One question. Alts for Crafting?

Heya!

Simple question:

any reason I shouldn't have alchy, bs, jc or insc on my alt and mining and herbalism on my main to provide my alt with mats to craft potions, armor, glyphs etc. for my main?

Any advantages of having the actual craft professions on my main?

Thanks,
    Chivaz

Quote Originally Posted by chivaz View Post
    Any advantages of having the actual craft professions on my main?
    Would like to know this my self :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the change to professions in 6.0 there´s hardly any benefit to having a crafting profession on your main apart from cheaper leg enchants from Tailor/LW etc. The only profession that I can think of that actully gives some benefit is engineering though its none combat boost more toys etc...

Only reason I can think is if they will add more recipes with a patch that will need reputation with a faction or will drop from mobs in the high zones (a new zone like Timeless isle for example). Otherwise, if you get your alt to 92 and get the 2 prof buildings your alt have, then you can make anything that currently is craftable. The only benefit I can see in a main is Enchanting, because you can disenchant Epic gear only with enchanter and because, you will do all quests and you will do dungeons/raids and replace gear constantly.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.