Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Heroes never die." [Mercy thread]

Because why doesn't she have one yet?

As a born healer, I slept through the Overwatch trailer until BING the angel wings and glowing yellow healing streams showed up. And now I want my sparkle staff and brez.

And uh, ineffectual sidearm to tickle people with so I can heal my team with laughter, Patch Adams-style.

As Reihardt at Blizzcon, I have to admit it: I died more times to a pistol wielding Mercy than I did to actual damage dealing classes... oh my shame.

Levitating support FTW!

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no.. It's "heroes will be remembered, but legends never die." I've seen Sandlot.

She looks like a lot of fun and synergy with Pharah, given the two can fly together. The damage buff she can do can be really interesting with pushes.

Deleted
    I wonder if using Pistol or Kritzkreig will be most dps if you hit all attacks?

Definitely a hero I'm interested in. Hope there are more healer classes implemented too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Heroes get remembered but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No no no.. It's "heroes will be remembered, but legends never die." I've seen Sandlot.

She looks like a lot of fun and synergy with Pharah, given the two can fly together. The damage buff she can do can be really interesting with pushes.
    Ah you beat me to it, great quote.

She is definitely the character I am most interested in. The space angel motif is pretty cool too.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely will give her a try - the videos look promising.

Deleted
    Question: can she overheal like TF2's Medic? I like support classes and healers but I could never really get into the Medic because of the encouragement to stick with one guy.

I'm thinking Zenyatta might be more up my street. Tossing out a healing orb as a kind of "hey, take this, it'll help" is more my approach, I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessCrow View Post
    Question: can she overheal like TF2's Medic? I like support classes and healers but I could never really get into the Medic because of the encouragement to stick with one guy.

I'm thinking Zenyatta might be more up my street. Tossing out a healing orb as a kind of "hey, take this, it'll help" is more my approach, I think.
    Or tossing a damage orb to an enemy, saying the exact same thing

I'm really looking forward to my Beta invite (I have hope!) and using my damage buff on Bastion while hiding behind his shield :3

Deleted
    I kind of like her a lot. She's awesome, even if I'm not really the healing type, I like her damage boost and her flying ability. Also her backstory, selflesness is the word I'd go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessCrow View Post
    I also couldn't get into Medic in TF2, which bothered me a lot, since he's a great/amusing character and I'm always in the Support role in games. But it just didn't feel like healing to me; consistent targeting was way too frustrating, especially in clumps, and I felt like I couldn't really respond instinctively to people in trouble.

I ended up playing the Sniper and sometimes Pyro in TF2, because I felt like I was doing a lot more to protect my allies by just strategically killing and driving off dangerous things rather than trying to outheal them.

This is why Overwatch has my attention — it looks like a lot of effort is being put into making Support roles feel dynamic, responsive, exciting, etc. Mercy has my attention because of the emphasis on mobility and responsiveness and what I am interpreting as a deliberate encouragement to swap beam types constantly as the situation changes (rather than try to glue yourself to 1 person feeding the healing beam 24 / 7).

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I thought it was, "Legends never die."
    Then you'd have people whining that she wasn't original.

Anyway I like her Blaster.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2014-11-10 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As Reihardt at Blizzcon, I have to admit it: I died more times to a pistol wielding Mercy than I did to actual damage dealing classes... oh my shame.

Levitating support FTW!
    As Reinhardt at Blizzcon I loved having Mercy and Torbjorn on my team. Torb dumping me armor and Mercy keeping me up. Whether on offense or defense having these 3 on our team we were doing pretty amazing.

I love her character design. The halo and glow-wings are awesome. Her play-style looks like my cup of tea. I love support classes and I love pistols in FPS games.

Mercy has the best design and I love playing healers, she'll definitely be the one I try first!
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I love her character design. The halo and glow-wings are awesome.
    Yea, her character design really is awesome, and I love her smile as well.

Deleted
    Mecha angels have something intruguing in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mercy is one of those classes that doesn't really stand out much in videos, but will likely feel really enjoyable in actual play. The simplicity / understated abilities makes it not very "Rah rah YEAH!" in PR previews, but I'm expecting her to feel very fluid and intuitive in practice.

She looks interesting. I wont play her but i will be glad to have her on my team.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor