Cool [Blizzcon Attendees Only] Your Experiences Playing Overwatch?

As someone who has played OW at Blizzcon yesterdat; I have to say that I'm really, reall enjoying it! It's very fast paced, easy going, and not all about putting your cross hairs on the enemy the fastest. It's really different from TF2 in that while Valve's game would rather have you focus on one or two customizeable classes out of a few with many, many different mechanics; OW has you playing dozens of different, easy to learn characters that are all about their special abilities. Looking forward to alpha!

During my two-match session, I started out has Hanzo, then early on I swapped to Reinhardt and Pharah. Pharah is really, really cool on the Anubis map; I quickly found out that if I combined a quake-esque rocket jump with her shift ability that I can traverse the map in a moment, plus stay in the air for some 10-15 seconds or so. Air dodging is an art, and there's nothing like flanking the enemy team from their side of the map and raining hell down on them, only for them to turn around and go WTH when they don't look up. Reinhardt was really fun for leading the charge, and holding out that checkpoint under the bridge and in between the two statues.

Your play experiences?

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience is that I am so, so, so, so terrible. I singlehandedly cost my team their win both times. It's been a long time since I played an FPS.

Widowmaker is pretty fun, but she belogns in someone else's hand. I tried Reinhardt too -- love his charge -- but wasn't a good pick on the map I played him on.

I don't really have anything super insightful to add. It was neat that you could swap dudes after each death. I didn't like that I couldn't crouch as a sniper.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    My experience is that I am so, so, so, so terrible. I singlehandedly cost my team their win both times. It's been a long time since I played an FPS.
    I have to admit; I'm also terribad at shooting. Fortunately, Pharah's rocket launcher has such a large AoE that it is extremely friendly too those who can't hit shat. You don't even have to lead that much.

I loved overwatch it was great I did 2 offense and 2 defense matches both defense I played torbhjor (spelling) I loved to play as him love the turret part and molten core is freaking amazing he has main weapon shooting mode single shot and secondary shooting mode a 5 shot at once and armors pieces u give is very cool idea on offense I played reaper and a bit of widowmaker you can change hero if u die reaper is cool love the hellfire shotguns and his ultimate is awesome if u got enemy team in a group so I think this will be a great game

I thought Torbjorn was OP for holding out checkpoints; he plopped down a turret right next to the bridge entrance so anyone who went through died within seconds. I found that Reinhardt's shield was immune to hits by the turret, so that's how I got through. The turret is the bane of Pharah, though (even air dodging doesn't save you!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Addicting almost immediately. It takes some time to get used to the different abilities and reminding yourself that you have extra buttons to press, but once you get a grasp of it, it's pretty fluid. I play a lot of TF2, so I more or less slipped right into it like a new pair of shoes.