Poll: Tracers voice?

Thread: Tracers voice

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tracers voice

Saw a lot of hate about her voice in another thread, I know the most vocal posters tend to be the most negative, but was just wondering what people really think?

Being from the UK myself, I think it's pretty good, it suits the style of the cinematic.

Deleted
    I find it kind of adorable to be honest totally fits the style of her character

Love it. Very stylistic. And fitting for an overly optimistic trigger-happy cartoon character the likes of... Tracer.

I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time she talks.

Deleted
    Speaking as a Brit...I love it. Yes it's ridiculous, but Tracer is ridiculous. It fits her perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Speaking as a Brit...I love it. Yes it's ridiculous, but Tracer is ridiculous. It fits her perfectly.
    Speaking as another Brit I think it's just a bit over-done, it's a fine line between an accent and a piss-take. I'm sure that wasn't their intention though. I saw someone else saying she should have sounded something closer to received pronunciation and I agree.

I think it's quite jarring to us because we're not used to hearing British accents in our entertainment anymore. It's like a British Airways flight back from the U.S.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mezz1 View Post
    Speaking as another Brit I think it's just a bit over-done, it's a fine line between an accent and a piss-take. I'm sure that wasn't their intention though. I saw someone else saying she should have sounded something closer to received pronunciation and I agree.

I think it's quite jarring to us because we're not used to hearing British accents in our entertainment anymore. It's like a British Airways flight back from the U.S.
    RP and Cockney is kind of apples and oranges though. You could argue that she should have a toned down cockney accent, but it's a bit arbitrary to say that she should have an entirely different accent. In any case, all of the accents in the game are pretty exaggerated. I'm sure when they unveil the cowboy character he'll sound ridiculous to. It's part of the game's charm.

So Tracer, don't ever change.

Deleted
    Well she is supposed to be from London, i don't know anymore from London that sounds anything like that so it kinda irks me.

Deleted
    Why didn't they get a real British VA?

Deleted
    There are women that sound like her but they're usually from the roughest council estates of East London, or were in 1900 -1970. It is a bit old fashioned to be honest, the accent has changed over the years as more immigrants and different cultures have flooded the capital so it's rare to find anyone with a genuine old school accent like that. These days it's more along the lines of ghetto speak London style.

If you hear a genuine cockney accent like that I'd bet you anything it belongs to someone in their seventies, it's practically Barbara Windsor from the carry on films but a whole lot more grotty. I don't like it much tbh, she reminds me of a type of council woman stereotype, the sort that has eight kids you could make a rainbow of, looks like an obese gorilla and is just as educated.

It's not bad but it's pretty cringeworthy to me because of the culture I associate it with, the type of people I wouldn't trust around an open can of drink. Slimey, untrustworthy, purposefully ignorant, racist, sexist, homophobic, dirty, gout-ridden, absolute scumbags with a vernacular that makes you want to strangle cats. "GOTA BIT O' SOMETHING TA CHEW ON LUV!! WAAHAEEEY HUHUEUEHEU I'M SO FACKING FUNNY IN-I!".

You get the idea.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2014-11-12 at 11:02 PM.

Just from my stand point as an Aussie, I don't really love or hate it... it could get annoying with the amount of Tracers we will see when beta/retail goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Well she is supposed to be from London, i don't know anymore from London that sounds anything like that so it kinda irks me.
    So? Virtually no Americans have a grisly, old-west accent. Yet I'm sure the Cowboy character is going to say things like "yee-hah" and "hold it, partner".

She sounds like Stacey Dooley, and makes me cringe.

Is it Chris Metzen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stand it, voices that are too high pitch just drive me crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    There are women that sound like her but they're usually from the roughest council estates of East London, or were in 1900 -1970. It is a bit old fashioned to be honest, the accent has changed over the years as more immigrants and different cultures have flooded the capital so it's rare to find anyone with a genuine old school accent like that. These days it's more along the lines of ghetto speak London style.

If you hear a genuine cockney accent like that I'd bet you anything it belongs to someone in their seventies, it's practically Barbara Windsor from the carry on films but a whole lot more grotty. I don't like it much tbh, she reminds me of a type of council woman stereotype, the sort that has eight kids you could make a rainbow of, looks like an obese gorilla and is just as educated.

It's not bad but it's pretty cringeworthy to me because of the culture I associate it with, the type of people I wouldn't trust around an open can of drink. Slimey, untrustworthy, purposefully ignorant, racist, sexist, homophobic, dirty, gout-ridden, absolute scumbags with a vernacular that makes you want to strangle cats. "GOTA BIT O' SOMETHING TA CHEW ON LUV!! WAAHAEEEY HUHUEUEHEU I'M SO FACKING FUNNY IN-I!".

You get the idea.
    Thanks for posting this. I saw that there were a lot of British folk complaining about her voice, but didn't really give much context as to why they had such issues with it, beyond, seemingly, the usual "it's high-pitched and annoying" or "it sounds fake and overdone", which didn't seem to be Brit-specific complaints.

That said, while I now understand a bit better why our friends from across the pond find it cringe-worthy, without such personal/social context myself, I still can't help finding her voice, and her accompanying personality, adorable.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    Saw a lot of hate about her voice in another thread, I know the most vocal posters tend to be the most negative, but was just wondering what people really think?

Being from the UK myself, I think it's pretty good, it suits the style of the cinematic.
    no one speaks like that.

I dont care (I find it annoying to listen to to be honest, but I dont object to it), but its just a stereotyped bit of crap.

Voice of the future.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Voice reminds me of Jenny from 11th and 12th Doctor Who
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, sounds exactly like every single woman in Fable. I'm not defending Fable's voice acting per say, but I sure don't remember all my friends who played it rail against the voices.

Voted indifferent.