Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Most people don't realize it (because it's hard for most to put themselves in someone else's shoes) but if you actually had powers that put you above other people, it would take a great deal of self-control to not start thinking of people as less than you.

It's cliche, but the line used in many movies/anime that goes along the lines of "Are you concerned when you crush an insect? Why should I be concerned with a few worthless humans" isn't too far off. It would be easy to start thinking "Well everyone would be better off if this pest wasn't around" and just start offing people. Hell, think of how many people (who shouldn't think they're above anyone else since we're all human) say that the world would be better off if we just wiped the Middle East off the map (even though there are plenty of innocent people there).

But I suppose that's a bit off topic.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2015-03-10 at 04:06 AM.

Ben Parker's words still ring true.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Ben Parker's words still ring true.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

10+ Year Old Account
    Her accent is insane, I loves it so
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Deleted
    Yes, she is kinda cute. I am more of a Pharah-Fan myself. Strong, lawful and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Like I said, you clearly didn't pay ANY attention to the context.

Since you obviously won't go back and look, either, I'll spell it out for you: In the situation in the trailer, she has not only herself but her comrade and two children in the picture to think about. If your option is, "Hey, I can just blink over there and remove the threat before it even acts." you'd think she would just do that instead of blinking over and cheerfully saying hello, which only serves to start a firefight in the room, and seems a bit psychopathic given the circumstances.

That's the point, and why it's hard for me to really "get into" characters that have powers like that, because the writing always seems terrible just in order to work around their powers.
    Powers have nothing to do with it. It's called ethics and morals. Just because you CAN kill/injure someone doesn't mean that the first and only option you've got is to do so. In Tracer's case, the distraction/disorientation of her sudden appearance serves the purpose in getting the bad guys to focus on her and Winston, rather than on the children and on the artifact.

It's called "having self restraint". Put down the Punisher comics and try looking into some heroes whos first response isn't "aim and pull trigger".
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."

Evil alternate universe Tracer is actually a really interesting concept.

Alert the internet! To photoshop!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Being an accent lover, you gotta admit she is insanely adorable.

Deleted
    To be honest - yes, in the real world Tracer would probably be classed as a psychopath. She giggles while shooting at people, presumably with the intent to kill. She seems to view violence is incredibly fun. That isn't healthy. But this isn't the real world. Characters in fiction are larger than life, especially in this sort of setting.

Overwatch Tracer Cosplay by Vera Chimera (Yasemin Arslan)

Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-03-13 at 09:28 AM.

Damn that is nice.

There are going to be like 500 Tracer cosplays at the next Blizzcon I swear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Damn that is nice.

There are going to be like 500 Tracer cosplays at the next Blizzcon I swear.
    I will be soooo happy as I am going

for all those interested:

... how did they keep Widowmaker's boobs from risking a pop-out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They look so flat it doesnt seem to be a problem.

The magic of tit tape.

Deleted
    Maybe it's not her bare chest but another piece of costume that looks like skin, her boobs being covered by it. Maybe.

double sided costume tape. a lot of the cosplayers i follow bring it up.

Deleted
    To the Foundry!

Deleted
    Tracer looks too tomboyish. Why do strong independent women always look like men?