game.

I wont be going anywhere near that game. I was never cool with TF2. Wildstar and Tera. What is it with these types of mmos? Not appealing at all.
    Overwatch isn't an mmo.

You have to remember everyone has different tastes. Just because they aren't appealing to you doesn't mean they aren't appealing to a ton of other people. That's why we have these types.